Author Topic: Shooting at Walmart in El Paso  (Read 4464 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Shooting at Walmart in El Paso
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2019, 04:34:50 PM »
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/goa-no-texan-should-have-to-choose-between-following-the-law-and-carrying-a-gun/

Rachel Malone is the Texas Director for Gun Owners of America.  I like how she frames this shooting in a way to support Constitutional Carry.  Turn the usual anti-gun arguments around. 
The barbaric attack in El Paso highlights the truth that Texas’ permitting system for gun carry harms minorities disproportionately, adding unnecessary barriers that do not increase safety but only decrease Texans’ ability to carry a firearm as an effective defense tool. Permit requirements do not keep criminals from committing despicable crimes; they only add barriers for law-abiding citizens who want to save their own lives.

Texas’ general ban on carrying handguns for self defense arose out of racism. The permitting system continues to propagate elitist attitudes. It’s time for us to finally get rid of all such racist laws that only hurt law-abiding, peaceful citizens.

No Texan should have to choose between following the law or carrying a handgun to save his life. No Texan should have to ask the government’s permission to carry a tool to protect herself and her child. Gun Owners of America stands for policies that increase safety without decreasing freedom.

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2019, 05:58:46 PM »
Trump's fault. If he hadn't built the concentration camps she wouldn't have had anything to blather about.

I'm sure she would find something
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #53 on: August 06, 2019, 06:13:21 PM »
I still figure that eventually it will come out that these are all lefty or an-com incels. Key word incels, but that's obvious from pictures.

All being, Wrong turn Clyde, the ICE failure, Gilroy, El Paso, and Dayton.

Now will we hear that?

I got no probs tying this to Trump. As long as Obama wears Sandy Hook, the left claims Gifford's and Scalise shooters and all these other whackadoodles. I'll hold my breath.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #54 on: August 06, 2019, 09:57:24 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4sH726MmiU

The AK Guy put out a video.  Makes a few good points I didn't see elsewhere.  Mainly, are guns the worst tools these wackos could choose?  Instead of something else like a truck, arson, explosives, etc?  Will getting rid of the guns stop these attacks or just make the wackos switch over to other tools? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #55 on: August 06, 2019, 10:59:59 PM »
The BBC educates us on the rates of fire of various firearms:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2019/08/06/how-is-this-real-bbc-news-publishes-chart-of-how-fast-weapons-can-fire-and-people-have-questions/

My favorite part is the "Colt Model 70" and accompanying graphic.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #56 on: August 06, 2019, 11:13:10 PM »
My favorite part is the "Colt Model 70" and accompanying graphic.
I assumed there was some old Colt handgun I didn't know about similar to some of the S&W 9mm handguns.  It didn't occur to me they could be referring to a Series 70 1911.  I guess for the people they are targeting with that graphic, they could have said Winchester model 70.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #58 on: August 08, 2019, 09:20:27 PM »
Armed Man Walks Into a Springfield, MO Walmart and Begins Filming Himself
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/armed-man-walks-into-a-springfield-mo-walmart-and-begins-filming-himself/

Either a left wing wacko trying to make a point or a right wing wacko doing the same. Either way this doesn't help one bit.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #59 on: August 08, 2019, 10:19:58 PM »
The store manager overreacted.  I can see calling police, but pulling the fire alarm could potentially lead to worse circumstances if the man actually was interested in shooting people. 

And he wasn't shooting people so acting like he was about to is a bit over the top.  The guy in El Paso started shooting in the parking lot.

-------------------
And now back to asking what sort of insensitive wacko this guy was.   =)

Also, how many firemen go around armed?  Not something I ever thought about.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2019, 10:23:32 PM »
The store manager overreacted.  I can see calling police, but pulling the fire alarm could potentially lead to worse circumstances if the man actually was interested in shooting people. 

And he wasn't shooting people so acting like he was about to is a bit over the top.  The guy in El Paso started shooting in the parking lot.

-------------------
And now back to asking what sort of insensitive wacko this guy was.   =)

Also, how many firemen go around armed?  Not something I ever thought about.

I guess you get shot at enough times you make the decision to go armed. I know quite a few Firefighters and EMT/Paramedics that wear vests. If nothing else it helps protect the chest when granny pulls in front of your rig and you smack into her 1998 Olds at 45 mph.

bob

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2019, 10:27:06 PM »
People are on edge right now and the leftists are looking for any excuse. The visuals on this aren't good for our cause right now.
Just because you can do something doesn't always mean you should.
Right or wrong, just my opinion
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2019, 10:32:16 PM »
Somebody needs the *expletive deleted*it kicked out of them for being *expletive deleted*ing stupid. OCing a rifle at Walmart or Starbucks on a normal day makes you look like a whacko at best, at times like these it makes you dumber than *expletive deleted*ing dirt.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!