Main Forums > Politics

War in Eastern Europe, what's it good for ....

<< < (3/626) > >>

Ben:

--- Quote from: WLJ on January 18, 2022, 10:26:57 AM ---Russia has a smaller GDP than S. Korea. Let that sink in for a moment.

--- End quote ---

Smaller than a whole lot of countries:

https://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=65842.msg1335066#msg1335066

Ron:
My trust in our governments foreign policy is close to zero.

I don't trust Putin or Russia either.

Going to war over Ukraine would be flat out stupid and not in our best interests.

WLJ:
UK Sends A.T. Weapons to Ukraine as Russia Masses Forces
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqcS4RDADpM

230RN:
I'm talking culturally.  You guys got GDP on the brain.  Of course cultural similarity does not imply non-enemy status for ever 'n ever.  We had a lot in common with Germany, yet had to arm-wrestle them twice.  But at least there were the Christmas Truces.

I agree about the US' stability in this matter.  Looking at the line of succession, we're kinda stuck with self-righteous nincompoops until 2024 (2025).  Let's hope our midterms* put some brakes on the tomfoolery.

Terry

* On "proof:"

There is no proof without evidence.
There is no evidence without investigation.
There is no investigation without suspicion.
But suspicion without proof is paranoia.

They wrapped all that up in a nice little package,right?

WLJ:

--- Quote from: 230RN on January 18, 2022, 01:37:10 PM ---I'm talking culturally.  You guys got GDP on the brain.  Of course cultural similarities does not imply non-enemy status for ever 'n ever.  We had a lot in common with Germany, yet had to arm-wrestle them twice.

--- End quote ---

My GDP comment was unrelated to yours it just happened to have followed your post
Their military is way out of proportion to their GDP and I wonder how long can they sustain a prolonged war with that kind of GDP before the people back home say enough is enough.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version