Author Topic: Shots fired on Capitol Hill  (Read 29180 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Re: Shots fired on Capitol Hill
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2013, 06:31:24 AM »
Looks like some of them are still going with "rammed" a barrier, but the front end of that car doesn't look like it rammed anything.

There is vidio of that

damn phone
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: Shots fired on Capitol Hill
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2013, 09:08:14 AM »
Waiting for the first politician to try and tie in her "mental state" or post-partum depression to Obamacare...  ;/
I promise not to duck.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2013, 10:39:17 AM »
I was wondering if she had a diabetic episode or something???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2013, 11:29:18 AM »
Or maybe she was just a bad driver.
"It's good, though..."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2013, 11:32:32 AM »

I read something that suggested post-partum depression.

I'm more than just a little confused why this turned into a shooting incident once her car was blocked between a barricade and a cop car  =(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2013, 11:33:32 AM »
Mah baby dint do nufin she was jus turnin her car around :'(
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2013, 11:35:34 AM »

I'm more than just a little confused why this turned into a shooting incident once her car was blocked between a barricade and a cop car  =(

the video might clear that up
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2013, 11:41:21 AM »
the video might clear that up

You want to point out a link to a good video that doesn't require registration?

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2013, 12:42:32 PM »

Because, oh, "nine-eleven!".  Or something.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2013, 12:50:09 PM »
http://tinyurl.com/ns6sez3

Several new reports point to possible motives for what caused a Connecticut woman to lead police on a car chase that ended in her death on Thursday.

"Law enforcement sources" told NBC News that Miriam Carey, 34, may have thought President Barack Obama was stalking her.

The sources also said Carey had a history of mental health issues. A law enforcement source told CNN that authorities found drugs at Carey's home used to treat schizophrenia and other mental disorders.

Couldn't she have just applied for a restraining order?  That way we might have been able to see his birth certificate - needed to prove which BHO it was that was stalking her.

She also quit her job over a disagreement with her employer about access to a handicapped parking spot.  I'm just not sure how not being able to walk 200 feet without stopping to rest or needing http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/pdf/med10.pdf is related to post-partum depression, but would be interested in finding out.  Just let me first get my 32-oz slurpee and  [popcorn].

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2013, 01:43:52 PM »

Me too.  She didn't have a gun, I doubt she had any other type of weapon.  Non-lethal force would have been preferable, regardless of how angry, scared, adrenaline-fueled, etc. the officers might have been.

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2013, 02:20:38 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/04/politics/u-s-capitol-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Looks like checking her apartment they found meds used to treat schizophrenia, bipolar, and depression. 
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2013, 02:30:26 PM »
I guess we need a law to keep crazy people from owning cars  ;/

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2013, 02:30:37 PM »
Me too.  She didn't have a gun, I doubt she had any other type of weapon.  Non-lethal force would have been preferable, regardless of how angry, scared, adrenaline-fueled, etc. the officers might have been.

At least they didn't shoot the baby ;)  "Sorry, I thought it was a dog..."
"It's good, though..."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2013, 04:19:03 PM »
DNA test on baby, STAT...

:laugh:
I promise not to duck.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2013, 05:11:42 PM »
There is vidio of that

Which video?  All that I've seen was a lot of aftermath, and one of her backing into a cop car after the incident was well underway.

If an Infiniti can "ram" anything and come away looking that good, I want three.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2013, 06:29:51 PM »
Which video?  All that I've seen was a lot of aftermath, and one of her backing into a cop car after the incident was well underway.

If an Infiniti can "ram" anything and come away looking that good, I want three.

That's where the Infinity rammed the Secret Service agent.  Lot of crumple for hitting someone on the leg.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2013, 06:51:49 PM »
And apparently the crazy just keeps coming.

Dude sets himself on fire on the Mall.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/man-sets-fire-national-mall-20476899

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

brimic

• friends
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2013, 09:13:27 PM »
Crazy is the fall back narrative when it can't be linked to 'angry racist TEA party shooter.'

I think the link below has at least as much truth to as the shinola being fed to us by the media:

http://zerogov.com/?p=3050

"That woman is not dead because anyone was in danger, she is dead because she allegedly endangered the men chasing her. Think about that for an hour. Police start and foment aggression for a living and the “War on Terror” has allowed them to become the rather overweight dominatrices they have always strived to be. Much like Stalin’s Russia and Hitler’s Germany, police behavior is the singular connective tissue that animates and gives life to tyranny."
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2013, 11:35:39 PM »
Crazy is the fall back narrative when it can't be linked to 'angry racist TEA party shooter.'

I think the link below has at least as much truth to as the shinola being fed to us by the media:

"That woman is not dead because anyone was in danger, she is dead because she allegedly endangered the men chasing her. Think about that for an hour. Police start and foment aggression for a living and the “War on Terror” has allowed them to become the rather overweight dominatrices they have always strived to be. Much like Stalin’s Russia and Hitler’s Germany, police behavior is the singular connective tissue that animates and gives life to tyranny."

I think the word he's looking for is "striven." And "dominators," unless "dominatrices" was supposed to be extra insulty.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2013, 12:04:35 AM »

so it's dead until proven innocent or insane???
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2013, 01:57:30 AM »
I think the word he's looking for is "striven." And "dominators," unless "dominatrices" was supposed to be extra insulty.

BZZZ!  Wrong!  "strived" is correct.

Your sheltered life has kept from you knowlege of the plural form of ladies in rubber with whips in their hands.  They are the "D" part od BDSM, and often also the "S" as well.

You could try Craigs List to find some in your town.

stay safe.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2013, 02:39:18 AM »

Your sheltered life has kept from you knowlege of the plural form of ladies in rubber with whips in their hands.  They are the "D" part od BDSM, and often also the "S" as well.

stay safe.

:rofl: :rofl:
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2013, 08:01:17 AM »

stay safe.

Er, I know the plural form of words ending in "ix," thank you.  =|
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

griz

• friend
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2013, 09:08:51 AM »

I kind of wondered about that.  Apparently the whole thing started when a guard closed a gate in front of her.  There are a bunch of different variations of "closed a gate", but one of the possibilities is of somebody who is lost instead of trying to crash through.  Add that to the fact that she drove over 360 degrees around a traffic circle and it seems that being a competent driver wasn't part of her master plan.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.