Author Topic: SOTU  (Read 3844 times)

SADShooter

• friend
Re: SOTU
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2015, 04:15:27 PM »
That's a wheelbarrow. Not a nutshell.

Metaphorical quibbles aside, charby's illustration is certainly more appropriate with respect to volume of understood content.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2015, 04:17:05 PM »

Hey Joe.  Let me show you my chocolate factory. 

The SOTU speech in a nutshell:

The Free Stuff Army Cavalry Corps.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2015, 04:21:34 PM »
FSACC? Sounds right.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2015, 04:34:25 PM »
The first big national speech you have is not the time to be trotting out homey little tidbits that the majority of the people yo0u're addressing won't understand.

Did you ever think that is the people that they are trying to reach? Joni was picked for a reason over many other Senators or Representatives, not sure of the reason but it wasn't random.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2015, 10:40:11 AM »
So I mentioned the bathub cereal eater earlier, but Rob Lowe brings up a good point here. Also, question: does anyone know if the whole "I don't meet world leaders before their elections" is true? Has this been the policy of all modern presidents? Because if it has been, I would have figured I'd have seen a stink about it being made by liberals when Bush was in. I don't recall Bush doing it, nor do  I recall Obama using it as an excuse in the past with other world leaders. He really seems to dislike Israel.

http://twitchy.com/2015/01/23/obamas-doing-what-rob-lowe-seeks-clarification-that-this-is-real-life/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2015, 11:53:21 AM »
Did you ever think that is the people that they are trying to reach? Joni was picked for a reason over many other Senators or Representatives, not sure of the reason but it wasn't random.

I'm gonna go with sheer incompetence as the reason.

Like I said, I didn't see it. I just heard a bunch of R voters on a gun forum saying how horrible she did.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2015, 01:22:05 PM »
I just heard a bunch of R voters on a gun forum saying how horrible she did.

Probably because she didn't beat her chest and scream "guns! guns! guns!, gays are going to burn in hell after we imprison them first and we are going to nuke the abortion clinics".

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2015, 02:06:25 PM »
Probably because she didn't beat her chest and scream "guns! guns! guns!, gays are going to burn in hell after we imprison them first and we are going to nuke the abortion clinics".

;/
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2015, 03:00:17 PM »
;/
You may not agree with his semantics, but I run into some people who would seem to want leaders that mouth off on all sorts of topics. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2015, 05:26:56 PM »
Also, question: does anyone know if the whole "I don't meet world leaders before their elections" is true? Has this been the policy of all modern presidents? Because if it has been, I would have figured I'd have seen a stink about it being made by liberals when Bush was in. I don't recall Bush doing it, nor do  I recall Obama using it as an excuse in the past with other world leaders. He really seems to dislike Israel.

This.

Remember Obama is very much an "Anti-Colonialist".  And he sees Israel as a colonizer of "Palestine".   There's probably (quite) a bit of antisemitism mixed in also.  But if Israel was wiped off the map, he would not shed a tear.   He only mouths the platitudes of "Israel's our ally, yada, yada, yada."

He's snubbing Netanyahu for a variety of reasons.

1.  The aforementioned dislike of Israel.
2.  He hates Bibi on personal level, they've traded 'insults before.
3.  The Congressional R's are showing the think Obama's foreign policy sucks ass. (Not that they are wrong
4.  It would be like the neighbor you hate, inviting the guy from work you really hate, over to his house for a giant blowout BBQ/party, and not inviting you.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.