Author Topic: Military-Grade Arsenal Found In Bloomington, MN Home  (Read 7340 times)

Phantom Warrior

• friend
Re: Military-Grade Arsenal Found In Bloomington, MN Home
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2007, 09:26:46 AM »
Here's another story, but similar, from the same part of the country, but a week older. What's going on in northern Minnesota?

Ahem.  For the record, the Twin Cities do not count as NORTHERN Minnesota.  Nothing south of St. Cloud really does. 

We now return to your regular thread.

-A REAL Northern Minnesotan

RJMcElwain

• friend
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2007, 10:22:09 AM »
Here's another story, but similar, from the same part of the country, but a week older. What's going on in northern Minnesota?

Ahem.  For the record, the Twin Cities do not count as NORTHERN Minnesota.  Nothing south of St. Cloud really does. 

We now return to your regular thread.

-A REAL Northern Minnesotan

My apologies.  smiley  And I should know better. I travel through that area every year.

Bob
Robert J. McElwain
Practical Libertarian

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." ~Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334 (C.J.Boyd, Ed., 1950)

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2007, 10:24:32 AM »
Why would you have floss after eating ice cream?  What kind of ice cream is this?  Smiley
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2007, 10:26:05 AM »
Here is a related question:  So they seized the guys firearms.  It would seem to me that they are the property of his business and he ought to be able to sell them to another dealer or auction them off.  The police shouldn't be able to destroy them.  Oh well.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

crt360

• friend
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2007, 11:25:13 AM »
Why would you have floss after eating ice cream?  What kind of ice cream is this?  Smiley
I was wondering the same thing.  Maybe broccoli and shredded beef?  cheesy
For entertainment purposes only.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2007, 11:30:36 AM »
Mech, well, ice cream usually has sugar in it, right?  (Except for the non-fat, no sugar stuff that I eat).    You floss your teeth so the filthy sugar does not rot your teeth.  Flossing keeps your gums healthy.

Healthy mouth=healthy heart.  http://www.perio.org/consumer/bacteria.htm

Yankee Hygenic Police=> police

police"We have a warrant to check your toothbrush and you bring you in for a court-ordered flossing." police
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2007, 11:35:47 AM »
I was wondering the same thing.  Maybe broccoli and shredded beef?  cheesy
Guys, guys, that's Minnesota.

Think lutefisk flavor . . .

(Minnesota . . . nice place . . . just got an email from a colleague in St. Paul . . . she tells me they're expecting another foot of snow up there. Currently it's sunny and 70 here in Austin.  grin)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Thor

• friend
  • US Navy (retired)
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2007, 05:30:35 AM »
An Update:

Subject of explosives probe left homeless, lawyer says

Terry L. Dahlen is a former licensed weapons maker whose Bloomington home was condemned after federal officials seized firearms this week, his attorney said.

By Chao Xiong, Star Tribune
A Bloomington man who was jailed then released after federal authorities confiscated several firearms and explosive materials from his house has been left homeless after the city condemned his house, according to his attorney.

Terry L. Dahlen, 60, and his wife are living with relatives after a city official said the couple have mice and too much clutter in their basement, garage and back yard, said attorney Joe Rymanowski.

"Normally they don't condemn for that," Rymanowski said. "They say, 'Clean it up.' " Rymanowski said the couple were given until March 8 to clean up the house.

Dahlen has not been charged with any crime and was released from jail Wednesday afternoon. He agreed to be named for this story.

The last few days have been rough, Rymanowski said.

Dahlen has "been reduced to tears," he said. "He's obviously terrified."

FBI agent Paul McCabe said only that the case is still under investigation. The state Bureau of Criminal of Apprehension and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) are part of the joint investigation into Dahlen.

Speaking on Dahlen's behalf, Rymanowski said his client is a gun and pyrotechnics hobbyist who used to be a licensed weapons manufacturer in the late 1980s and early 1990s. The materials and firearms seized by authorities are left over from the days he made firearms for sale to other hobbyists, Rymanowski said.

"None of it was illegal," he said. "He wasn't building a bomb. He wasn't threatening anybody."

Rymanowski said he's puzzled as to why federal authorities searched Dahlen's house, but added that they have been cooperative and professional.

"My question is: If he's such a menace to society, why didn't Hennepin County charge him?" his attorney said. "I think this is just another level of government harassment. People think gun collectors are nuts."

Federal authorities have not said why or for how long Dahlen has been investigated. The Bloomington and Minneapolis bomb squads were called out to his home Monday in the 1700 block of W. 84th Street. Authorities also searched a commercial retail building at 5200 47th Av. S. in Minneapolis on Tuesday that belongs to his wife, who runs a salon at the address. "Explosive materials" that required a bomb squad and the skills of military personnel also were found there.

Steve Bogdalek, assistant special agent in charge of the ATF, has said the materials found at both locations were not in danger of exploding.

Authorities have said they also found blasting caps and detonation cords at Dahlen's house. His attorney said he also had inert land mines that are sold as collectors' items and clocks in the shape of fake dynamite sticks.

Rymanowski said his client does not now have plans to take any legal action in response to the searches, condemnation of his house or arrest.

Chao Xiong " 612-673-4391 " cxiong@startribune.com

©2007 Star Tribune. All rights reserved.

http://www.startribune.com/467/story/1031883.html

Hmmmm, can we say "Jackbooted thugs" ??  There has been and is too much wrong with what I'm reading. His house is now "condemned" with no chance to clean it up??
" a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand." - Lucius Annaeus

for Military, Vets, & Supporters, check out:
USMILNET

Conservative Discussion Forum

doczinn

• friend
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2007, 06:06:24 AM »
does not now have plans to take any legal action in response to the searches, condemnation of his house or arrest.
Why the hell not?
D. R. ZINN

Thor

• friend
  • US Navy (retired)
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2007, 07:18:15 AM »
Doc, I dunno. Were I in that circumstance, I most certainly would consider it. He DOES have a lawyer. Perhaps the lawyer is investigating for possible recourse right now ??
" a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand." - Lucius Annaeus

for Military, Vets, & Supporters, check out:
USMILNET

Conservative Discussion Forum

crt360

• friend
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2007, 07:45:45 PM »
The city is condemning his house because he has clutter in his garage and basement?  sad And mice?  Do they investigate everyone that buys mousetraps?

Damn, that's a rather intrusive city - reminds me why I became a lawyer.

Fistful didn't make this up, did he?
For entertainment purposes only.