Author Topic: Meet a Black Guy  (Read 6012 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Meet a Black Guy
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2008, 07:15:41 AM »
In Kindergarten and 1st grade I was one of only five white kids in the whole school.

Only two of us were "normal."  The rest were in the special education courses.

You can't be normal.  You joined the Army.   laugh
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2008, 07:20:17 AM »
You notice I put normal in " ". laugh
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2008, 12:06:07 PM »
How hokey. 

I guess I've lived in any place that was overwhelmingly one race or another, except Jerusalem, where my neighborhood was pretty solidly Jewish. 

When it comes to neighborhood diversity though, age diversity is much, much more important to me than color diversity.  We had that where I grew up, and we have it now.  It's both pleasant and keeps burglars out of the neighborhood.  Always people out and about, all during the day (stay at home moms and retired folks) and up all night keeping an eye on things (the students like us). 

But putting someone on display because his color makes you feel good?  Ew.  That's just funky.  And not in a good way.