Author Topic: And the Battleship begins to turn....  (Read 4478 times)

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: And the Battleship begins to turn....
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2016, 04:43:14 PM »
How bizzare is that? A blustering businessman with funny hair, and a reality show, is supposed to be the second coming of Hitler? Some folks are gullible.

In response to that:

http://reformclub.blogspot.ie/2016/11/two-queries-posted-on-conlawprof-comey.html

Have you moved any of your liquid assets abroad or into foreign currencies? Have you applied for academic or other positions abroad? Have you considered sending your children abroad to be educated? If you have not done anything to date, and if you don’t have any concrete extant plans to take such actions (should Trump win on November 8, 2016), then should not a detached neutral observer conclude that you do not really believe that Trump is a genuine threat? If Trump is a sociopath, should you not be doing something concrete now, other than writing words on Conlawprof and in other fora?
It strikes me that if no one on this listserv has recently shifted their assets in this manner, then they cannot really believe that Trump poses an existential threat of a magnitude or type different from Hillary Clinton and other candidates past and present. Why? Because if they did believe that Trump was such a threat, then they would take action now, or at least, they would already have made concrete plans which they could put into motion should Trump prevail.

If they honestly thought he was Hitler, they'd be doing more than spouting off.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2016, 04:50:29 PM »
Could be worse, we could find out Trump is a failed artist. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2016, 03:25:18 PM »
And one of the Yuuuuugge stories today, is about how all the polls (except one.  Investors Business Daily, and even they didn't predict this big of a Trump win) got all sooooo terribly wrong.

[popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn] [popcorn]
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2016, 05:30:39 PM »
What he needs to do is spend the next two months until the inauguration openly collaborating with a couple of major, very conservative churches, and quite obviously gearing up for a right wing wet dream.

Then go back to whatever he's already got planned once as many libs as possible have left the country, starting with closing the borders.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2016, 06:08:11 PM »
What he needs to do is spend the next two months until the inauguration openly collaborating with a couple of major, very conservative churches, and quite obviously gearing up for a right wing wet dream.

Then go back to whatever he's already got planned once as many libs as possible have left the country, starting with closing the borders.

This. In that interval, he should also grow a toothbrush mustache.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife