Author Topic: modesty, so whats the point?  (Read 6381 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: modesty, so whats the point?
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2013, 10:18:34 PM »
But what they really want is selective adulation not general adulation.

That's what I said, except I used more words and you used more syllables. ;)

GW98, it's not "muffin top" if the woman in question has the figure for it. I like the look, but only on those few who can pull it off. It's the same thing with high boots. On a woman with great legs, the boots look beautiful. If not, she looks like Blackbeard.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2013, 11:10:26 PM »
......but I can't figure out how I would manage to redeem dropping my top.

I'm sure the thunderous applause would give you time to think of something....

=D

Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2013, 11:15:21 PM »
i took my daughter to a chinese restaurant yesterday.  we were waited on by a buxom young woman wearing a somewhat revealing sweater.  the part i couldn't help but notice (no, not those parts  ;/)  was that every time she was serving, or approached by a customer, she would cover her cleavage with her free hand.  so ladies, what's the point?  why would a woman go to the trouble of picking out an outfit if she seems uncomfortable wearing it?

Work makes her wear it, and she's not comfortable with that but needs the work?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2013, 11:44:49 PM »
That's what I said, except I used more words and you used more syllables. ;)

GW98, it's not "muffin top" if the woman in question has the figure for it. I like the look, but only on those few who can pull it off. It's the same thing with high boots. On a woman with great legs, the boots look beautiful. If not, she looks like Blackbeard.

Being a former resident of WI with us up here, you know full well just how often "the woman in question has the figure for it" actually IS the case.

There was actually a bill submitted this session in the legislature to officially declare that "muffin top" would legally have to be referred to as "thirdboob", but with the GOP in charge, it didn't even make it out of committee.
I promise not to duck.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2013, 05:12:44 AM »
Being a former resident of WI with us up here, you know full well just how often "the woman in question has the figure for it" actually IS the case.

Move to FL. In addition to good CCW laws, exercise and toned figures are common.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2013, 08:25:14 AM »
While I understand the issues of women's clothing, the fact remains that people of both sexes seriously need to start dressing a whole lot better. One of the factors IMHO is that "parents" let their kids dress shittily instead of parenting and making them dress more appropriately and thus they dress shittily into adulthood. I see it during interviews all the time. I'm not a believer in that "one should always wear a suit" to an interview but if you can't be bothered to dress in something nicer than ratty ass jeans and sneakers, *expletive deleted*ck you!

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2013, 08:37:48 AM »
Boomhauer, I agree with the interview thing.  If they can't dress properly for an interview, then I doubt they will dress properly for the job if they are choosing the clothing.  I can understand over dressing for an interview because they are not familiar with the company policies, but serverely under dressing is a character flaw.  Many young people today have absolutely no respect for the institutions that are in place.  If they exhibit "I don't give a crap"... that is exactly what I give them in return.

It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2013, 09:21:29 AM »
Assuming reasonably toned belly, i actually like that look.  Might be a generational thing.

I wasn't referring to the belly  ;)

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2013, 09:27:18 AM »
Move to FL. In addition to good CCW laws, exercise and toned figures are common.

More common, but muffin tops were still very present in my former neck of the Florida woods, aka. Melbourne/Satellite Beach/Merritt Island. 

It was almost as if they were being promoted as some sort of fertility symbol, like a modern-day Venus of Willendorf.

AJ is correct, the true measure of a woman up here in WI is her output in BTUs on cold winter nights.   
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2013, 09:31:49 AM »
AJ is correct, the true measure of a woman up here in WI is her output in BTUs on cold winter nights.   

You burn them for fuel?  :O

Turning corn into gas wasn't enough for you I guess.  :mad:

:rofl:

Chris

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2013, 09:47:40 AM »
I was at Books A Million one day shopping.  Checking out I was pleasantly surprised when this absolutely gorgoreous young woman that was exceptionally well built (and nice) was running the cash register.  She appeared new and had not gotten into the retail clothing appropriateness thing yet.  It was hard to take my eyes off of her.  What a speciman!  I later visited the store a week or so later and she had "covered up" with some sort of apron thing overtop of her clothing.  If there was a negative to me it was the abundance of tatoos.... she had them on her arrms, torso etc.  They were well done but it was a shame to see this beautiful woman going that route.  I half way expect to see her in Biker magazine some time.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2013, 10:33:10 AM »
She probably just woke up feeling sexy and dressed how she felt.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2013, 11:10:35 AM »

Chris

:D :D :D

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2013, 12:45:12 PM »
I don't burn 'em, they spontaneously combust!

I got the "women's BTU rating" thing from my aircrew days in Fairbanks, AK. 

They used to bus local women onto Eielson AFB every Thursday night to mingle at the club. 

It was referred to as "Hog Call", and that's where I learned about keeping cozy on a cold night.   :O
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2013, 01:36:34 PM »

Chris

If ya live up nord, you marry a woman with a fat momma so someday she will be fat and keep you warm on does cold vinter nights. Don't ya know?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2013, 01:50:18 PM »
If ya live up nord, you marry a woman with a fat momma so someday she will be fat and keep you warm on does cold vinter nights. Don't ya know?

I dunno - all that fat is pretty good insulation  :facepalm:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2013, 02:00:29 PM »

I was tricked when I met my ex. Her mother is only 17 years older so she was in her early 30's and hadn't gotten fat...yet. As it turned out, like mother, like daughter.

Neemi

• friend
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2013, 04:16:19 PM »
Some word combinations regarding poor clothing choices (either by the person or their parents) that I've heard:

Little kids dressed too provocatively = prostitot.

Wearing a mini-skirt or daisy dukes with uggs and a fur-lined vest= eskiho.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2013, 04:43:24 PM »
^^^ :lol:
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2013, 08:43:44 PM »
While I understand the issues of women's clothing, the fact remains that people of both sexes seriously need to start dressing a whole lot better. One of the factors IMHO is that "parents" let their kids dress shittily instead of parenting and making them dress more appropriately and thus they dress shittily into adulthood. I see it during interviews all the time. I'm not a believer in that "one should always wear a suit" to an interview but if you can't be bothered to dress in something nicer than ratty ass jeans and sneakers, *expletive deleted* you!

Yeah, I find that to be an issue.

Where I work, you don't have to dress nice. In fact, it's retarded to dress nice. You'll end up destroying nice clothes with stains, little rips and tears and all sorts of abuse.

But we've had several people who couldn't even manage our level of appropriate (cleanish, no obvious blood stains and covered up)
On girl would come in with jeans which would have been fine for a bonfire party in the sticks, shredded to the point it look intentional, with shreds showing off a lot of skin.

???

I just don't get it.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2013, 04:32:08 PM »
Maybe she just has a very aggressive washing machine?....

Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2013, 04:38:45 PM »
Yeah, I find that to be an issue.

Where I work, you don't have to dress nice. In fact, it's retarded to dress nice. You'll end up destroying nice clothes with stains, little rips and tears and all sorts of abuse.

But we've had several people who couldn't even manage our level of appropriate (cleanish, no obvious blood stains and covered up)
On girl would come in with jeans which would have been fine for a bonfire party in the sticks, shredded to the point it look intentional, with shreds showing off a lot of skin.

???

I just don't get it.

I would think the best thing for your work would be a set of long sleeved Dickies (etc) coveralls.  You can just wear them over something like shorts and a tank top in hot weather, and peel them off at the end of the day.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2013, 05:31:40 PM »
^^^ Or a good pair of scrubs.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2013, 07:41:11 PM »
^^^ Or a good pair of scrubs.

Long sleeved, one-piece outfit protects you better.  It can't scooch up an expose your middle to whatever you are trying to protect yourself from.

I spent several summers when I was logging mostly just wearing coveralls over cut-offs and a t-shirt.  Coveralls sheds the sawdust pretty well and catches all the oil and pitch throwed off a saw chain.  Often when I was just driving the truck, I stripped down to the shorts and t-shirt.  It gets pretty warm in the cab growling up a twelve thousand foot mountain pass in second gear at ten mph.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2013, 07:59:11 PM »
random(ok not really) movie reference for the thread. :angel:

repossessed (1990). >:D