Author Topic: Biden showing more symptoms . . .  (Read 136683 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Biden showing more symptoms . . .
« Reply #1525 on: May 09, 2024, 11:09:04 AM »
Biden claims that he inherited 9% inflation from Trump when he entered office.

Only, inflation was 1.4% when he took office. It didn't hit 9% until 17 months later.

The clapback is just starting.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/donald-trumps-son-responds-biden-claims-inherited-9-inflation-came-office
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #1526 on: May 09, 2024, 11:24:27 AM »
RFK Jr. Says Docs Found Dead Worm in His BRAIN
https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2024/05/08/rfk-brain-worm-n2396023

Died of starvation, did it?

And he is still has better cognitive function than Biden.

So does my dog.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1527 on: May 09, 2024, 11:34:30 AM »

So does my dog.

But can your dog...pause
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #1528 on: May 09, 2024, 11:43:26 AM »
But can your dog...pause

Repeat the line.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #1529 on: May 09, 2024, 04:12:30 PM »
Biden claims that he inherited 9% inflation from Trump when he entered office.

Only, inflation was 1.4% when he took office. It didn't hit 9% until 17 months later.

The clapback is just starting.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/donald-trumps-son-responds-biden-claims-inherited-9-inflation-came-office

And now all the NPCs and bots will be repeating the claim that it was 9% when he took office. 

Just like they have been claiming for the entire Biden presidency that it’s Trump who handed Biden a failing economy who then turned it into the Best Economy Ever

Said with a straight face in between claiming that presidents don’t affect economic factors when it comes to the economy performing poorly under Democrats*

*Doubled down of course when the president directly targets sectors of the economy to hobble them, such as oil and gas.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1530 on: May 15, 2024, 06:54:04 PM »
    BIDEN: "Every time a police officer puts on that shield every morning, their husband or wife, whatever it is, or child, worries about will they get that phone call. I got one of those phone calls" pic.twitter.com/GUNB9ChgDA
    — RNC Research (@RNCResearch) April 25, 2024

Yeah....

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/05/15/joe-biden-again-compares-losing-his-son-to-police-officers-being-killed-in-the-line-of-duty-n2396263
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1531 on: May 15, 2024, 07:32:06 PM »
Beau had just arrived to arrest the cancer when it struck, killing him.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

griz

• friend
« Reply #1532 on: May 15, 2024, 10:02:05 PM »
So Biden said "Now he's acting like he wants to debate me again. Well, make my day, pal."  Any idea if he actually means it?  I can't believe he would even try; in a verbal battle he is unarmed.  We're talking a man who can be defeated by his own teleprompter.  What does he have in mind?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #1533 on: May 15, 2024, 10:53:49 PM »
So Biden said "Now he's acting like he wants to debate me again. Well, make my day, pal."  Any idea if he actually means it?  I can't believe he would even try; in a verbal battle he is unarmed.  We're talking a man who can be defeated by his own teleprompter.  What does he have in mind?

I think they want to get it over with early, so by autumn it's a distant memory. That way, Biden can't be accused of being afraid to debate.

Also, they'll claim Trump was a big meanie in debate one, as a pretext to forego any future debates.

Malarkey Joe is hot-tempered. I wouldn't be surprised if Trump made him angry enough to goad him into rage-quitting mid-debate, or some other embarrassing behavior.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #1534 on: Today at 12:01:34 AM »
I think they want to get it over with early, so by autumn it's a distant memory. That way, Biden can't be accused of being afraid to debate.

Also, they'll claim Trump was a big meanie in debate one, as a pretext to forego any future debates.

Malarkey Joe is hot-tempered. I wouldn't be surprised if Trump made him angry enough to goad him into rage-quitting mid-debate, or some other embarrassing behavior.
The first debate is on CNN, "moderated" by two of that network's talking heads that have each compared Trump to Hitler.

The second debate is on ABC, where Clintonista George Stephanopoulos is part of their "news" operation.

Of course both debates will be conducted in a completely fair and totally impartial manner.

:rofl:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #1535 on: Today at 08:05:43 AM »

Oh, they'll have him on the good drugs.  Or body double.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_Star
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #1536 on: Today at 08:18:11 AM »

And now all the NPCs and bots will be repeating the claim that it was 9% when he took office. 

Just like they have been claiming for the entire Biden presidency that it’s Trump who handed Biden a failing economy who then turned it into the Best Economy Ever

Said with a straight face in between claiming that presidents don’t affect economic factors when it comes to the economy performing poorly under Democrats*

*Doubled down of course when the president directly targets sectors of the economy to hobble them, such as oil and gas.

Current inflation in incontrovertibly a result of the extended ZIRP post 2008. While Trump isn't uniquely responsible, Trump did agitate specifically the keep interest rates low and threatened the Fed when they started raising them. Of course the inflation didn't show up until rates were raised under Biden, but blaming inflation on Biden is wrong. To the extent Biden is responsible for actually raising the rates, he's to be congratulated for doing the right thing and not extending the bubble even longer. Trump, deserves zero praise on the economy.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #1537 on: Today at 08:24:04 AM »
Current inflation in incontrovertibly a result of the extended ZIRP post 2008. While Trump isn't uniquely responsible, Trump did agitate specifically the keep interest rates low and threatened the Fed when they started raising them. Of course the inflation didn't show up until rates were raised under Biden, but blaming inflation on Biden is wrong. To the extent Biden is responsible for actually raising the rates, he's to be congratulated for doing the right thing and not extending the bubble even longer. Trump, deserves zero praise on the economy.

Under Trump my pay went up over 25% and my taxes were lowered. I was able to buy a house at low interest, about 2.3%, and buy new vehicles at similar or lower interest rates. Business was going gangbusters, and I rapidly advanced in my career.

Under Biden you’re looking at about triple those rates, grocery costs have skyrocketed, and gas has hovered at $3/gal for most of his presidency. What my salary buys is a lot less and the economy slowing is going to affect my paycheck directly, quite possibly if it gets slow enough I won’t have a job anymore.

I don’t care too much for people on the internet jawing about how what Biden did is a good thing because it sure as *expletive deleted*ck ain’t good for my wallet in real life.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1538 on: Today at 08:40:33 AM »
To the extent Biden is responsible for actually raising the rates, he's to be congratulated for doing the right thing and not extending the bubble even longer.

Not really. I think it's well known here that I complained about Trump not only not raising rates, but trying to get them even lower. Biden simply did the same thing from the other side of the pendulum.

Trump should have slightly and slowly raised rates a couple of points instead of going for lower rates. Biden should have slightly and slowly raised rates a couple of points instead of going hog wild sending rates to where they are now. Which, yes, it's not as simple as that since policies, like taxes and regulations (especially energy regulations) are part of the inflation effect.

While I'm raking in dough via interest because of the current rates, I'm also paying a lot more for stuff. In general, we are better off having $20 and paying $10 for groceries than we are having $40 and paying $30 for groceries.
« Last Edit: Today at 09:14:46 AM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zahc

• friend
« Reply #1539 on: Today at 09:12:50 AM »
Under Trump my pay went up over 25% and my taxes were lowered. I was able to buy a house at low interest, about 2.3%, and buy new vehicles at similar or lower interest rates.

Business was going gangbusters, and I rapidly advanced in my career.

Yes this is known as a "debt bubble". Your own experiences are part of it, but the systemic driver of it all is megacorporations gorging on cheap debt (to be paid for by our children) to buy assets (including their own stock, and including houses fueling the housing crisis), along with hiring people (there's your promotion) with all that "cheap" money-that-is-actually-intergenerational-slave-labor).

Inflating debt bubbles is great fun while it lasts, especially if you can blame an opposition party when it bursts. That doesn't change the fact that it's disastrous economic policy, that conservatives happen to be ok with because half of them don't understand it and the other half are promulgating it.

Under Biden you’re looking at about triple those rates, grocery costs have skyrocketed, and gas has hovered at $3/gal for most of his presidency.

You can't credibly blame all of this or even most of this on Biden. The only fundamental way to reign in inflation is to increase interest rates or increase taxes. You blame Biden for raising rates, even though that's one thing that might help the other problems you list. You praise Trump for keeping rates low, even though that was gasoline on the current inflation fire.

What my salary buys is a lot less and the economy slowing is going to affect my paycheck directly, quite possibly if it gets slow enough I won’t have a job anymore.

Sucks paying those bills back doesn't it? It will get worse before it gets better, if it ever does. Rest easy though.... you are part of the cohort that at least had a chance to dance for a while before the rug was pulled out. Enjoy those pre-inflation raises and pre-inflation asset purchases...those coming behind you will only see the burned-down dance hall.

« Last Edit: Today at 09:26:32 AM by zahc »
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

HankB

• friend
« Reply #1540 on: Today at 09:26:58 AM »
No. The Fed began raising rates in order to fight the inflation that showed up under Biden.

Under Trump, inflation was low and though I was already retired and was not contributing to it any more, my 401(k) increased by more than 50% under Trump and inflation was negligible. Under Biden my 401(k) has been relatively flat,  but with inflation peaking at 9% (which we all know understates what the ACTUAL inflation rate is) I've lost ground. Oh, and my last gas fill up under Trump I paid $1.89, this week after 3 years of Biden, $3.39.
. . . While I'm raking in dough via interest because of the current rates, I'm also paying a lot more for stuff. In general, we are better off having $20 and paying $10 for groceries than we are having $40 and paying $30 for groceries.
I'll just say I agree with Ben here.

Trump was far from perfect - he was spending too much money even BEFORE covid, just like every POTUS of each party before him. But he had plenty of help from members of both parties in the Congress. Biden took Trump's overspending - including massive "emergency" covid spending - made it his baseline, and normalized and increased it. Creating more dollars inflates the currency.

Previous administrations may have set the fire, Biden poured gasoline on it.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Pb

• friend
« Reply #1541 on: Today at 09:45:19 AM »
Both Trump and Biden are irresponsible with our nation's debt.

Both of them can share blame for the horrific inflation.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1542 on: Today at 12:03:34 PM »
And they're back to the slight reduction in inflation means grocery prices are coming down thanks to Biden line again

If Biden's White House Will BLATANTLY Lie About This, They'll Lie About ANYTHING
https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/05/16/white-house-claims-cost-of-groceries-is-coming-down-sets-off-massive-bd-detectors-n2396291

Seriously you would have to one stupid detached delusional MFer to buy that
Oh wait, whats 4x15?
« Last Edit: Today at 12:53:14 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes