Author Topic: LEO kills five in WI  (Read 3324 times)

cosine

• Administrator
LEO kills five in WI
« on: October 07, 2007, 11:11:25 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071007/ap_on_re_us/wisconsin_shooting

Quote from: AP
Rampage leaves 5 dead in Wisconsin

By ROBERT IMRIE, Associated Press Writer 10 minutes ago

A local law enforcement employee went on a shooting rampage early Sunday in remote northern Wisconsin, killing at least five people, authorities said.

Crandon Police Chief John Dennee, speaking outside the police department about two blocks from the shooting site, would not say whether the suspect was dead. But he said: "We're not looking for anybody anymore."

Dennee would not confirm details about the shooting, but a dispatcher for the State Patrol who declined to give his full name as a matter of department practice said the suspect is an employee of the Forest County Sheriff's Department and a part-time officer for the Crandon Police Department.

Several State Patrol officers went to Forest County to help investigators, the dispatcher said.

"It's a pretty tragic situation here," said County Supervisor Tom Vollmar, who lives just outside Crandon, a city of about 2,000 people. "There are five or six people dead."

The State Patrol and the Crandon Fire Department detoured a steady stream of traffic from two blocks of U.S. Highway 8 in the downtown area. Some residents stood in nearby front yards.

The northeast Wisconsin town is about 225 miles north of Milwaukee. The area is known for logging, and fishing, hunting and snowmobiling.
Andy

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: LEO kills five in WI
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 11:45:50 AM »
Only the police should have guns. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 12:07:13 PM »
[shrill little puke voice]

I demand that all LEOs be summarily disarmed! That will all make us safer from such wanton acts of violence!

[/shrill little puke voice]

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 12:32:06 PM »
But aren't the police supposed to serve and protect?
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 12:36:44 PM »
Some still do.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime_file/2007/10/07/2007-10-07_woman_fights_for_life_after_psycho_goes_.html

A shirtless madman wielding stolen knives went on a bloody midtown rampage yesterday - stabbing a restaurant worker and a psychologist walking her dog before being shot by an off-duty cop, authorities said.

"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 12:41:22 PM »
Some still do.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime_file/2007/10/07/2007-10-07_woman_fights_for_life_after_psycho_goes_.html

A shirtless madman wielding stolen knives went on a bloody midtown rampage yesterday - stabbing a restaurant worker and a psychologist walking her dog before being shot by an off-duty cop, authorities said.

Ah.  Good news for once.
Need more of it. Sad
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 10:17:58 PM »
Some still do.

Ah.  Good news for once.
Need more of it. Sad

The thing is, if there wasn't an off-duty cop...the rest of the law-abiding population of NYC is completely unarmed.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 01:36:52 AM »
Don't worry, there's always an off duty cop around when you need one!  rolleyes
Avoid cliches like the plague!

DJJ

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 05:00:43 AM »
It's a good thing Wisconsin doesn't allow CCW. Somebody might have gotten hurt.

jeepmor

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 06:43:18 AM »
Don't worry, there's always an off duty cop around when you need one!

And an armed thug knocked on his door is Scappoose, Oreong last week and got himself dead.  It was a retired officer or off duty officer, not sure which. Anyway, the guy was going door to door robbing homes, and found the wrong one.  There are officers out there doing their job, sometimes the job comes to them.  I won't hijack this thread with that, but I'm glad this guy met the resistance he needed.  I suspect we have yet another spike in CCW applicants in Washington county.

I think this is an example illustrating that 20 is too young an age to be a cop.  No offense to any LEO's, but damn, that is a bit young in my opinion to undertake that job.

jeepmor
We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.

"Oh, so now you're saying they don't have a right to whine about their First Amendment rights?  Fascist."  -fistul

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 08:10:35 PM »
As regards the WI murders, the guy went out and got his AR and came back in with it.

Peterson was a member of the Forest County Sheriff's SWAT team, Dennee said. The AR-15 rifle Peterson used was the weapon that its officers carry.

So Wisconsin hires SWAT members with no psych eval, it was revealed.

Paddy

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 08:13:06 PM »
How can a 20 year old be a LEO?  Something is wrong in Wisconsin. (of course, as a Californian, I've known that for a long time.)

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 08:13:24 PM »
Not just a LEO. He was SWAT, too!

Paddy

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 08:24:01 PM »
 I was attacked by some dirtbags with Wisconsin plates on a backroad in Colorado in 1977.  I lost a Walther PPK/s as a result. I had it in my back pocket when the CO (whatever LEO) showed up. It cost me a couple of grand to a shyster CO lawyer.

{Edited to remove smarmy, angry comment}

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2007, 08:35:19 PM »
Wisconsin sucks as far as I'm concerned.  They can blow me.  I was attacked by some dirtbags with Wisconsin plates on a backroad in Colorado in 1977.  I lost a Walther PPK/s as a result. I had it in my back pocket when the CO (whatever LEO) showed up. It cost me a couple of grand to a shyster CO lawyer.

Both Wisconsin and CO can stick up their ass.  I'm in CA.  Come git me, rubes.  laugh

At least you aren't bitter.  grin
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 08:43:07 PM »
Both Wisconsin and CO can stick up their ass.  I'm in CA.  Come git me, rubes.

Darn tootin, California--where our elected officials respect our privacy.  rolleyes
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 08:44:09 PM »
Wisconsin sucks as far as I'm concerned.  They can blow me.  I was attacked by some dirtbags with Wisconsin plates on a backroad in Colorado in 1977.  I lost a Walther PPK/s as a result. I had it in my back pocket when the CO (whatever LEO) showed up. It cost me a couple of grand to a shyster CO lawyer.

Both Wisconsin and CO can stick up their ass.  I'm in CA.  Come git me, rubes.  

Yeah, because all us Wisconsinites want a piece of Riley's smarmy ass.   rolleyes
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Paddy

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 08:53:15 PM »
Yeah, because all us Wisconsinites want a piece of Riley's smarmy ass. 

Yah, sure dontcha know. Sorry (is a badger a rodent?), but the statute of limitiations has long expired.  What can I say?  "Eat my cheese"  laugh

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2007, 09:20:11 PM »
Yeah, because all us Wisconsinites want a piece of Riley's smarmy ass. 

Yah, sure dontcha know. Sorry (is a badger a rodent?), but the statute of limitiations has long expired.  What can I say?  "Eat my cheese"  laugh

Badgers are mustelids, like wolverines, otters, weasels, fishers and ferrets (but not mongooses or meerkats).

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2007, 05:44:52 AM »
It turns out the trigger for the rampage was rejection by an ex gf who was at the party.  Oh, and after that they gathered around and ridiculed the guy.  After the shooting he went to a friends house and gave a phonecall confession to the sherriff. 
"CRANDON, Wis. (Oct. Cool - A young sheriff's deputy who opened fire on a pizza party and killed six people reportedly flew into a rage when he was rebuffed by his old girlfriend, and others at the gathering called him a "worthless pig." "
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2007, 06:11:53 AM »
I can't stand CNN.
Heard this morning:  The man shot people with a police style rifle, but we don't know for sure whether it was a police rifle.
>_<

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2007, 06:16:08 AM »
I stopped watching CommieNN a long time ago. It was only recently they were stopped from doing a hit piece on a machine gun shoot at a local range by the owner telling them that no journalists and no pictures were allowed.

Len Budney

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2007, 06:16:42 AM »
Badgers are mustelids, like wolverines, otters, weasels, fishers and ferrets (but not mongooses or meerkats).

The heck you say. Mongooses is Indian weasels.

--Len.
In a cannibal society, vegetarians arouse suspicion.

Paddy

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2007, 06:53:17 AM »
I apologize for my nasty comment.  Just because I get ticked off every time I think of that situation is no justification to lash out at someone who had no involvement.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2007, 08:17:57 AM »
I can't stand CNN.
Heard this morning:  The man shot people with a police style rifle, but we don't know for sure whether it was a police rifle.
>_<

They're just parroting what was said in the press conference yesterday. The press asked if the rifle was owned by Crandon or Forest County, and they either didn't know or didn't want to say.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?