Author Topic: Soros buys reporters for NPR to do "enterprise reporting"  (Read 9103 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Soros buys reporters for NPR to do "enterprise reporting"
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2010, 05:31:22 PM »
and why are they so offended by people paying attention to what they're dooing in a PUBLIC place?

Because if they're not dooing in a restroom, it's unsanitary. ;)

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2010, 06:14:39 PM »
Well, if they act like Muslim nuts, treat them like Muslim nuts.

It is on them to conform to the American culture.  If they don't like it, they can go back to their dunghill country.

So in your view, people who wear religious garb in public are nuts? Do you apply this to other denominations as well?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2010, 07:36:25 PM »
Because if they're not dooing in a restroom, it's unsanitary. ;)
:laugh: i can't even type right any more. if i'ma be wrong this much, i might as well get married.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2010, 07:57:39 PM »
So in your view, people who wear religious garb in public are nuts? Do you apply this to other denominations as well?

IIRC, it was not so much what they were wearing, but also, what they were doing.

If we're going to be skewered for not being PC, it might as well be atleast be for what we really said rather than some slanted interpretation thereof... [tinfoil] [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2010, 10:33:12 AM »
On the religious garb/Juan Williams thing. First, never really thought much one way or the other about Williams, but his guest host of O'Reilly last night was beautiful. It's like he woke up one morning and found his testicular fortitude. He got fired for not toeing the party line of opinion. 

It is true that none of the 9/11 hijackers wore traditional muslim garb. They were told to blend in. Now, as a protected class, wearing of the muslim garb can be a valid tactic for evading security that is too concious of profiling. My most recent example was going to Busch Gardens on 9/11 of this year. I've been living in that area for 15 years. There is a muslim population, they are low key and moderate. You just don't see people walking down the street in hijab or burqa Also, a good number are not arabic, back in the day my wife tutored english to some of the sizeable Bosnian immigrant population. I've been to Busch Gardens a bunch too. Maybe seen one person there before with dress indicating islamic faith. Then I go there on 9/11 and the place is covered up with it, from modest head coverings all the way up to radical beard and his wife with the burqa with sunglasses over the top look. The sheer number of people I saw and the day makes me consider that there was some sort of coordination. I don't mean they are all terrorists or that it was a probe, but I would readily believe that there was a concerted effort to go there dressed up, get hassled by the ginormous amount of military families there that day then get on the nooz. Warfare has many forms.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2010, 02:33:35 PM »
If a pilot can be fired for speaking out and not confirming to the new normal, created by Muslims (extremists Muslims, but Muslims none the less). Then I have no problem agreeing with Mr Williams statement. None at all.

If one can reason the quote below from a thread on this forum about the pilot, then one can reason Muslims acting weird would scare folks.

http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=26625.msg519507#msg519507

To verify he's not carrying any weapons onto the plane for a hijacker.  They might have blackmailed him, have his family hostage, etc.  The weapon might not be for the plane he's on, so he'll do it to keep him or his family safe and the hijackers take down another plane.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2010, 02:44:34 PM »
On the religious garb/Juan Williams thing. First, never really thought much one way or the other about Williams, but his guest host of O'Reilly last night was beautiful. It's like he woke up one morning and found his testicular fortitude.

No, Juan Williams has displayed testicular fortitude for many years now. He's a journalist/analyst who doesn't just fit into a mold of mindless leftism or rightism. That's why, by firing him, NPR shot themselves in the foot.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5618023

http://www.amazon.com/Enough-Dead-End-Movements-Undermining-America/dp/0307338231

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304252704575155942054483252.html
Quote from: Juan Williams
Tea party activists are surprisingly mainstream when it comes to their grievances about politics. They fit right in with most American voters who tell pollsters the country has been headed in the wrong direction under both Presidents Bush and Obama.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife