Main Forums > Politics

Reverend Wright Is Offensive

<< < (2/19) > >>

johnster999:

--- Quote from: wooderson on April 27, 2008, 02:51:10 PM ---
--- Quote ---So, wood, you do not find Rev. Wright to be offensive?
I don't 'find' him at all. A jolly old Englishman gave us a wonderful phrase about four hundred years back: "much ado about nothing."

Oh, ok. So indeed you do not find the good Rev to be particularly offensive at all. Glad we got that out of the way.

Manedwolf:
They just showed video from one of his appearances earlier today, in which he said that Michelle Obama would be "the first black woman to sleep at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue legally."

That's not offensive?

johnster999:

--- Quote from: Manedwolf on April 27, 2008, 03:03:22 PM ---They just showed video from one of his appearances earlier today, in which he said that Michelle Obama would be "the first black woman to sleep at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue legally."

That's not offensive?

Disgusting. Basically gutter talk from a supposed man of God.

wooderson:

--- Quote ---They just showed video from one of his appearances earlier today, in which he said that Michelle Obama would be "the first black woman to sleep at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue legally."

That's not offensive?
If I don't even know what that means, how am I supposed to find it offensive? Sometimes you have to write off gibberish as gibberish.

wooderson:

--- Quote ---So indeed you do not find the good Rev to be particularly offensive at all.What he says may or may not be offensive. But the man himself?

Why should I care about him?

There are 350 million Americans and at least a few million religious hucksters peddling their wares on a daily basis. If I got apoplectic every time one of them said something stupid, I would scarcely have time to breathe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version