Author Topic: Verizon is teh suk  (Read 5314 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Verizon is teh suk
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2011, 11:55:09 AM »
Quote from: mtnbkr
That's why I've always asked for a supervisor or other point of escalation when the first person I speak to can't/won't help.  I'll never understand why the folks you run into at the lowest levels try so hard to save the company a dime while causing them to lose a buck.  My dad was a retail manager for nearly 30 years and had to break this habit in most of his subordinates.  Sometimes it's better to give the customer what they want to keep their business and make them happy.

"Show me the lowest paid, least respected person in a organization, and I'll show you the person most responsible for that organization's success or failure." -Unknown

Quote from: CNYCacher
Weird.  I get 1200 minutes on both of my el cheapo plans.  That doesn't count nights and weekends (starting at 7pm) nor calls to any cell phone on any carrier.

I'm on the Sprint web site right now and don't see anything remotely like that.  I see cheapo plans with unlimited data/text but VERY limited talk (450 anytime minutes) for $40, but to get to over 1000 talk minutes with unlimited text/data you're quickly pushing $80. 

By the way, I also just noticed their "anytime" minutes... aren't.  Ther version of "anytime" is nights (7pm to 7am) and weekends.  If you want to move that night deadline back to a whopping 6:00 pm, they'll be happy to do it... for an extra $10 a month.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2011, 12:15:46 PM »
"Show me the lowest paid, least respected person in a organization, and I'll show you the person most responsible for that organization's success or failure." -Unknown

Yup, but "success" in this case meant an early upgrade while failure means letting an existing customer pay a fine and exit a contract in order to go to a competitor.  There's no telling how much revenue they just lost considering the alternative was keeping AzRed happy and paying his monthly bill.  He was a longtime customer and likely would have remained one.

You have to take the long view.

Chris

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2011, 12:27:22 PM »
There's no telling how much revenue they just lost considering the alternative was keeping AzRed happy and paying his monthly bill. 

$125/month * 24 months + whatever I paid for a phone.

$3000 over 2 years for the cell/data plan.  If they offered a Droid-style phone for $250 to $300 I would have probably jumped at it.  I assume their cost for these phones is around $150 or so.  Sprint gave me one essentially for $75 and they can't do that if the phones cost them $300+, IMO.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2011, 12:32:52 PM »
That's the minimum, then there's the loss of the future potential business because you're not a customer who's letting his contract blindly roll over from one contract period to the next (or grabbing a new phone every 2yrs, but leaving the same terms in place).

You don't let a satisfied, paying customer leave over something like this.  Especially when you have internal guidelines on letting them do exactly what AzRed wanted to do. 

Chris

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2011, 12:40:33 PM »
It's quite likely that Verizon corp would agree with all of the above.  The counter jockey at the store who's just in it for the commission? Not so much, especially if he was in a particularly nasty "don't give a crap" mood that day.

Like I said, sucks, but it happens.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2011, 01:11:34 PM »
1200?  i have a daughter  she sneers at your 1200 mins. whats she gonna do the last 2 weeks of the month?

Whose land line is she calling during the day on weekdays?
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2011, 02:11:16 PM »
Whose land line is she calling during the day on weekdays?

the kid 3 doors up  while simultaneously engaging in an online game with her and several other princesses. i thank br for the glory that is microcell
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2011, 03:46:00 PM »
sounds like it would be cheaper to set up a teamspeak server, or something similar. =)

last i was checking into such things, you could do a white list.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2011, 04:05:13 PM »
I talk on the cell around 200 minutes per month.  So my 300 minute/unlimited text/unlimited web for $ 25 from Virgin Mobile works well for me.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.