Poll

What part of an Oreo cookie is most desirable?

The chocolate cookie part.
4 (18.2%)
Vaccines cause autism.
8 (36.4%)
I think fisty needs to lay off the weed for a little while.
10 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Oreo Cookie Appreciation 101  (Read 1283 times)

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Re: Oreo Cookie Appreciation 101
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2019, 11:27:17 AM »
No. The poll is set up so you either like the cookie part or you're as stupid as an anti-vaxxer. Or fistful needs to lay off the cheeba.

I figured it was about fisty using oreos to make a vaccine for weed.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2019, 12:17:54 PM »
No. The poll is set up so you either like the cookie part or you're as stupid as an anti-vaxxer. Or fistful needs to lay off the cheeba.
I feel the poll is discriminatory. Because of my heart problems, I can't have any caffeine ... and chocolate has caffeine. A couple of years after my heart surgery I complained to the cardiologist that I really missed chocolate. I asked if I could tolerate any at all, and he said the only way to know would be to try it. So I ate a couple of Hershey's Kisses from the dish at work ... and two days later I was in the hospital for a cardioversion. Since I can't eat or drink anything with caffeine, and that means no chocolate, and Oreos are chocolate on the outside -- I'm being discriminated against because there's no poll answer that addresses my disability.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2019, 12:42:00 PM »
I feel the poll is discriminatory. Because of my heart problems, I can't have any caffeine ... and chocolate has caffeine. A couple of years after my heart surgery I complained to the cardiologist that I really missed chocolate. I asked if I could tolerate any at all, and he said the only way to know would be to try it. So I ate a couple of Hershey's Kisses from the dish at work ... and two days later I was in the hospital for a cardioversion. Since I can't eat or drink anything with caffeine, and that means no chocolate, and Oreos are chocolate on the outside -- I'm being discriminated against because there's no poll answer that addresses my disability.

Fistful likes flaunting his cookie privileged.

Also, this is like the saddest thing I've ever heard, and I feel like I want to cry for you.  :'( I am now going to research caffeine free chocolate, because no one should suffer such a loss.

Edit: You can have white chocolate and there is something called Carob, that's supposed to be similar to chocolate, but not quite... But apparently no one has figured out how to make a caffeine free chocolate. They can make a meatless bacon but they can't make a caffeine free chocolate. The food industry has FAILED in it's priorities.

https://www.amazon.com/Carob-Cookbook-Those-Love-Chocolate/dp/0865341354/ref=sr_1_23?gclid=CjwKCAjw7O_pBRA3EiwA_lmtfuQLqwUaTEXdak4AUZewVjdB7J9sgkgVuRFUr11jzX_-XlXgwhgqmRoCLmgQAvD_BwE&hvadid=241652020022&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9008932&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=e&hvrand=10117818659150087934&hvtargid=kwd-6897478601&hydadcr=26610_9892136&keywords=carob&qid=1564246169&s=gateway&sr=8-23
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2019, 12:58:14 PM »

Wow. There is so little caffeine in two Hershey Kisses that that actually amazes me.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2019, 01:51:12 PM »
 There, there.  Terry's here.  It'll be all right.  Would you like a hot beverage?  Perhaps cocoa?

=D Sounds like either some kind of weird allergy, a coincidence, or something psychosomatic.  But after all, chocolate is poisonous to some organisms, like dogs.  Not that I'm saying what it sounds like I'm saying.:)

Terry, 230RN

REF:
https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/health/what-to-do-if-your-dog-ate-chocolate/

« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 02:09:16 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2019, 04:06:45 PM »
Now that they are made in Mexico, they just don't taste the same. :'( I get my fix from chocolate... eh - just about anything else chocolate. =D

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2019, 05:37:03 PM »

Edit: You can have white chocolate and there is something called Carob, that's supposed to be similar to chocolate, but not quite... But apparently no one has figured out how to make a caffeine free chocolate. They can make a meatless bacon but they can't make a caffeine free chocolate. The food industry has FAILED in it's priorities.

I know about white "chocolate." Just like meatless bacon, the concept strikes me as an oxymoron. Nonetheless, the shop at the VA hospital carries Kit-Kats and Reese's Cups in white chocolate, and I usually indulge when I'm there (which is more often than I would prefer). As for carob -- for awhile I tried to use carb-coated raisins as snacks, but carob isn't chocolate. I don't care what anybody says -- it ain't the same.

Darker chocolate is better. Unfortunately, the darker the chocolate the more caffeine it has in it. I can't think of a better example of a lose-lose situation.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2019, 10:38:31 PM »
There, there. Terry's  here.  It'll be allright.   
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.