Author Topic: Two dead at Muhammed art exhibit in Texas  (Read 25842 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Two dead at Muhammed art exhibit in Texas
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2015, 01:39:57 PM »
I respect the FBI more for 'doing nothing' than for 'doing something' if that 'something' is illegal or unconstitutional. Its still better to deal with real crimes than using shady people as an excuse to arrest, prosecute, or harass people for thought crimes or pre-crimes.  I can't give  such glowing reviews for other major federal law enforcement agencies.

What's more amusing is that the NSA demands access to our every email, tweet, and smoke signal. These guys laid out their plans on the social medium, and the NSA either didn't notice it, or didn't care.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2015, 01:46:07 PM »
Trade two of them for one minor leg wound? That's the sort of attrition that they cannot win.

Math is not their strong suit.

What's more amusing is that the NSA demands access to our every email, tweet, and smoke signal. These guys laid out their plans on the social medium, and the NSA either didn't notice it, or didn't care.

Indeed.  Almost as if their stated reasons are not the actual reasons they desire this power.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2015, 02:27:38 PM »

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re:
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2015, 02:55:08 PM »
Think it goes along with they're general martyrdom and symbolic win as part of a tactical defeat/blunder being fine and dandy philosophy.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2015, 03:04:25 PM »

Someone did do their homework though since there was so much security in place because of the information laid out on social medium.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2015, 03:20:09 PM »
It isn't so much about the fail as to the fact that they can hit us. :facepalm:

Which is more of the usual pattern of ISIS "growing" by any radical (Shia) muslims willing to engage in violence simply calling themselves "ISIS", than it is any actual ability of ISIS to visit an area, and set up operations. Whether ISIS is simply making claims, these two men "declared" themselves to be ISIS, or if they actually were some product of ISIS networking and outreach... we'll probably never get a clear answer. The current administrations vested ideological interest in downplaying militant islamic threats because it aligns with their broader aims of a third world vs. first world "leveling", and the MSM still carrying water for them, we won't get an honest accounting from the .gov either.

ISIS even kind of acknowledges it with the reference to "lone wolves" in their threats.

When the "branding" of ISIS starts to falter in popularity, or it fractures over disagreements of the finer points of whether a goat or an underage boy is more halal, it's going to vanish almost as quickly as it came into being, save maybe a pocket on the Iraq/Syria border where they actually did "form". The disparate groups across the ME and Africa won't disappear, but "ISIS" will.
I promise not to duck.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2015, 03:23:07 PM »
Today's ISIS is tomorrow's (insert radical group's name here).

There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2015, 03:32:47 PM »
Today's ISIS is tomorrow's (insert radical group's name here).

Heroin.

1980s
Crack is the new heroin

1990s
Meth is the new crack

2000s
Heroin is the new meth
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2015, 03:33:33 PM »
Keep in mind that the despotic political entities that killed millions over the last century all started small.  Some were expected to not amount to anything long term.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2015, 03:38:36 PM »
Looks like the FBI has been looking at one of the shooters for some time. Strange they outed there informant for such a minor charge.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/05/it-time-to-roll-suspected-texas-shooter-had-been-monitored-by-fbi-since-2006/

Must not have been a very good informant; give me 1,500 hours to chat with the Pope on tape and I'll get him to admit to something worthwhile.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2015, 04:20:10 PM »
It isn't so much about the fail as to the fact that they can hit us. :facepalm:

Are we going to live with that uncertainty or are we going to start arresting folks for what they might do?  (As i, do that more than we already do.)

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2015, 04:26:39 PM »
Would having more of these "Draw Mohammad" around the country with adequate security be considered hunting over bait?
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2015, 05:52:09 PM »
Would having more of these "Draw Mohammad" around the country with adequate security be considered hunting over bait?
Yeah, but is is like hog hunting in Texas.  Non-native species so normal game rules don't apply.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2015, 06:05:19 PM »
Yeah, but is is like hog hunting in Texas.  Non-native species so normal game rules don't apply.

Not hunting so much as pest control.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2015, 09:12:19 PM »
Not hunting so much as pest control.

They could franchise these out,  maybe get some professional art contest "guides".  The possibilities..  >:D
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2015, 09:53:11 PM »

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/host-draw-muhammad-contest-says-must-be-more-similar-events-n353546

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2015, 09:21:57 AM »
My favorite quote from this video:  "...these guys showed up because they were offended by something protected by the First Amendment and they were quickly introduced to the Second Amendment."  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2015, 09:35:44 AM »
My favorite quote from this video:  "...these guys showed up because they were offended by something protected by the First Amendment and they were quickly introduced to the Second Amendment."  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Funny but untrue.  Cops don't fall under the 2nd amendment.  And the 2nd wasn't in play as the patrons were unarmed.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2015, 01:34:33 PM »
Jamis, I thought the shooter was off-duty. If so, the Second would seem to apply.

Dana Loesh brings up an interesting point: Michael Moore says cops should be disarmed, and then a few days later, a cop shoots two trigger-happy terrorists. I guess Mr. Moore has been served.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2015, 02:22:06 PM »
Jamis, I thought the shooter was off-duty. If so, the Second would seem to apply.

Dana Loesh brings up an interesting point: Michael Moore says cops should be disarmed, and then a few days later, a cop shoots two trigger-happy terrorists. I guess Mr. Moore has been served.

LEOSA circumvents the 2nd. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2015, 02:50:48 PM »
This had ZERO to do with the 2nd Amendment. ZERO. I find it amusing that numerous below JV level attention whores are pushing this as a 2A victory. It's beyond laughable, we promote the 1ST amendment but...no CCW. That should be getting news play.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Re: Two dead at Muhammed art exhibit in Texas
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2015, 02:51:40 PM »
This had ZERO to do with the 2nd Amendment. ZERO. I find it amusing that numerous below JV level attention whores are pushing this as a 2A victory. It's beyond laughable, we promote the 1ST amendment but...no CCW. That should be getting news play.
But...Tejus!
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
Re: Re: Two dead at Muhammed art exhibit in Texas
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2015, 03:01:46 PM »
But...Tejus!

I know. Sometimes I'm ashamed and embarrassed by my home state.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2015, 03:55:01 PM »
I KNEW ELTON SIMPSON: MY JIHADIST FRIEND

I used to work with a guy from Sudan that the above article describes exactly. Quiet, soft-spoken, educated, but he wasn't afraid to tell you exactly how he felt and what he would do about certain situations.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama