Author Topic: Hey, Mabs: This girl is single. Give her a call.  (Read 14266 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
Re: Hey, Mabs: This girl is single. Give her a call.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 06:14:04 PM »
Too old.

And ugly.

And fat.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 06:35:53 PM »
Boo!   [ar15]

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 06:40:29 PM »
Too old.

And ugly.

And fat.

You set your standards far too high.  She's perfect for you.

Allow me to clarify your standards for you at this point, Mr. Scared of Girls.

When it comes to women, the only standard you should have is "breathing".  I don't see supermodels busting down your door and Potato Girl is about ready to just walk away unless to show that you are interested.  They like the chase.  It doesn't have to be a hot pursuit, but if you haven't asked her out even for a lousy cup of coffee or an ice cream cone, you need to turn in your man card and go get yourself neutered at the local vet and be done.  You only get one chance on this little green dirt ball, and you're *expletive deleted*ing it up. I don't know how I can say it anymore clearly  Don't live with regret.  Neither you nor she will die if she says "No.".

Or I will swing through VA on my way back in Oct and kick your ass so far up your shoulder blades you'll be tasting ahole for a month.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 06:55:34 PM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 06:51:08 PM »
Smokin' hot.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 08:34:59 PM »
In regards to Ms. Lewinsky, I have often thought that she could discover the cure for cancer, and her tombstone would still say something about a little blue dress.  Her whole life is likely going to be defined by that.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 09:06:26 PM »
If no one ever found out, you know most of you would.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 09:10:45 PM »
In regards to Ms. Lewinsky, I have often thought that she could discover the cure for cancer, and her tombstone would still say something about a little blue dress.  Her whole life is likely going to be defined by that.

The "...just one goat" problem.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 09:55:47 PM »
Too old.

And ugly.

And fat.

Hmmm...

On a different gun board, the poster I knew there who engaged in attention-seeking behaviors online, made jokes about being gay, and always found fault with any woman presented to him in real life, or even as just a thereoretical..

Oh, about two years ago now, he came out.

Just saying...  =)
I promise not to duck.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 11:51:32 PM »

Re setting one's standards too high.  Eh...  I'd argue that "settling" permanently with someone may be a bad idea.  Depending on the degree, obviously, no one is perfect and expecting perfection is just setting yourself up for failure.  But for dating, who cares?  You'll get some great war stories out of it. 

That said, I once got lucky and scored a chick that (to me) was damn near perfect.  By damn near, I mean it.  Beautiful, intelligent, funny, handy with handguns, loved books, had an interest in explosives, not bad at picking locks, liked outdoors stuff and enjoyed sharpy shiny objects.  It didn't work out.  So even if you do find the perfect lady, it's no key to enduring happiness.

Just bite the bullet and go for it.  Yea, you will face rejection and heartbreak.  That is also part of life.  The upsides far exceed the downsides. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 10:04:24 AM »
Re setting one's standards too high.  Eh...  I'd argue that "settling" permanently with someone may be a bad idea.  Depending on the degree, obviously, no one is perfect and expecting perfection is just setting yourself up for failure.  But for dating, who cares?  You'll get some great war stories out of it. 

As was once brilliantly said...

If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life
Never make a pretty women your wife
Go for my personal point of view
Get an ugly girl to marry you

(running awy quickly in case SWMBO finds this reply...)   >:D
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 10:40:40 AM »
Keep going guys. I'm developing a far better understanding of how men think. This could be useful if I ever again encounter a man worth dating.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

brimic

• friends
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2011, 11:16:12 AM »
Keep going guys. I'm developing a far better understanding of how men think.

There isn't that much to understand.

Young guys want a woman to show off to their peers- its pretty much a status thing.
Older guys (in general) have fewer self image problems and have a lot less tolerance for high maintenance.

When I was younger, I would be self- conscious about who I dated based on what I perceived what others would perceive of me.

Now, I wouldn't have such hangups, and in fact don't think Monica looks all that bad.
OTOH, she probably has a lot of self-image issues (the potential for crazy is high) which would make the situation a no-go for me.

Its all hypothetical anyway, as I'm married.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011, 11:55:31 AM »
Women scare me.

On the other hand, I had a hot date last night.

Apparently they don't scare me enough.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 12:03:37 PM »
Never one to have been totally hung up on looks.

Personality and maturity go a lot farther in my decisions.

Of course don't ask me to explain mistakes #1 and #2 when if comes to wives. :facepalm:

There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011, 12:26:39 PM »
Keep going guys. I'm developing a far better understanding of how men think. This could be useful if I ever again encounter a man worth dating.

Yeah but if they all listen to Chris, none of them would want you.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2011, 02:30:25 PM »
You set your standards far too high.  She's perfect for you.

Allow me to clarify your standards for you at this point, Mr. Scared of Girls.

When it comes to women, the only standard you should have is "breathing".  I don't see supermodels busting down your door and Potato Girl is about ready to just walk away unless to show that you are interested.  They like the chase.  It doesn't have to be a hot pursuit, but if you haven't asked her out even for a lousy cup of coffee or an ice cream cone, you need to turn in your man card and go get yourself neutered at the local vet and be done.  You only get one chance on this little green dirt ball, and you're *expletive deleted*ing it up. I don't know how I can say it anymore clearly  Don't live with regret.  Neither you nor she will die if she says "No.".

Or I will swing through VA on my way back in Oct and kick your ass so far up your shoulder blades you'll be tasting *expletive deleted* for a month.

Preach it brother.

This is serous stuff.

Scout wins today's innernetz
7-11 was a part time job.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 02:33:08 PM »
Honestly, I feel sorry for her.

She made a bad choice, but she was a young immature girl taken advantage of by an older, powerful man. (Yes, she chose her part. I'm not saying she was coerced, I'm saying she was young and stupid.)

For the rest of her life, she will be defined by that choice. No wonder she's lonely.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 02:53:30 PM »
Yeah but if they all listen to Chris, none of them would want you.

No, they will want her.  Just won't marry her.   :lol:

Dad always said to imagine yourself waking up in 20 years, rolling over, and seeing that person.  The looks won't be the same, but the person inside will be.  The question you ned to ask yourself...do you want to be there?  If yes, she's a keeper.  If there's any doubt, you're in it just for the looks, so have fun, but remember to move along.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2011, 04:40:00 PM »
Re setting one's standards too high.  Eh...  I'd argue that "settling" permanently with someone may be a bad idea.  Depending on the degree, obviously, no one is perfect and expecting perfection is just setting yourself up for failure.  But for dating, who cares?  You'll get some great war stories out of it.  

That said, I once got lucky and scored a chick that (to me) was damn near perfect.  By damn near, I mean it.  Beautiful, intelligent, funny, handy with handguns, loved books, had an interest in explosives, not bad at picking locks, liked outdoors stuff and enjoyed sharpy shiny objects.  It didn't work out.  So even if you do find the perfect lady, it's no key to enduring happiness.

Just bite the bullet and go for it.  Yea, you will face rejection and heartbreak.  That is also part of life.  The upsides far exceed the downsides.  

Preach it Rev.  

Mabs,

Dating is practice.  It's going on test-drives.  Dating is seeing if there's compatibility and "likes", It's more important to 'like" the other person then to love them.  You want to be around them.  And if it doesn't work out, as Rev stated, you will have learned.  Hopefully more about yourself and what you are looking for in a partner.  

But you will not know, will not learn unless you first ask someone to go out with you, even just to talk.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2011, 09:36:27 PM »
The looks won't be the same, but the person inside will be.

That's an interesting theory.
Charles Babbage

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2011, 11:22:55 PM »
That's an interesting theory.

And a theory you hope works out. If you think highly of someone to want to be there in 20 years you hope you are strong enough to be there with them when life changes them. Personal loss, hormones, lots of things really work hard on who someone is. You hope you picked out someone with enough strength of character to emerge mostly whole, but who knows.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2011, 11:53:27 PM »
The looks won't be the same, but the person inside will be.

Not necessarily. My wife and I have both changed substantially over the years. It's made for some interesting times.