Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption  (Read 14899 times)

Iain

• friend
Re: Red Dead Redemption
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2010, 06:12:40 PM »
It's probably the best single player I've played other than COD4 and Assassin's Creed 2, and is only the second of the Rockstar games I've bothered to finish.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2010, 07:28:30 PM »
I meant to say I might finish out the singleplayer this weekend.   :facepalm:
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2010, 08:01:16 PM »
ok I'll put my .02cents in.
I snagged a copy with our gamefly account.  I'll certainly be buying it when I can spare $50
I just finished the game last night after playing a few hours nearly everyday for the past couple weeks.
Definitely the best rockstar game ever made.   The story kept you interested and all the side games and challenges will keep the replay value alive.   I found myself fixated on the challenges after I completed Mexico. So before I played out the Blackwater stories I completed the hunting, survival and all the sharpshooter sans the final one.   
I am still unable to get the 6 enemy disarms without reloading or changing firearms.
I love taking out bears in tall trees with the Carcano Rifle
I did sort of cheat and use this video to help with the treasure hunting for all of them following the 3rd.  http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/05/26/red-dead-redemption-x360-red-dead-redemption-hidden-treasure-locations?objectid=14320288

Oh and a tip in case anyone didn't know but if you stop your horse directly over the carcass of a kill, dismount and skin you can skip over the gutting scene.  You can make cash quick with bears and buffalo using that method.
Also I found the campsite in your kit to be VITAL to playing the game without being put off by all the horseback riding.  You can travel to anywhere via a campsite as well as save anywhere.

Is anyone still playing?  If so I would enjoy meeting up for some coop play in mutliplayer
 PS3 user here gamertag: InfidelSerf
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2010, 08:54:20 PM »
if you watch amazon's goldbox and video game deal of the day, you can usually get PS3 and XBOX games for 15-30 bucks. ;) and this week there doing there BF thing. :laugh:

just don't do like me, and see a game you want coming up. then have to go do something you know is going to put you in a whole new level of pain. then get home to order it and not notice the box is green when you have the white box system. :facepalm: man i can be dumb sometimes. =|