Author Topic: Climate Change is Largest WMD Known to Man  (Read 2621 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Climate Change is Largest WMD Known to Man
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2014, 12:59:24 PM »
This, from our head of Diplomacy?

I'm ashamed.

There seems to be a fairly regular cycle of CO2 in the atmosphere going back about 400,000 years.  Although this is determined indirectly, there is no doubt about the cycle itself.  It sticks out like a sore thumb.

There are irregularities and significant departures within and between  each cycle, but there's little doubt that this cycling exists.

But from the fairly recent (200 years) of accurate measurements of global temperatures and CO2 content, we impute that the earth is warming and our political people go nuts, mandating things like compact fluorescent lamps and chanting the mantra about global warming.

This, from this very short sampling period... compared to 400,000 years.

Sorry, but I'm not about to panic over this so-called global warming from such a small, albeit accurate, sample.  I'm all for conservation, just on general principles, but I dislike it when the compact fluorescent light on my back porch, which I'm being mandated to use, doesn't turn on because it was below zero.

It's the sample size that troubles me.

Terry, 230RN

As an FYI: .6-.7C of the 1C increase since the turn of the century can be attributed to instrument observation bias.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

HankB

• friend
Re: Climate Change is Largest WMD Known to Man
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2014, 02:50:38 PM »
. . . But from the fairly recent (200 years) of accurate measurements of global temperatures and CO2 content, we impute that the earth is warming and our political people go nuts, mandating things like compact fluorescent lamps and chanting the mantra about global warming . . .  
Quite simply, they do it BECAUSE THERE IS MONEY TO BE MADE. Government grants to academics who contribute to leftist progressive causes. Manufacturers of CFL bulbs. Carbon credits - an imaginary product - that .gov can mandate businesses purchase for real money. And on and on and on.

The whole "manmade global warming" industry is a scam that makes Bernie Madoff's shenanigans look like the antics of a two-bit scam artist in a New York alley with a game of three card monte . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain