Author Topic: Is this the end for Trump?  (Read 17747 times)

longeyes

• friend
Re: Is this the end for Trump?
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2016, 01:49:02 PM »
This is the election that won't stop on November 8.  We are going to "elect" our future in the days, weeks, and months AFTER this election regardless of who wins.  Things are that bad, and we are now in a phase of our history where "all is permissible."  America went south after Bill Clinton escaped conviction, and the New Political Morality was capped last July when the DOJ and FBI, dealing with the same wicked crew, abolished The Rule of Law in America.  Keep the faith.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2016, 02:53:11 PM »
I actually agree with what DeSelby said in his last post a couple posts back.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2016, 03:34:06 PM »
The United State has been remarkably stable, for a long time. 
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2016, 04:00:16 PM »
I laughed out loud this AM.  The MSM is apoplectic about Trump's X rated commentary about his conquistadorial womanizing powers from 10 years ago and using the word pussy to describe something other than speaking of the neighbor's kitty cat.   Chuck Todd is gravely shaking his head and stating that finally Trump has done it.  He is finished.  He should step down.  No woman is ever going to vote for him.  Everyone is horrified.  The GOPe is condemning Trump.  Oh woe, oh woe, o woe.   

The poor fluffy little manchild who just got promoted to the Today show might get fired because he, at the time, thought it was funny.  He's apologizing all over the place for not being horrified about it and saying something sooner.

I don't think any male who doesn't have a man bun, or many ordinary women haven't had commentary about the other sex in the same manner at one time or another.  Like the comments I've seen around and about on the innertube:  "I'm more concerned about what Hillary has done and will do than what Trump has said."
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2016, 04:35:47 PM »
I don't think any male who doesn't have a man bun, or many ordinary women haven't had commentary about the other sex in the same manner at one time or another.  Like the comments I've seen around and about on the innertube:  "I'm more concerned about what Hillary has done and will do than what Trump has said."

That's what I'm thinking. I'd actually like to hear Trump, or anyone accused of this "bad behavior" say, "Yeah, I did it. It's not politically correct. But please - glass houses".

I generally don't cuss or get crude. That doesn't mean I haven't. I defy anyone (women included) to step up and say they've never, not even once in their entire life, used crude language like that in (what was supposed to be) private. I'm pretty sure 99% of the population could not do so.

Too bad there's no secret recordings of the stuff Hillary likely said regarding the women Bill had his way with. I'm betting there's some salty language there.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2016, 11:21:15 PM »

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2016, 12:30:14 AM »

That's what I'm thinking. I'd actually like to hear Trump, or anyone accused of this "bad behavior" say, "Yeah, I did it. It's not politically correct. But please - glass houses".

I generally don't cuss or get crude. That doesn't mean I haven't. I defy anyone (women included) to step up and say they've never, not even once in their entire life, used crude language like that in (what was supposed to be) private. I'm pretty sure 99% of the population could not do so.

Too bad there's no secret recordings of the stuff Hillary likely said regarding the women Bill had his way with. I'm betting there's some salty language there.
There probably are videos of Hillary saying stuff just as bad.  There are eye witness accounts.  The news media doesn't care.

IMO, "what does it matter" is worse. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2016, 12:51:48 AM »
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2016, 06:42:58 AM »
There is a double-standard at work here.  We all know it exists.  This is the kiss of death for Trump's campaign because it will be reported far and wide by the MSM.  Despite the rise of alternative media and the Internet, most folks still put great stock in what the MSM reports.
Similar issues involving HRC, if they were even reported, would be but a minor bump in the road for her and her campaign.  Her MSM campaign arm would explain them away as being unimportant, of no consequence as there are greater issues that we must be concerned with.
Plus, Republicans have a very low tolerance for such things.  They eat their own whenever there is a problem of this nature.
This latest Trump debacle will add two or three more points to Clinton's margin of victory in November.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2016, 08:14:03 AM »
Still,

Spectrum:
----ME------------------TRUMP-------HILLARY--

Decision made.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2016, 10:02:11 AM »
There is a double-standard at work here.  We all know it exists.  This is the kiss of death for Trump's campaign because it will be reported far and wide by the MSM.  Despite the rise of alternative media and the Internet, most folks still put great stock in what the MSM reports.
Similar issues involving HRC, if they were even reported, would be but a minor bump in the road for her and her campaign.  Her MSM campaign arm would explain them away as being unimportant, of no consequence as there are greater issues that we must be concerned with.
Plus, Republicans have a very low tolerance for such things.  They eat their own whenever there is a problem of this nature.
This latest Trump debacle will add two or three more points to Clinton's margin of victory in November.
Do you see a therapist for your condition?  You are pretty consistent though.

=D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2016, 01:51:28 PM »
How many 60 year old men still talk like that? I can buy lots of guys talk that way a few times when they're kids, but as older adults? I'm no saint and I don't talk about women that way, not even to my buddies. the main defense from trump so far has been that "Bill Clinton's said worse to me in private." So what? He's an idiot, too--and you're pointing out you're pals with Bill! Is he proud of being Bill Clinton, only without the self control?

I know plenty of guys who talk like Trump does behind closed doors. I wouldn't want them to be president either.

This election cycle's shown that people are willing to overlook an incredible amount to vote party lines. We're screwed no matter who wins so it's a shame we didn't use this chance to elevate a third party.

America's best hope now is that Hillary wins (she will, by a landslide) and the RNC spends the next four years stonewalling the crap out of her so she can't get anything stupid done. The Koch brothers have the right idea--give up this election and put energy into the next congress critter cycle now. Don't embarrass the party even more by trying to support Trump.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2016, 02:13:58 PM »
Let's see:

1.)  Bill Clinton, still much beloved by many Americans:
      Accused of raping Juanita Broderick.
      You-know-what with Monica Lewinsky, leaving evidence on blue dress.
      Had unknown number of "bimbo eruptions,"  all quenched by Hillary & Co.
      Impeached but defended by vast wing of democrats many who repeat the
      claim "it doesn't rise to the level of impeachment."

2.)  Donald Trump, current republican wanna-be:
      Accused of sexually harassing women.
      has said some gnarly things about the ladies
      caught on 11 year old tape saying SUPERgnarly things about ladies.
      And he's a gross, uncouth S.O.B. who is unfit for high office and  the
      repukeagains pull support from him and abandon  him faster than
      bilge rats escaping from the R.M.S. Titanic while trumpeting the
      need to replace him on the ticket *NOW!!*

I could  learn to really hate and despise the politicians and spin-meisters, all the yapping minions of the media and their respective whores....the sheeple who follow them like zombies, without thought .....

Oh wait.

Nevermind.

I already have.   :facepalm:    Nevermind,  move along, nothing to see here..... >:D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

brimic

• friends
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2016, 03:16:41 PM »
Still,

Spectrum:
----ME------------------TRUMP-------HILLARY--

Decision made.

Pretty much sums it up for me too.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2016, 03:20:27 PM »
This is the election that won't stop on November 8.  We are going to "elect" our future in the days, weeks, and months AFTER this election regardless of who wins.  Things are that bad, and we are now in a phase of our history where "all is permissible."  America went south after Bill Clinton escaped conviction, and the New Political Morality was capped last July when the DOJ and FBI, dealing with the same wicked crew, abolished The Rule of Law in America.  Keep the faith.

Yes. Trump wins, the communists will up the ante with more riots, cop ambushes, and social disruption. If Hillary wins, it could mean civil war- that's if the Russians don't nuke us first.

Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2016, 03:24:58 PM »
One of the sets of dots that few people are connecting is that the audio came from billy bush, who is a member of the bush clan. This is/was an outright political hit performed by the GOPe.

Barack Obama

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2016, 03:44:10 PM »
Do you see a therapist for your condition?  You are pretty consistent though.

=D

Nah, I'm having too much fun being contrarian old coot.  Besides, I won't be disappointed Wednesday morning after the election.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2016, 04:00:21 PM »
Pretty much sums it up for me too.

It makes no difference that Hillary is worse.  Trump isn't going to win.   The election was lost when this evil sleaze got the nomination.  We all know Hillary and Bill are even worse but the media covers for them.  It was an act of pure stupidity for the primary voters in the Republican Party to nominate an incredibly unpopular scum ball with gutter morals and no principles.  Anyone who paid attention know Trump loves adultery.  He bragged about it in his autobiography.

The pathetic thing was we might have actually won this one if the voters hadn't picked the most hated (among general voters) candidate in the race!  I wish our candidate was Cruz, Walker or Perry, instead of this humiliating swine.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: Is this the end for Trump?
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2016, 04:29:52 PM »
It makes no difference that Hillary is worse.  Trump isn't going to win.   The election was lost when this evil sleaze got the nomination.  We all know Hillary and Bill are even worse but the media covers for them.  It was an act of pure stupidity for the primary voters in the Republican Party to nominate an incredibly unpopular scum ball with gutter morals and no principles.  Anyone who paid attention know Trump loves adultery.  He bragged about it in his autobiography.

The pathetic thing was we might have actually won this one if the voters hadn't picked the most hated (among general voters) candidate in the race!  I wish our candidate was Cruz, Walker or Perry, instead of this humiliating swine.
Yes, the "lose with dignity" plan of attack.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2016, 04:48:37 PM »

The pathetic thing was we might have actually won this one if the voters hadn't picked the most hated (among general voters) candidate in the race!  I wish our candidate was Cruz, Walker or Perry, instead of this humiliating swine.

One of them might have made the ticket if NBC had released this tape earlier to the same brouhaha then as it is being given now. They've had the thing for 11 years. They could have released it 11 years ago. They could have released it at the beginning of the Republican primaries. They could have released it three months ago. They chose to release it now. I'm slightly tinfoily in that Billy Bush was involved and all of the sudden we have GOPe "leaders" talking about Trump replacements less than a month out. Sounds like they want Hillary to win.

As to the strategy of letting Hillary win and then stonewalling her with a Republican majority until a "fit" Republican candidate can be put forth in the next election - didn't we already do that twice with Obama? All we have is a Republican congress that is consistently accused of being obstructionist and the party of "no" by mainstream America, while conservatives shake their fists at them for constantly caving in to the Dems and Obama.

I don't expect any different from a Republican majority during a Clinton presidency, and then at the end, the GOPe will once again tell us that we need a Jeb Bush clone to win on a platform of moderation, and not on what those Tea Party freedom nuts want.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2016, 05:22:15 PM »
. . . Sounds like they want Hillary to win . . .
I think the GOPe really does want HRC to win, if only out of spite - they want to teach those <expletive> primary voters that they damn well better vote for GOPe-approved candidates like JEB! . . . OR ELSE!
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2016, 05:30:44 PM »
Yes, the "lose with dignity" plan of attack.

Compromising every single principle you have to win isn't winning.

Nobody to blame for trump's loss but trump.

And the legions of mindless morons who somehow didn't see this coming
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2016, 05:39:51 PM »
Compromising every single principle you have to win isn't winning.

Nobody to blame for trump's loss but trump.

And the legions of mindless morons who somehow didn't see this coming

Don't get me wrong. Trump is a minefield, and it was only a matter of time before mines started going off. But we have to ask ourselves how he made it past a giant herd of GOP nominees in the first place.

Seventeen candidates, and whether it was poor candidates or dumb voters, Trump came out on top. Maybe if some of the more qualified candidates had been less worried about political correctness and not offending liberals, we would be in a different place right now. Oh well.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2016, 06:10:25 PM »
Don't get me wrong. Trump is a minefield, and it was only a matter of time before mines started going off. But we have to ask ourselves how he made it past a giant herd of GOP nominees in the first place.

Seventeen candidates, and whether it was poor candidates or dumb voters, Trump came out on top. Maybe if some of the more qualified candidates had been less worried about political correctness and not offending liberals, we would be in a different place right now. Oh well.

I'd weight more heavily on the dumb voter side myself. Combination of hubris and their desire to "stick it" to various people overriding their judgment.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2016, 06:38:24 PM »
I'd weight more heavily on the dumb voter side myself.

Not to be discounted, that's for sure. I think we had way too many people with a vote who viewed the primaries not as a part of choosing the next leader of the US, but as a reality TV competition. Outrageous and over the top usually wins in those.