Author Topic: Levis and Guns  (Read 5302 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Levis and Guns
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2016, 02:56:42 PM »
Got any stories about Carhartt coats?

First one I bought is going on 22 years old. It finally got to the "ratty" stage a few years ago, now relegated to "dirty work". They quit making that style. The replacement is a good coat but just not the same.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2016, 04:26:39 PM »
Wal-Mart also sells another brand (Rustler) that seems to be a store brand, and also sells for around $10 a pair. They fit me much better than Wranglers or Faded Glory,and they last me as long as I vaguely remember Levis lasting.

Rustler can be found at a number of outlets besides WallyWorld.  I've been buying them for years. Inexpensive and they hold up pretty well.

Rustler is a less expensive Wrangler made brand.   http://rustler.wrangler.com/
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2016, 04:53:22 PM »
But Rustlers fit like Levis, neither of which feel right to me. Wranglers fit. Biggest reason I haven't worn Levis in 40 years.
 As to Carhartts, Walls runs about the same styles, is well made & cheaper. Does anyone know anything about the Tractor Supply clothing house brand, C.E.Schmidt?