Author Topic: Master Troll: George Zimmerman  (Read 10084 times)

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: Master Troll: George Zimmerman
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2016, 07:26:02 PM »
To what?  Were I in hte bitty pocket 9mm market, I am thinking SIG P938 would br my choice.

XDS 9mm.  
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 04:15:08 PM by adively »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2016, 07:43:01 PM »
My PF9 was unreliable at first.  I finally sent it back to Keltec.  It is now 100% reliable, but the trigger really sucks and the gun is so light it makes 9mm recoil seem harsh.  I don't like shooting it.  I would try the Ruger version or some other design over the Keltec if I was buying a small 9mm again. 

There are probably better venues to sell that pistol than gunbroker. 

Mine would have a light strike failure-to-fire every hundred rounds or so. Any ammo, factory or handloads.  KT replaced a bunch of stuff, which resolved the light strike problem.  But, recoil seemed much harsher.  It wasn't terribly fun to shoot. 
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2016, 07:46:01 PM »
My Kel-Tec P11 was rock solid with one exception and that was a broken ejector, which was mailed right out to me for free and was probably broken due to me smacking an aftermarket mag firmly in the gun and it making contact with it. Other than that, never a hiccup.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2016, 09:14:03 PM »
Email from a friend today on the topic:
 "I hear it gives the user -3 Luck, -3 Speech, and -1 Dexterity but a huge boost to your damage modifier."

-3 speech? Zimmerman talked to the cops. A lot. A lot lot. And it worked.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2016, 02:43:45 AM »
The man's an idiot who should've taken the advice to move out of FL to somewhere he could be anonymous and just keep a low profile until people forgot about him.  But, as mentioned, he's an idiot, and is only doing what comes naturally to idiots.

He was justified in TM shooting.  I'm glad that justice prevailed.  I just wish he'd hide under a rock for a decade.
Formerly sumpnz

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2016, 02:50:58 AM »
The man's an idiot who should've taken the advice to move out of FL to somewhere he could be anonymous and just keep a low profile until people forgot about him.  But, as mentioned, he's an idiot, and is only doing what comes naturally to idiots.

He was justified in TM shooting.  I'm glad that justice prevailed.  I just wish he'd hide under a rock for a decade.

Whereas everyone on APS says the above every time His White Hispanicalness is mentioned, I move that it be the mandated boilerplate language that begins every new thread concerning George Zimmerman, so we can get it out of the way.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2016, 09:30:02 AM »

I'm sure that is a legitimate bid.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2016, 09:37:20 AM »
Heard on the news today that the second auction was pulled.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2016, 11:45:25 AM »
Mas Ayoob has a 20 part blog that is very interesting with respect to the Martin situation.  Mas was in the know about what actually happened.  It is a very informative series.

Do you by any chance have a link to it? I wasn't aware of such behind-the-scenes shenanigans.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2016, 11:54:40 AM »

We see stories of idiots defending themselves or trying to all the time.  We usually condemn the stupid behavior.  However, I think people get too defensive and feel that if they don't condemn Zimmerman as an idiot then others will think they agree with 100% of what he does.  It isn't true and you shouldn't feel you have to justify yourself by condemning Zimmerman every time his name comes up.  IMO, it is a symptom of the defensiveness that anti-gun arguments push us into. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2016, 12:47:22 PM »
yesterday, the local lefty ABC TV station ran a big story on the auction.  They showed Trayvon, of course, as a cuddly little boy, and picked the worst picture of George that they could come up with.
He could probably have sold the pistol, privately, for big bucks, but chose to put it out in the open.  Stupid or gutsy?  Not sure, but he certainly is a lightning rod for opprobriation.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2016, 12:59:13 PM »
We see stories of idiots defending themselves or trying to all the time.  We usually condemn the stupid behavior.  However, I think people get too defensive and feel that if they don't condemn Zimmerman as an idiot then others will think they agree with 100% of what he does.  It isn't true and you shouldn't feel you have to justify yourself by condemning Zimmerman every time his name comes up.  IMO, it is a symptom of the defensiveness that anti-gun arguments push us into. 

I certainly don't feel that I have to "justify myself" by condemning Zimmerman whenever his name comes up. On the other hand, I have for many years been one who recognizes the foibles of humanity (sometimes, but not always, including myself). I don't see people "condemning" George Zimmerman out of any reverse knee-jerk desire to distance themselves from him in the eyes of the anti-gun activists. I see people who look at the myriad acts of inexplicable stupidity perpetrated by Zimmerman and who ... comment that Zimmerman seems to specialize in serial acts of inexplicable stupidity.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2016, 01:04:35 PM »
I certainly don't feel that I have to "justify myself" by condemning Zimmerman whenever his name comes up. On the other hand, I have for many years been one who recognizes the foibles of humanity (sometimes, but not always, including myself). I don't see people "condemning" George Zimmerman out of any reverse knee-jerk desire to distance themselves from him in the eyes of the anti-gun activists. I see people who look at the myriad acts of inexplicable stupidity perpetrated by Zimmerman and who ... comment that Zimmerman seems to specialize in serial acts of inexplicable stupidity.

I see far more knee jerk "But he was innocent!" defenses of Zimmerman from the gun community than I do the opposite. But whether or not he acted legally that night (and he certainly did) has no bearing on whether or not he's a raging ahole (which he is). Like it or not he is or is being made to be a face of the self defense / CCW culture and his beclowning himself only makes us look bad. If Trigglypuff had been shouting down a La Raza open borders meeting I'd be reflexively condemning her for being on my side and making us look like idiots.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

cambeul41

• friend
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2016, 04:08:29 PM »
?It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.?
?Thomas Sowell

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2016, 04:57:00 PM »
That is an excellent read!

It really is. He should expand that into a book, if he hasn't already.

I'd heard people claim that Z was at fault for having a loaded chamber, or for not being beat up enough to use deadly force, but I didn't know that the prosecution had actually brought those things up in court. Amazing.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2016, 05:37:23 PM »

It really is. He should expand that into a book, if he hasn't already.

I'd heard people claim that Z was at fault for having a loaded chamber, or for not being beat up enough to use deadly force, but I didn't know that the prosecution had actually brought those things up in court. Amazing.

Yes, excellent read- I learned quite a bit that I didn't already know about the Zimmerman case.

For anyone who hasn't read this yet, do yourself a favor and order a copy and read it cover to cover.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Law-Self-Defense-Edition/dp/1943809143/ref=dp_ob_title_bk
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2016, 09:24:34 PM »
Yet another in a series of lifelong dramas. 

Zimmerman lucked out on two counts: 1st and foremost, he killed the only other witness to the start of the confrontation.

2nd, he wasn't charged with causing death through criminal stupidity, he was charged with depraved heart murder.  There was not a shred of evidence aired to support that charge. 

Criminal stupidity was tossed in at the end of the prosecutions case as an afterthought, a move so bizarre I'm sure our merry magistrate will be along to remark about how astounding it was to him.

The problem with his example isn't ant-gunners; it's the inspiration for would be junior detectives to run around their neighbourhoods playing cops but with real guns.  That's dangerous to everyone.  I don't expect to be answering to people who flash their concealed carry badges or shout "neighbourhood watch!", and I certainly don't want them "protecting" me with firearms.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2016, 09:50:04 AM »
^
The problem with his example isn't ant-gunners; it's the inspiration for would be junior detectives to run around their neighbourhoods playing cops but with real guns.  That's dangerous to everyone.  I don't expect to be answering to people who flash their concealed carry badges or shout "neighbourhood watch!", and I certainly don't want them "protecting" me with firearms.

That's rather stretching things. I think.  To what sociological end, I can't imagine, but to me, a clew to your position is your spelling of "neighbourhood."

Besides, the outcome of GZ's activities was decidedly negative for him with the possibility of a long gaol sentence, so I don't see how that could possibly be an encouragement to others

One of our managers (now retired) used to patrol around the buildings on foot occasionally with an SAA strapped on.  No badge, no uniform, just him in mufti.  This was quite before CCW became legal.  I, myself, took some comfort in that even though I was/am pretty well protected.  

Mayhaps it depends on one's neighbourhood.  Colorado is an open carry state, and we're quite out in the moors with occasional sharp-toothed animals roaming around, so perhaps I'm off base here and it's not cricket where you're from.

Terry
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 10:13:52 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2016, 10:11:45 AM »
The problem with his example isn't ant-gunners; it's the inspiration for would be junior detectives to run around their neighbourhoods playing cops but with real guns.  That's dangerous to everyone.  I don't expect to be answering to people who flash their concealed carry badges or shout "neighbourhood watch!", and I certainly don't want them "protecting" me with firearms.

Just to stir the pot a little, I have to point out that had Trayvon walked home, he would not have had to answer to anyone.  GZ never stopped him, or in fact initiated any contact at all.  TRAYVON turned around initiated contact and expected GZ to answer to him.  So even if going to trial, being destroyed in the national media, losing your job, home, and SO somehow encourages someone to emulate his behavior, you still wouldn't be answering to them.

he wasn't charged with causing death through criminal stupidity, he was charged with depraved heart murder. There was not a shred of evidence aired to support that charge.

[raises eyebrows] Well, isn't that a change from your earlier positions.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2016, 10:38:01 AM »
In fact, all neighborhood watch programs that are organized through or with the blessing of the local police department have in common that they are observers ONLY. They are instructed to do nothing but observe and report -- they are not deputies or special constables or anything of the sort. They are not supposed to confront and interrogate suspicious characters, they are supposed to call the cops.

Which is what Zimmerman did.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2016, 11:33:38 AM »
The irony is living in the 21st century when SJWs insert their outrage into, well, everything.   Their outrage seems to want to justify evil, bad behavior, lousy literature, art, music and depraved culture.  It's hard to respect people who seem to find fault with everything except the low end of the Dark Side.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2016, 01:12:10 PM »
Hell, I am one of the people who remain in the "Zimmerman was a dumbass" and still is (seriously, auctioning the gun he used that night? Because a significant portion of America doesn't hate him enough already? Is he trying to get himself killed?) a dumbass.

However, something that was said many times over on this board (and elsewhere) in regards to this case. It is not criminal to be a dumbass and there is no evidence that supports any theory that his dumbassery could be considered to be criminal. To be blunt, Zimmerman didn't start the confrontation and had every right in the world to walk around that neighborhood, regardless of his intent or purposes.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2016, 03:16:09 PM »
Just to stir the pot a little, I have to point out that had Trayvon walked home, he would not have had to answer to anyone.  GZ never stopped him, or in fact initiated any contact at all.  TRAYVON turned around initiated contact and expected GZ to answer to him.  So even if going to trial, being destroyed in the national media, losing your job, home, and SO somehow encourages someone to emulate his behavior, you still wouldn't be answering to them.

The good news is De Selby won't have to worry about it at all since he lives in a nation that gave up their guns for "security". The criminals don't have to worry about prey with effective teeth.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2016, 04:21:50 PM »
Z's shown a lot of bad judgment since the shooting, but I don't see how anyone faults him for this. Had the Martins, et al, not tried (and mostly succeeded) in ruining his life over a case of self-defense, he wouldn't be able to auction off his gun for many times over its market value. And he probably needs the money. It riles up the White* Lives Don't Matter thugs, but what doesn't?

The guy's been dealt a pretty raw deal in life. Whatever his intelligence level, or other character traits, he was trying to help out his neighbors that night. Good for him. We could any one of us be smarter and more cautious than George, and still get dealt the same hand. God help us if it does.

*Or Hispanic, either, apparently.