Author Topic: Historical Photos, Continued...  (Read 3428 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Historical Photos, Continued...
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2015, 10:35:45 PM »
The US didn't have nerve gas at that time. Nerve agents were only discovered in Germany in the middle 1930s, and they didn't become know to the Allies until Germany surrendered.

Planners held out the possibility of using mustard, phosgene, chlorine, and hydrogen cyanide gasses in the invasion of Japan. Gasses were being stockpiled at forward bases in the Pacific when the atomic bomb was dropped.

What's not really common knowledge is that poison gas was stockpiled in Europe (England, and later, after the invasions, Italy and France), as a defensive measure against the Nazis using it. A Nazi air raid in Italy (I think) hit a US cargo ship in harbor and caused numerous casualties and some fatalities from the release of mustard gas.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Historical Photos, Continued...
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2015, 12:58:48 PM »
VIDEO US  PROPAGANDA FILM CHINA V JAPAN

Not Safe For Work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=85114404&v=H9yKqcs699k&x-yt-ts=1422579428

"WW2 - Japanese Invasion of China | The Second Sino-Japanese War | 1937-45 | World War II Documentary "

Long: 1:02:35.  

"Puff piece" on China for the first 6 minutes or so, then gets into the Japanese attacks on China in the second Sino-Japanese war.

The reversal of alliances in the years between the production of this movie and the present reminds me once again of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry convinces Elaine that the original title of Dostoevsky's "War and Peace" was "War, What Is It Good For?"

Some of it is what I call "drekumentary," where file footage from "wherever," accurately inserted or not, is included to accompany the narration.  Pick and choose as you will.

I note that the "Tanaka Memorial," is nowadays regarded as a fake, yet Japan seems to have followed this "fictional" protocol for conquest exactly... has there been a bit of revisionist history going on here because Japan is now an ally?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanaka_Memorial

I also note the terms "Jap" and "Nip" were politically correct for the time.  They are no longer politically correct.  Does this tell you something, too?

The Rape of Nanking (modern: Nanjing) begins about 18:35, goes on with "file footage" of bombing, then presents the "blood crazed" attack on Nanking.

But then, united by the Nanking episode, the Chinese "traded land for time" and moved its industry to the western provinces to re-arm itself.

Chennault's AVG (the American Volunteer Group, the "Flying Tigers") segment begins at ~42:40.

The Burma Road and "Flying the Hump" is also covered.

Et Cetera

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 01:06:38 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.