Author Topic: Anyone dressing up for Halloween?  (Read 11741 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Anyone dressing up for Halloween?
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2008, 01:22:41 PM »
Hah!  I'll just wear my everyday outfit: boots, jeans, flannel shirt, vest, and six-gun.  :laugh:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2008, 01:30:30 PM »
Same character as every year.

A gruntled government employee.

Nobody ever guess what it is - guess they just never saw one before.  :angel:

If that does not float your boat, how about wearing this nametag:

PARTICIPANT
Federal Witness Protection Program
[/color][/size]

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2008, 01:33:22 PM »
News to me.

Well, you went as an animal, which is fine. But for your wife to go as something that animals eats...... Well, I'd think the implications would be obvious on that one.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2008, 02:01:50 PM »
Hah!  I'll just wear my everyday outfit: boots, jeans, flannel shirt, vest, and six-gun.  :laugh:

An extra in a low rent western movie?   =D

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2008, 03:26:37 PM »
I'm going as myself.

No costume can strike that much fear into people.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2008, 03:44:07 PM »
I'm going as myself.

No costume can strike that much fear into people.

Must...resist...comment... =D
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2008, 05:32:59 PM »
Well, you went as an animal, which is fine. But for your wife to go as something that animals eats...... Well, I'd think the implications would be obvious on that one.

Yes, I saw where you were going with it.

Our friends know that I call my wife "Yummyface," so they already know I find her good enough to eat.  But in a G-rated way, of course.

We were just thinking "Hey, monkeys love bananas."  It's a consequence of her teaching pre-school.   =)

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

erictank

• friends
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2008, 07:57:35 PM »
I'll be taking my 11-yo stepdaughter around trick-or-treating on Friday - her mom just got done making her a mermaid costume inspired by 'H20', a teenage-mermaid show on Disney that she loves.  I'm thinking I'll grab my Indy stuff for that, as it's easy to deal with and get back out of afterwards (I have to get up at 3 the next morning for work).

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2008, 08:12:02 PM »
Micheal Myers.  Mechanics jumpsuit, the good mask from party city (with the real hair thats been lightly brushed out so it's not like dreadlocks), gloves to hide the hands, and a cheapo kitchen knife thats been blunted stuck into the ground next to my chair.

I then sit real still with the candy bowl in my hands and scare the crap out of little kids.  "Hey is he rea.." *head tilt and deep noisy breath as the lean in for a closer look* "AHHHHHH Mommy!!!!!!" 

The somewhat sad in a way part is normally the parents are laughing their ass off...... 

This is of course to the older but still young enough to be scared by it kids.  Younger kids I take the mask off so I don't scare them.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2008, 09:03:50 PM »
Last year, the skatetard from next door came over, in costume, with his younger siblings. He got offended when he didn't get any candy.

"Hey, you're old enough to smoke a cigarette (he was...), you're too old to trick or treat."

Blog under construction

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2008, 10:21:46 PM »
No, I'll have my hands full dishing out candy.  Our neighborhood gets a lot of weeners.  A local church had a big party last year which seemed to cut the numbers down somewhat, but we sitll get over 50 or so.  My rule... no costume.... NO CANDY.  One year I gave out quarters... actually saved money that year. :)
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2008, 10:32:23 PM »
I then sit real still with the candy bowl in my hands and scare the crap out of little kids.  "Hey is he rea.." *head tilt and deep noisy breath as the lean in for a closer look* "AHHHHHH Mommy!!!!!!" 

This is of course to the older but still young enough to be scared by it kids.  Younger kids I take the mask off so I don't scare them.

I did that a couple of years ago, but as a non-threatening scare crow.  That way, I got to spook out all the kiddies, young and old. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2008, 10:34:01 PM »
. . . My rule... no costume.... NO CANDY. . .
I hope you appreciate the tricks from this night of trick or treating.  =D

One year Halloween was quite warm . . . so when one old bat decided not to pass out treats to kids with costumes she didn't like . . . we were able to catch a number of garter snakes and put them though her mail slot.

We followed up in Spring, too . . . and dropped in a note that tricks were all year 'round . . . and she'd never know when a snake would appear.  =D
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2008, 11:44:13 PM »
I had a work related halloween party that was on the same night as a friends wedding...
Since I would already be in a shirt and tie, I was considering just adding a noose dangling from my neck
and a sticker on my chest that read
"Lehmann Brothers executive"
But SWMBO came home from several weeks on the road that night. So I passed on the halloween party and opted for
some costume free quality time with her :angel:
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

mfree

• friend
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2008, 06:36:15 AM »
I think I'm going to dress up in a futon mattress and bedsheets.

Trouble with the costume is that it's too hard to move, so I suspect I won't get out of the bedroom :)

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2008, 07:25:54 AM »
Last year, I think, I went to the local Graingers and the little pudgy guy that works there was all in tights with curly toed shoes and had a blue face. I said, "OK, what are you?" He says, "An Oompa Loompa."

Ok, THAT was scary.  :laugh:
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2008, 11:29:06 AM »
Last year, I think, I went to the local Graingers and the little pudgy guy that works there was all in tights with curly toed shoes and had a blue face. I said, "OK, what are you?" He says, "An Oompa Loompa."

Ok, THAT was scary.  :laugh:

Did they sing?

erictank

• friends
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2008, 09:17:41 AM »
Last year, the skatetard from next door came over, in costume, with his younger siblings. He got offended when he didn't get any candy.

"Hey, you're old enough to smoke a cigarette (he was...), you're too old to trick or treat."

As far as I'm concerned, if they're wearing a costume, they can have some candy.  I don't care if the trick-or-treater is EIGHTY, if they're in a costume.

The teenagers who'll be coming by in t-shirts and jeans with pillowcases?  Well, they're going to be disappointed.

ctdonath

• friend
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2008, 09:59:48 AM »
Last year I just threw a sheet of cammo netting (the good military stuff) over myself and went as a bush. Was surprisingly effective! Freaked people out at work. In the evening, I crouched by the front door, waited for kids to knock, and threw lollypops at them thru the netting - scaring about half of them pretty well ("that bush is throwing things!"), and garnered a very satisfying "Best! Costume! Evar!" from one teen girl.

This year I'll probably reprise my version of "The Crow": a little touseled hair gel, white makeup, suitable application of black, and a long grungy leather jacket.
Now reading: The Unthinkable, The Age of Innocence
Recently read: 1491

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2008, 10:10:01 AM »
For the work costume, down on my luck 1850's gold prospector. Red union suit, boots, cowboy hat, 1851 Navy revolver in a belt holster (I'd sell my clothes before  I'd sell my shootin' iron), and gold pan with handwritten sign, "Will pan gold for food".

Anything to be able to walk around in public my underwear (with the hole in the back).  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2008, 10:12:10 AM »
This would win candy.

(TF2, if you don't play it.)

erictank

• friends
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2008, 11:10:01 AM »
This would win candy.

(TF2, if you don't play it.)

Guys, you can take the whole bowl.  I can get more.  Just wait a minute while I grab the camera.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2008, 11:11:55 AM »
I'll be handing out candy at my house and getting my boat rigged up for the last trip of the year on Saturday. About midnight I'll head out to go sleep in my truck at a local state park to wait in line for a deer tag.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2008, 12:01:09 PM »
Our friends know that I call my wife "Yummyface," so they already know I find her good enough to eat.

Ok, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.  =|

If I called my wife Snookie-Ookums, I'd get my bell rung by a roundhouse punch upside the head.

This Lutheran is dressing up as a second-shift manager tonight - same as every weekday night.  Maybe I'll nail something resembling the 95 Theses to the purgatory entry that is my office door...
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2008, 12:05:04 PM »
I'm going out as "middle aged dad of two girls".

Chris