Author Topic: Hannity  (Read 5656 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Hannity
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2010, 08:49:33 PM »
So your response is that poor innocent Hannity was being taken advantage of by those profiteering Tea Party activists and Fox moved to stop it,

That is not anything like what HTG said.  He very clearly said that FOX (the suits, not Hannity) felt taken advantage of. 

The idea that Hannity could be busted for being too partisan is simply laughable, no matter who you vote for.  He's an obviously and honestly biased commentator.  No one with half a clue could mistake him for a non-partisan.  I guess Media Matters has less than half a clue. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2010, 02:22:21 AM »
So your response is that poor innocent Hannity was being taken advantage of by those profiteering Tea Party activists and Fox moved to stop it...

A little off on the reading comprehension part today, hey?  That's not even close to what HTG said.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2010, 02:53:58 AM »
So your response is that poor innocent Hannity was being taken advantage of by those profiteering Tea Party activists and Fox moved to stop it.....

Double ewe tea eff, mate. I hate to sound like a parrot here, but as the other gents previous to myself also pointed out, that's no where near to what he said.

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2010, 01:36:08 PM »
Fine, I used some snark to push my point and I should avoid that.  HTG is asserting that the motivation for FOX pulling Hannity away was pure money, and that is what I said, albeit with some sarcasm.

However, I am listing multiple sources for my interpretation of events.  The problem I have is that you, collectively, are saying I am wrong without actually giving any evidence for why I am wrong, besides saying I'm partisian or my quoted sources are partisian.  That isn't good enough.  I'll admit I'm wrong, but you need to show me why.  Is media matters flat our lying?  Is the society of professional journalists flat out lying?  Can you show me they are lying?  You can chant about how they are partisian all day long, but it doesn't mean they are wrong.

If you want to disagree with me, then show me why my sources are factually incorrect so I can revise my opinions.

@headless: Don't act insulted, show me why I'm wrong.  And I apologize if you mistook my sarcasm for a mis-interpretation, but honestly, I still think my post is an accurate summary of the debate.

-----

At this point though I don't see what else anyone could say.  The msm has dropped the story so I doubt there will be any other information released.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2010, 03:41:05 PM »
How can one show a subjective interpretation of the hidden motivation behind public actions factually incorrect? Show me how media matters factually arrived at their conclusions and we'll talk. And quoting multiple sources is not that convincing when all of those sources are just regurgitating the original.

I should note I neither know nor care anything about what ahppened here, just pointing out the error in your logic.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2010, 03:46:41 PM »
How can one show a subjective interpretation of the hidden motivation behind public actions factually incorrect? Show me how media matters factually arrived at their conclusions and we'll talk. And quoting multiple sources is not that convincing when all of those sources are just regurgitating the original.

I should note I neither know nor care anything about what ahppened here, just pointing out the error in your logic.

Good point, I actually thought about that at lunch!

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2010, 03:48:43 PM »
So I should re-phrase.  I think the weight of subjective evidence points to Hannity being pulled for political reasons and the appearance of bias even FOX could not ignore, and I would like to mock him for it because his method of entertaining makes me angry.

:)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2010, 04:03:53 PM »
When has Hannity ever pretended to be unbiased? He hosts an opinion show, not a news show.  ???

Look, I don't like the guy either, but all this fuss seems like kind of a stretch.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2010, 04:06:56 PM »
When has Hannity ever pretended to be unbiased? He hosts an opinion show, not a news show.  ???

Look, I don't like the guy either, but all this fuss seems like kind of a stretch.

Well, to be fair I didn't start much of a fuss (on purpose), I just linked to some articles after hearing about it on the radio.  Obviously it isn't a big deal because it never got more than a 30 second spot on semi-msm sources.