Author Topic: Hilarious blogspot posting about a breakup  (Read 4027 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Hilarious blogspot posting about a breakup
« on: August 30, 2009, 12:42:41 PM »
I just found this link:  http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1918771  Some NSFW language

My wife and I were laughing so hard that we were almost crying.  It details the story of a relationship breakup via email.  It has some profanity in text, but is otherwise safe for work or anything else.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 05:58:55 PM by JamisJockey »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
Re: Hilarious blogspot posting about a breakup
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 03:59:38 PM »
There is a fine line between passion and insanity...and this guys ex-girl friend drove a truck right over it into crazy.

Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 05:10:11 PM »
So she thought her boyfriend dumped her and wouldn't talk to her and she had no idea what had gone wrong.  How is her reaction unusual or funny in any way?  ???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 05:31:24 PM »
I guess I got the impression that as soon as she saw his mother, she realized he told her exactly where he would be.  Other than being a bit crazy, most might be forgiven except the stuff about sleeping with other guys.  :)

Can't you just buy temporary cell phones that work in Europe?  I am sort of surprised he didn't turn his phone on at all to make some calls. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 05:40:13 PM »
So she thought her boyfriend dumped her and wouldn't talk to her and she had no idea what had gone wrong.  How is her reaction unusual or funny in any way?  ???

Um, because she went
PSYCHO!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 05:51:59 PM »

Does it seem normal to you to think someone dumped you because you can't immediately reach them by phone, to disbelieve their friends and family telling you they're abroad,  to then immediately go sleeping with other people to hurt them [unless you have an open relationship of some form], and to insult them in various ways?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 05:52:27 PM »
She goes from "where are you" to "you're avoiding me on purpose" to "I'm sleeping with other guys" and "f*** you a**whole."
And she spelled that last word with a 'w'.

Another funny vid from that site:
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1917993

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 07:02:13 PM »
I do think it's pretty odd that she didn't seem to hear the "I'm going to Europe, goodbye" part.  Other than that, it's just what you expect from a chick who's been treated in the way she thought she was being treated.

She thought the guy had just ended the relationship without even bothering to tell her.  It's not surprising she got a little bit angry, then flipped out, then slept with some other dude on the rebound. 

And no, Micro, she didn't "immediately" freak out.  If she goes off the deep end after two days without any contact from her boyfriend, we can probably assume they talked more often than that.  She had his Mom's number, so I'm also going to guess the relationship was fairly settled, hence pretty important to her.  Then he "refuses" (in her mind) to answer any calls or emails for two or three days?  That would be a pretty big issue for most girls, I should think.  Maybe you're more accustomed to a long-distance relationship, where a few days without contact would not be unusual.  Or maybe it's just because (in my only romantic relationship) we are neither of us happy unless we see each other every day, and perhaps that colors my view of things. 

As for the email with all the misspellings, well, she was drunk.  Who'd a thunk? 

taurusowner

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 07:05:51 PM »
On the other hand, she did talk to one of his friends, who had told her he was gone.  Her "I MUST be right!" attitude made her dismiss the friend's info and speculate that the two guys must have been plotting against her.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2009, 09:23:16 PM »
Her going off the deep end was the best thing that happened to him all year.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 10:01:08 PM »
Her going off the deep end was the best thing that happened to him all year.

I agree, she has some growing up to do.

She jumped to conclusions with zero information and projected her own nuttiness and insecurities into the situation.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 12:50:37 AM »
That was fantastic, and a wonderful reminder of why I got divorced.  :lol:
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 02:25:38 AM »
There are a couple things here that make this "psycho":

1) he told her he was going to Europe. The day he left, she "invited him out with friends", demonstrating that she paid no attention to what he said

2) Ignoring when his friend reminded her about the trip (and claimed he was lying to cover)

3) Not making some attempt to contact the mother, who would (presumably) tell her the straight info

4) (the kicker for me) Expecting him to NOT read the previous emails, NOT find out about her infidelity, and go on with the romance.

Now, I'm fairly open-minded. And I'm used to Spoon not necessarily hearing what I say. But this one, the girl took it WAY out to the edge...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 01:16:09 PM »
I do think it's pretty odd that she didn't seem to hear the "I'm going to Europe, goodbye" part.  Other than that, it's just what you expect from a chick who's been treated in the way she thought she was being treated.

She thought the guy had just ended the relationship without even bothering to tell her.  It's not surprising she got a little bit angry, then flipped out, then slept with some other dude on the rebound. 

I italicized the point that should have made you realize this was outrageous.

IF she had cause to think she was being dumped, her behavior was not outrageous. That's the problem: her assumption she was dumping her.

If my wife, while we were dating, had her phone off and was unresponsive to emails, my first thought wouldn't be she's dumping me. My first thought would be "is she alright!?" I'd attempt to contact her friends and family, not flip out on all of them.

The PSYCHO part of this was that not only did she not listen to what he had told her, her IMMEDIATE reaction was that he was snubbing her. She made no assumption of good will on his part and made no effort to ascertain what was going on. She simply kept screaming at him (via email and, I can only assume, voicemail). Imagine that he were in an automobile accident and in a coma for two weeks- ANOTHER possibility if someone were to disappear for two weeks and you fail to leave a number with those who would have the best chance of knowing where he was (his mom).

The craziness is not what she did after making assumptions. The craziness was the assumptions that LED TO all of this.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 01:45:16 PM »
If my wife, while we were dating, had her phone off and was unresponsive to emails, my first thought wouldn't be she's dumping me. My first thought would be "is she alright!?"
That'd be my first notion, too. "Which hospital are you staying at?"

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 01:49:12 PM »
That'd be my first notion, too. "Which hospital are you staying at?"

You, that would be my first worry, if I couldn't contact SWMBO.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 01:51:03 PM »
IF she had cause to think she was being dumped, her behavior was not outrageous.

So. If someone breaks up a relationship with you, you proceed to insult them in myriads of ways for weeks of end?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2009, 02:01:24 PM »
So. If someone breaks up a relationship with you, you proceed to insult them in myriads of ways for weeks of end?

No. But I'm a normal well adjusted person. (Edited because while re-reading, I realized that well-adjusted people are not the norm.)

Outrageous:
4. a. Extremely unusual or unconventional; extraordinary

This was the definition I was using. I found it not remarkable that someone did something like that after being "dumped".

You, however, are likely using:
Outrageous:
1. a. Grossly offensive to decency or morality.
b. Being well beyond the bounds of good taste: outrageous epithets.
2. Having no regard for morality.
3. Violent or unrestrained in temperament or behavior.

In which case, you are quite correct.

I should have been more specific in my description as what she did was not unusual. It revealed her to be a terrible person, but as I know many terrible people, it's not an unusual condition. (Note I did not say I am friends with terrible people. I am aware of their existence, though.)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 02:29:27 PM by makattak »
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 05:45:29 PM »

Not necessarily, but bad break-ups are not unusual. 

I don't want to waste time watching that stupid power point representation again, but it seems some of you were not paying attention the first time 'round.  I don't recall anyone actually telling her that he was in Europe, until he was about to come home.  She did attempt to contact friends and family, but didn't get anywhere for a while.  When she did finally reach his mother, she immediately retracted all the nonsense.  Too late by then, of course.

Still not sure what is unusual about what she said or did, besides not listening to his announcements about his trip to Europe. 

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 06:01:15 PM »
She DID talk to at least one friend, who told her he was out of the country. She claimed he was lying, and that she "hear the boyfriend in the background"
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 06:09:32 PM »
Ummm, she didn't check hospitals, she didn't leave contact info for his mother or try to reach her many times, and she disbelieved his friend when he told her.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 06:49:01 PM »
Boy, does she have... issues.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2009, 08:56:10 PM »

I should have been more specific in my description as what she did was not unusual. It revealed her to be a terrible person, but as I know many terrible people, it's not an unusual condition.

Not necessarily a terrible person.

Just a psycho. Possibly even a very nice psycho.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

grampster

• friend
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2009, 09:45:00 PM »
Don't you guys have anything better to do? :laugh:  Epic fail thread. :laugh:
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2009, 10:43:50 PM »
Don't you guys have anything better to do?

I could answer the phone or email, but I think it's just my wife.  I just ignore her.   :laugh: