Author Topic: Global wrming Alert. Cold 1,000 year winter on its way.  (Read 10762 times)

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
Re: Global wrming Alert. Cold 1,000 year winter on its way.
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2010, 06:08:55 AM »
Richard III?  ???
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2010, 09:39:35 AM »
Did you just say "Winter of discount tent?

It's "The winter of our discount tent."  =D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DMcPLhyO6s
Starts at 5:06
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2010, 01:47:09 PM »
It's "The winter of our discount tent."  =D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DMcPLhyO6s
Starts at 5:06

Awesome ain't he?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2010, 07:30:43 PM »
Other places it does different things.  E.g. La Nina encourages stronger Atlantic hurracaines because it reduces the upper altitude wind shear over the tropical Atlantic that would otherwise tear cyclones apart.  El Nino does the opposite.  There's been quite a few Cat 3+ 'caines this year.  They've just all been "fish storms" so they haven't been as noticed.
I would say that if you are Mexico, you wouldn't call them all fish storms.  At two or more storms crossed the Yucatan and hit Mexico.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2010, 09:29:46 PM »
I would say that if you are Mexico, you wouldn't call them all fish storms.  At two or more storms crossed the Yucatan and hit Mexico.

IIRC the ones that crossed the Yucatan were not Cat 3+.  Far as I know all of those were fish storms.  The ones that crossed the Yucatan were TS's or Cat 1-2.
Formerly sumpnz

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2010, 02:28:06 AM »
Richard III?  ???

I refer to the super-duper novel by one John Steinbeck. It's got pirates and everything. I haven't read the eponymous Shakespearean play, but I did see it performed recently in Forest Park. Loves me some free Bard.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2010, 08:32:57 AM »
Snow is just Nature's bleach--kills bugs, disease and hobos.
Even if it doesn't kill the hobos it at least makes them migrate to Florida.  =D
Avoid cliches like the plague!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2010, 09:20:40 AM »
IIRC the ones that crossed the Yucatan were not Cat 3+.  Far as I know all of those were fish storms.  The ones that crossed the Yucatan were TS's or Cat 1-2.
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/hurricanes/archives/2010/h2010_Karl.html
One was a Cat 3.  

What is your definition of "fish storms" then?  I guess it isn't what everyone else on the planet would call a storm that never reaches land.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge