Main Forums > Politics

Poland at loggerheads with the EU...

<< < (3/5) > >>

K Frame:
From the linked AP article...

"The ruling obliged Poland’s right-wing government that had introduced the regulations — which gave politicians influence over judicial appointments — to discontinue them and to observe the independence of justice."

It would be really interesting to see the EU's take on the machinations that have been going on with the US Supreme Court the last couple of years, especially with the Dems threatening to pack the court. But of course that's not a political move at all...

lee n. field:

--- Quote from: Ben on October 27, 2021, 09:16:15 AM ---I think many European countries are getting to the "last straw" point with the EU. While the German government is pretty pro-EU, even there, the citizens are grumbling. I can't have a single conversation with most any of my relatives - even some of the liberal ones - without them going off about something the EU is doing.

I'd love to see countries like Poland and the Czech Republic pull a Brexit.

--- End quote ---

Hungary as well, sounds like it's fed up.

kgbsquirrel:
The EU is in no position to be ordering Poland to do anything.

just Warren:
I'd love to see the EU break up.

Maybe this will be another little pebble that forms an avalanche.

Northwoods:
15-17 years ago I said the EU was doomed.  For reasons fairly consistent with what is happening now.  Back then I said it might last another 20-50 years.  Looks like like that’s still about right too. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version