Author Topic: If dogs are so smart...  (Read 7380 times)

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
Re: If dogs are so smart...
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2012, 03:33:29 PM »
My Golden is absolutely a dog and not a human.

She is accorded privileges like sleeping on the bed during the day, and taking up 1 1/2 cushions on the couch.

She is a wonderful guard for the house and the kids, and is loved very much.

She is also a wonderful companion, and listens intently when I speak with her.

I still know that if I lock both the wife and the dog in the trunks of 2 separate cars, and when I open them, only the dog will be glad to see me! 

I do love my dog!!  =D
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2012, 03:42:27 PM »
It's best when they have a "suprise" fart, and look at their butt like "WTH was that!?!"  :laugh:  :lol:  :laugh:
I like it when I have a surprise fart and the dog looks around like WTF was that?  ;)
Avoid cliches like the plague!

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2012, 04:17:33 PM »
It's best when they have a "suprise" fart, and look at their butt like "WTH was that!?!"  :laugh:  :lol:  :laugh:
Mine doesn't look back. Her ears perk up and she wags the tail to fan it around.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2012, 04:22:13 PM »
My dogs are fed, watered, exercised, kept warm, made to sleep in comfortable bedding, given medical care, and showered with affection pretty much constantly.  In return, they wag their tails and snore loudly.

Anybody who thinks these creatures are not smarter than us is not paying attention.

As I like to say, I don't see the cat working 50 hours a week to put chow in my bowl. Top of the food chain, my shiny metal ass.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2012, 07:19:17 PM »

You ever have a horse scare himself into bolting from his own fart?   :O
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2012, 09:12:17 PM »

OK, that's one I hadn't heard. I will have to share that with Mumma.  :laugh:
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2012, 09:27:44 PM »
OK, that's one I hadn't heard. I will have to share that with Mumma.  :laugh:

It's happened a lot.  =(

But I've gotten now to where I can pull him up on the first jump.

Gus was foaled and raised in a dude string up near YNP.  I expect that he was pastured in some wild places with real dangers like bears and cougars.  Of course, we have some cougars around here, too.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2012, 09:32:40 PM »
You ever have a horse scare himself into bolting from his own fart?   :O
My friends do carriage driving. Or more accurately the she drives and he's the crazy guy hanging on the back for dear life while throwing his weight around keeping it right side up. The horse they used to compete with, Captain, would let one rip and then walk forward a few paces. Usually just enough to move the cart into the contaminated zone and him out of it.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2012, 09:46:39 PM »
It's happened a lot.  =(

But I've gotten now to where I can pull him up on the first jump.

Gus was foaled and raised in a dude string up near YNP.  I expect that he was pastured in some wild places with real dangers like bears and cougars.  Of course, we have some cougars around here, too.

That's what mumma said. Along with "big dumb animals"

Well, keep your butt and heels down and pull his head up. Although, i'd let him go a couple paces to get out of the stench.
Good lord can horses let some powerful ones go.  [barf]
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2012, 11:15:23 PM »
That's why God invented mufflers!  =D
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2012, 12:26:14 AM »

I can't help but remember this little gem any time someone talks about dog farts:

Either poetic justice, or just desserts.

He mooched half of my bratwurst with sauerkraut earlier that evening.

The CPAP is a snorkel, but the compressor and intake sits by the floor on top of a big APC 800RT UPS (I have a fear of suffocating when the power goes out)

He curls up with his backside right up against the UPS/compressor, and voila'!  I'm scrambling to take off the mask and hose, and my wife thinks I'm having a heart attack.

Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2012, 08:29:03 AM »
A classic thread hi-jack.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2012, 11:01:14 AM »
That's what mumma said. Along with "big dumb animals"

Well, keep your butt and heels down and pull his head up. Although, i'd let him go a couple paces to get out of the stench.
Good lord can horses let some powerful ones go.  [barf]

Mutt TB/QH - he can be doing about 30 mph in two strides  :O

Yeah, I finally learned the butt/heels down thing.  The hard ground is a great trainer  =D

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2012, 01:56:21 PM »
Mutt TB/QH - he can be doing about 30 mph in two strides  :O

Yeah, I finally learned the butt/heels down thing.  The hard ground is a great trainer  =D

Seriously, get his head up. He can't go forward or buck with his head up. Haul it up, by sheer force. He won't be happy, but he will stop. As long as you've got your heels down and your butt in the saddle, you should have enough leverage.

Had two horses that really learned me good on how to stay on and stop a wanna be bronc. After I left that barn, my form was crap and I had horrid couch seat, but, by god, no force on earth can pry my ass out of the saddle of a horse going nuts.
I respect hard ground, I deceded it was in my best intrest to avoid it.  =D

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2012, 02:43:02 PM »
Seriously, get his head up. He can't go forward or buck with his head up. Haul it up, by sheer force. He won't be happy, but he will stop. As long as you've got your heels down and your butt in the saddle, you should have enough leverage.

Oh, yeah - that's what I do  ;)

He is pretty lazy in the summer heat, but in the spring and fall he is a frisky colt again.