Author Topic: modesty, so whats the point?  (Read 6410 times)

geronimotwo

• friend
modesty, so whats the point?
« on: March 06, 2013, 08:23:36 AM »
i took my daughter to a chinese restaurant yesterday.  we were waited on by a buxom young woman wearing a somewhat revealing sweater.  the part i couldn't help but notice (no, not those parts  ;/)  was that every time she was serving, or approached by a customer, she would cover her cleavage with her free hand.  so ladies, what's the point?  why would a woman go to the trouble of picking out an outfit if she seems uncomfortable wearing it?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: modesty, so whats the point?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 08:37:17 AM »
She was probably concerned that they would spontaneously leap out and say 'Huzzah!'. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 08:47:17 AM »

For a better view you were supposed to put your tip on the table when you first sat down ...  [popcorn]
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 09:36:01 AM »
*shrug* probably put it on that morning, got to work and then somebody pointed out how reveling it really was.

Sometimes it's hard to tell in the privacy of your home, what's going to be classy and what's going to show the world your assets.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 09:42:23 AM »
Just because I dress all provocative doesn't mean you get to look  :rofl:
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Neemi

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 09:49:38 AM »
The only time I've caught myself doing that is after I've noticed that the baby has pulled on my shirt while nursing. A few tugs fixes the problem.

As to the revealing sweater, I'm kind of shocked a waitress would wear a sweater. With the amount of food and spilled drinks that a waitress would get on her clothes, a sweater would be the last thing I would've worn (back when I was a waitress). I did, though, wear a sweater when I was the hostess (the greeter/leads you to your seats/takes payment). The manager also wore sweaters. Makes me wonder if she wasn't the waitress but filling in for someone else.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 10:15:58 AM »
This is in the same category as wearing short skirts and constantly tugging them down, or wearing strapless dresses and constantly tugging them up on the sides. Both are really annoying to me.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 10:21:56 AM »
I always figured the women were wearing the attire to show off for just the right type of guy, and had to adjust it for everybody else.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: modesty, so whats the point?
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 10:26:44 AM »
Kind of like the ones that wear something with words across the ads, and then get offended when you read the billboard.

Sent via tapatalk
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 10:46:04 AM »
I'm more befuddled by the women that wear low cut pants and not quite long enough blouses  :O
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 10:53:51 AM »
I'm more befuddled by the women that wear low cut pants and not quite long enough blouses  :O

At a restaurant in town here the other day the waitress was wearing the lowest cut in the front pants I've ever seen.  How low you ask?  There was razor stubble 1" over the (below the) waistband.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 01:00:35 PM »
At a restaurant in town here the other day the waitress was wearing the lowest cut in the front pants I've ever seen.  How low you ask?  There was razor stubble 1" over the (below the) waistband.

Gah!  Do not want!

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 01:01:30 PM »
*shrug* probably put it on that morning, got to work and then somebody pointed out how reveling it really was.

Sometimes it's hard to tell in the privacy of your home, what's going to be classy and what's going to show the world your assets.

This happened to SWMBO recently. 
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 01:02:42 PM »

I was referring to the "other cleavage" seen when she bends over or sits down.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 03:25:03 PM »
you just don't want to see rear end razor stubble
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 04:38:05 PM »
This is in the same category as wearing short skirts and constantly tugging them down, or wearing strapless dresses and constantly tugging them up on the sides. Both are really annoying to me.

This I give a little slack. Those types of clothes just don't always STAY where it's supposed to stay, and a lot of times you don't always figure that out until you've had it on a few hours.

I've never done strapless. I figure with my inabilty to pay attention to what I look like makes strapless tops a bad idea. I can always wash off the eyemakeup when I turn myself into a raccon and I always wear panties, so short skirt fax pas are slavagable, but I can't figure out how I would manage to redeem dropping my top.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 04:44:36 PM »
This I give a little slack. Those types of clothes just don't always STAY where it's supposed to stay, and a lot of times you don't always figure that out until you've had it on a few hours.

I've never done strapless. I figure with my inabilty to pay attention to what I look like makes strapless tops a bad idea. I can always wash off the eyemakeup when I turn myself into a raccon and I always wear panties, so short skirt fax pas are slavagable, but I can't figure out how I would manage to redeem dropping my top.
Spray-on glue? Double sided tape? =D
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 04:48:16 PM »

Oh, and I got an explaination for that too.

When it isn't intentional it's usually a case of manufacture fault and people trying to fit clothes that don't fit.

See, a lot of womans tops are still cut for the old style of pants that rise to the waist. But then low cut jeans came into style which evolved into multiple rises for the waistband. Now, most companies have a varity of waistlines and most of the conservative companies have switched to "natural" waist, which is still lower then the old style.

Unfortunatly shirts have not quite caught up with the trend. Some companies do manufacture shirts designed longer, but a lot have not (and some have basic shirts that come in multiple lengths to match the jeans) so those shirts arn't long enough to cover up whats been exposed by the lowered pants line.

Second, shirt sizes generally don't take varied chest size into account. So, unless your bust matches your size or is smaller then your size, the front of your shirts ride up higher in the front. <-- this is my curse. It sucks.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 04:49:52 PM »
Spray-on glue? Double sided tape? =D

They make double sided "fasion" tape for securing such styles.
However, I have a feeling I'd need duck tape to actually keep stuff where it needs to be.

Sawdust

• friend
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2013, 05:07:09 PM »
Staple gun?  :P  :laugh:

Sawdust
Retain what's coming in; send off what is retreating.

Well, you going to pull those pistols boy,
or just whistle Dixie?

I'm your huckleberry.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2013, 09:07:33 PM »

Assuming reasonably toned belly, i actually like that look.  Might be a generational thing.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2013, 09:20:12 PM »
You're assuming wrong.

Around here, it's called a "muffin top".  :O

"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2013, 10:03:37 PM »
They make double sided "fasion" tape for securing such styles.
However, I have a feeling I'd need duck tape to actually keep stuff where it needs to be.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2013, 10:05:47 PM »

Quit wearing them, then.  Sheesh...
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2013, 10:08:21 PM »
If the server is wearing the required uniform, I would cut her some slack.  Otherwise, I would be all eyes.  That is what they want.  But what they really want is selective adulation not general adulation.  They are exhibiting the same mating behavior that women have been using for ages.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)