Author Topic: Sheriff Joe and the APC go to town.  (Read 14354 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Sheriff Joe and the APC go to town.
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2011, 06:42:34 PM »
I read the 1* thing one someone's uniform first as mall-ninja posing, trying to remember the tactical lil cop on TFL/THR that loved it. Second I read it as screw serve and protect, screw your safety, oops, sorry I shot you and your dog, but i'm going home at night no matter if you never see yours again. It is the saddest symbol of police turned to a hostile military that I've seen. Peace officers, yeah, we had those once.

ETA: Mercop was the name, think he changed it somewhere along the line. Whole long spiel on his site about how as a cop he was a mercenary to bring home the bacon for his family. Into training, name-dropping publicity ho, loved to have pics all over his site of his fat butt meeting Ernest Emerson or some other tactical god. Just hope I never travel through his patch of Maryland.

I remember that "mercop" joker.  He was real?  As in "I am not making this up?"  I though the was a bullsinola parody baiting the noobs for yucks.  Knock me over with a feather.

1*:
WTF, over?  A retard copy of the SF crest and using the arms of the asterisk to imply the crest makes me think "mall ninja ass clown" not...well, anything competent

I would refuse to wear anything with that likeness on my person for that reason alone, before even getting into the "one ass to risk" inanity.  (Really?  Just one?  What a loser, I've got a half-dozen in my hall closet.)
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2011, 07:01:22 PM »
From the 2nd article:
"Mr. Seagal... had a unique physiological reaction to sexual arousal"
WTF? I probably don't want to know more. But I keep going back to the word 'unique', and being afraid of that that could mean.

Maybe he has Peyronie's disease, causing his penis to bend or be abnormally curved, or he has a case of the prematures. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2011, 07:14:26 PM »
1* is new to me.  Wow.  Just Wow.  Now I will have to keep an eye out for that on my local folks.  It occurs to me that a SWAT guy that worried about his own but is probably in the wrong line of work.

Since roo_ster threw it up there for all to see, I'm struck buy the huge difference in organizational philosophy embodied there. 1* vs. De Oppresso Liber.

It probably says more then the SERT guys would like.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2011, 07:22:48 PM »
1* vs. De Oppresso Liber.

I never looked close enough at the 1* logos I've seen before if they ALL contain the De Oppresso Liber crest.

Gawd, I hope not.  That's dramatically, violently and retardedly backwards, if so.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2011, 07:42:53 PM »
Looks like CRKT stopped putting it on their "M16" line of knives.  good.

Looking at many of the 1* patches I find online...

Most seem to use an 8-point asterisk with nothing inside.

There is evidently an extra-special dose of stoopid in the department with the DOL crest embedded inside.  Might be "interesting" to let someone from SF know about the department that is borrowing their logo.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2011, 07:56:35 PM »
When did EMS become a paramilitary unit? I thought their gig was medical services, not gunplay.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2011, 08:38:09 PM »
I remember when the "1*" was started by LEO/gunwriter Gary Paul Johnston. He's a pretty straight-shooter, and it had a noble beginning....shame it's taken such a stupid turn....

http://www.facebook.com/notes/gi-jewelry/history-of-the-1-by-gary-paul-johnston/139258136136004

http://forums.officer.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-152808.html

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-570155.html

« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 08:41:54 PM by seeker_two »
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2011, 08:43:22 PM »
What's a USN patch? Not Navy, I assume.

It's a tacticool web forum that takes itself way too seriously.

Chris

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2011, 08:56:28 PM »
There is evidently an extra-special dose of stoopid in the department with the DOL crest embedded inside.  Might be "interesting" to let someone from SF know about the department that is borrowing their logo.

I forgot.  The police version incorporates the "thin blue line".   Sigh.   
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2011, 10:39:43 PM »
I remember when the "1*" was started by LEO/gunwriter Gary Paul Johnston. He's a pretty straight-shooter, and it had a noble beginning....shame it's taken such a stupid turn....

Yeah. It's not necessarily a bad thing to remember that you only have one earth-suit to wear, and we don't get replacements. Let's not automatically write off everyone who wears/uses the 1*.

For the record, I never have.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2011, 11:12:39 PM »
Yeah. It's not necessarily a bad thing to remember that you only have one earth-suit to wear, and we don't get replacements. Let's not automatically write off everyone who wears/uses the 1*.

For the record, I never have.

It's never wise to write off anyone for any single reason, with a few exceptions (child molesters, politicians and people that talk at the theater).  But I'd say it's fair to take it into consideration as part of a total package.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2011, 12:13:35 AM »

I thought I recognized the name when I looked up the link about the origins of the 1* logo.

I must say, though, that I have never liked his writing, and I don't hold him in particularly high esteem as being anyone I might consider paying attention to ... about much of anything.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Phantom Warrior

• friend
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2011, 06:02:12 AM »
Thanks for the update on the 1* thing.  The last time I heard about it it meant people who actually went into harm's way and as such recognized their own mortality.  Sad to see its been taken over by *expletive deleted*che bags.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2011, 09:25:14 AM »
He's cleaned himself up a bit and is a trainer in York, PA, maybe we should send Rev over his way. I have no doubt I could learn a lot from the guy, but I remember when he revealed his unpolished mindset about being a cop, so I have to treat him like I treat my 6o year old crewcut wearing tactical uncle. Stay far out of their jurisdiction.

Great.  Friggin great.  I missed this part earlier.  York is bad enough.  Introducing bad training into a pre-existing bad situation is potentially a bad idea.

Not overly familiar with the guy in question, unless he's the coffee can guy?

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2011, 09:52:52 AM »
(child molesters, politicians and people that talk at the theater)

Child molesters and people who talk at the theater are bad enough, but they are still human and I think it's not fair to lump them in with politicians.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2011, 05:49:23 PM »
Great.  Friggin great.  I missed this part earlier.  York is bad enough.  Introducing bad training into a pre-existing bad situation is potentially a bad idea.

Not overly familiar with the guy in question, unless he's the coffee can guy?

No, an entirely different *expletive deleted*bag.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2011, 06:48:09 PM »
I vaguely remember the mention of the coffee can. Can someone enlighten me as to what that was about?
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2011, 06:54:54 PM »
Wow, those Amish must get awful rowdy...
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2011, 08:50:47 PM »
I vaguely remember the mention of the coffee can. Can someone enlighten me as to what that was about?

There was a so-called cop who said that having an empty coffee can in your car was probable cause for a search for drugs.   ;/

Only he didn't say it that nice - something about hauling your donkey out of the car and ripping it to pieces, IIRC  :mad:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2011, 09:16:36 PM »
RevDisk:

It's never wise to write off anyone for any single reason, with a few exceptions (child molesters, politicians and people that talk at the theater).  But I'd say it's fair to take it into consideration as part of a total package.

^ Humorous wisdom! ^

CNYCacher:

Child molesters and people who talk at the theater are bad enough, but they are still human and I think it's not fair to lump them in with politicians.

^ Wisdomous humor! ^
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 09:20:44 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2011, 10:32:30 PM »
There was a so-called cop who said that having an empty coffee can in your car was probable cause for a search for drugs.   ;/

Only he didn't say it that nice - something about hauling your donkey out of the car and ripping it to pieces, IIRC  :mad:
Ok, it's starting to come back. I don't think I ever figured out the relationship of coffee can to drugs, though. All I could think of is that my stepdad drives around with piles of crap in his car that include many mixed nut cans that are just like coffee cans.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2011, 10:34:47 PM »
some think the smell of the coffee covers the dope. fools the dogs. they are overly optimistic
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2011, 01:06:37 AM »
Ok, it's starting to come back. I don't think I ever figured out the relationship of coffee can to drugs, though. All I could think of is that my stepdad drives around with piles of crap in his car that include many mixed nut cans that are just like coffee cans.

Simple. Coffee is an addictive, mind-altering substance.  =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2011, 02:10:12 AM »
Constructive possession. The cop figured where there was coffee, there'd be doughnuts.  :police:
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2011, 02:36:14 AM »
Constructive possession. The cop figured where there was coffee, there'd be doughnuts.  :police:

:lol:

Point, game, match.