Author Topic: Cruz Admits to Spreading Ben Carson Rumor  (Read 16301 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Cruz Admits to Spreading Ben Carson Rumor
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2016, 11:51:46 PM »
For the folks who want a Christian nation, what about the Americans that Jews, Buddhists, Hindus, Sikhs, Atheists, Pagans, Spiritualists, etc?

I live in THE most Christian town/city in the entire US (Wheaton College, home of the Billy Graham Center is here. It was big on Abolition in mid 1800's, and had many Underground Railroad stops.  It currently has the most Churches per Capita in the US).  It is a pleasant, conservative, and very accepting and caring town/city.  It has great schools and is a polite and wonderful place to live.  We have a  lesbian couple two houses down that are very active in their church.   There are people of all races including many Sikhs.  I've never known of anyone to feel unwelcome.   Probably the most hateful person in this town is me.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2016, 11:55:45 PM »
That's the stupidest *expletive deleted*ing reason I've ever heard to vote for someone.

No, he's just being sensible and reasonable.

I find myself less than eager to use the common so-con argument of "but the country was founded on Judeo-Christian principles." To me, it's better to just say "these [civics class basics] are the [political] principles of the American system. If you don't like them; if you find that they collide with your religious or other beliefs, then I feel truly sorry for you. If you can't learn to deal with our more advanced, more enlightened views, then I hope you can find happiness somewhere, with your inferior system."

Or something like that.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #127 on: February 09, 2016, 12:06:51 AM »
Once great America was killed by greed and globalization.
I call Bull.

America was FOUNDED on greed and globalization.  (Ahem, Columbus looking for a short cut to trade with India.  Later Colonists wanting to trade with countries other then Britain, and keep the money they made doing it.) 

FFS, just what the hell do they teach in schools in Ioway?
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #128 on: February 09, 2016, 12:17:37 AM »
So here's the Post where Scoutr 26 pisses everyone off.
That's the stupidest *expletive deleted*ing reason I've ever heard to vote for someone.   I think it would an absolute hoot to live next door to Joe Biden.  But holy *expletive deleted*it would he be a disaster as president.   My current neighbors are great people, they have the keys to my house, they help me out and I help them out.  However, I wouldn't vote for them to be dogcatcher, much less have the codes to nuclear football.   If that's your criteria for choosing a candidate, please stay home on election day.  Or at least bring your minder with you and have him pick...you know, the one that not a member of a church or sock monkey club.

Regarding Gay Marriage.

Roo_ster, please tell me exactly actions what the next president can take to end or stop Gay Marriage that passes Constitutional muster?  

Yeah.  I thought so.  Sorry, but that battle has been fought and lost.  The enemy has taken that hill.  The only hope is to NOT let the progressives choose the next battlefield.  If you are always on the defense, you lose.  For both the abortion and marriage (and other socon issues) look to the CCW/2A  model on how to fight and win.  Sorry, it's going to have be done a little at a time.  We're already seeing that with abortion (which how does PP get $500+ million in taxes dollars when there's the Hyde amendment?)  Pick a corner, nibble away at it.  Pick another bit, another nibble.  How do you eat an Elephant?  One bite at a time.   Sorry, I don't see a way to hit a home run here.

Christianity- Sorry, but each society needs some moral underpinning.  Without that laws just become suggestions.   And this country was founded upon Jude-Christian principles and beliefs.  Read the works of the Founders, they pray for His guidance and wisdom.   Look at what happened in the to Rome when it's moral and legal underpinnings fell away, it was easily swept under by barbarians.  Same with the Greeks, and just about every other empire.  Without it, you end up with communism, where words are twisted and perverted and human life is less than cheap.   That's my opinion, the resident Theist of wretch hive of scum and villainy.

I back Cruz because he shares the same beliefs, that we need to get this government back under the control of the Constitution.  I think that he will reduce its size and scope and unshackle the economy from this out of control government.  That he will restrain an imperial bureaucracy and begin the process of dismantling it.  I think Trump will sell us out faster then McConnell and Ryan did.  I also think that Rubio is another Ryan.  And will sell out faster then Trump.

I also believe that if we don't recreate Reagan's Grand Coalition of Fiscons and Socons, then all will do is eat or young and half of the base will sit home and Hello President Sanders.    We need both.  And I can't believe that people here are too *expletive deleted*ing stupid to see that fundamental fact.   Because if we don't, then what was it AJ said "I'd rather die of old age in my bed, then in the alley with an AR-15 in my hands."

And there should be a flip bird smilie or two in there somewhere.

Scout_rant over.

COTUS Article III Section 2, Second Paragraph
In all cases affecting ambassadors, other public ministers and consuls, and those in which a state shall be party, the Supreme Court shall have original jurisdiction. In all the other cases before mentioned, the Supreme Court shall have appellate jurisdiction, both as to law and fact, with such exceptions, and under such regulations as the Congress shall make.

Congress can pass a law and POTUS can sign a law removing SCOTUS jurisdiction save those few issues where SCOTUS has original jurisdiction.  It is one of the checks and balances written into COTUS.  Without it, there is very little the popularly elected branches can do to check judicial power.

The fusion of social conservatives and libertarians occurred under the threat of communism.  Do not expect to replicate those circumstances. 

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #129 on: February 09, 2016, 01:07:13 AM »
Look at what happened in the to Rome when it's moral and legal underpinnings fell away, it was easily swept under by barbarians.

Funny you should mention that. I received the following just today, in an e-mail from a fellow Vietnam veteran:

"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled,  public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance."

- Cicero, 55 BC . . .

So, what have we learned and done about it in the last 2,071 years ??

I have not verified the veracity of the quote.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #130 on: February 09, 2016, 01:09:10 AM »
CRUZ/SCOUT 2016!
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #131 on: February 09, 2016, 06:49:32 AM »
I call Bull.

America was FOUNDED on greed and globalization.  (Ahem, Columbus looking for a short cut to trade with India.  Later Colonists wanting to trade with countries other then Britain, and keep the money they made doing it.) 

FFS, just what the hell do they teach in schools in Ioway?

Globalization/Greed being lets make stuff cheaper overseas, to sell in our own country. Don't need workers here now, so factory/business/etc closed, workers now need to find employment at a lower wage. Aren't you concerned about the wage gap between the management and the workers, I'm not talking about retail/restaurants but at companies/corporations where employment takes some skill or higher education.

Have the economic power our parents/grandparents had in the post war years, and previous ancestors in the Victorian/Edwardian age. Before that barely anyone made it, you worked until you couldn't then you died.

Taking folks morality/societal reasoning, we should take back the vote from women, make non whites second class citizens, jail homosexuals, etc. Well because that is what made America great.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #132 on: February 09, 2016, 06:50:06 AM »
I live in THE most Christian town/city in the entire US (Wheaton College, home of the Billy Graham Center is here. It was big on Abolition in mid 1800's, and had many Underground Railroad stops.  It currently has the most Churches per Capita in the US).  It is a pleasant, conservative, and very accepting and caring town/city.  It has great schools and is a polite and wonderful place to live.  We have a  lesbian couple two houses down that are very active in their church.   There are people of all races including many Sikhs.  I've never known of anyone to feel unwelcome.   Probably the most hateful person in this town is me.

I got a gay black friend too. Whatever, typical my crap don't stink reply.

Uranus is a gas giant.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #133 on: February 09, 2016, 06:53:36 AM »

That's the stupidest *expletive deleted*ing reason I've ever heard to vote for someone.   I think it would an absolute hoot to live next door to Joe Biden.  But holy *expletive deleted*it would he be a disaster as president.   My current neighbors are great people, they have the keys to my house, they help me out and I help them out.  However, I wouldn't vote for them to be dogcatcher, much less have the codes to nuclear football.   If that's your criteria for choosing a candidate, please stay home on election day.  Or at least bring your minder with you and have him pick...you know, the one that not a member of a church or sock monkey club.

There you go cherry picker, do you work for the main stream media? Did you sniff some glue last night?

I also said...

I picked Rubio because I could be neighbors with that guy and enjoy it. No candidate is prefect in my mind, I also like Kaisch but he ain't going nowhere, so I picked Rubio, mostly for the reasons a few others have pointed out. The hope that the next couple supreme court justices picks won't be radical left or right. Rubio did finish a strong third, so that doesn't mean his goose is cooked.

Uranus is a gas giant.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #134 on: February 09, 2016, 08:40:00 AM »
There you go cherry picker, do you work for the main stream media? Did you sniff some glue last night?

I also said...

My, aren't we being polite this morning.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #135 on: February 09, 2016, 08:48:36 AM »
This one is done.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”