Main Forums > Politics

NIH admits US funded gain-of-function in Wuhan

(1/7) > >>

MechAg94:
NIH admits US funded gain-of-function in Wuhan — despite Fauci’s denials
https://nypost.com/2021/10/21/nih-admits-us-funded-gain-of-function-in-wuhan-despite-faucis-repeated-denials/

--- Quote ---In a letter to Rep. James Comer (R-Ky.) on Wednesday, a top NIH official blamed EcoHealth Alliance — the New York City-based nonprofit that has funneled US funds to the Wuhan lab — for not being transparent about the work it was doing.
--- End quote ---

NIH Admits to Funding Gain-of-Function Research in Wuhan, Says EcoHealth Violated Reporting Requirements
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/nih-admits-to-funding-gain-of-function-research-in-wuhan-says-ecohealth-violated-reporting-requirements/

So we were funding what was effectively bio-warfare in a foreign country. 

Ron:
Fauci lied, very untrustworthy, he is not an honest man.

MillCreek:
I don't know very much about gain of function, but I am assuming there must be some scientific or medical purpose behind it other than biological warfare.  Is it to figure out better ways of treatment or disease prevention or what, I wonder.

MechAg94:

--- Quote from: MillCreek on October 22, 2021, 02:04:34 PM ---I don't know very much about gain of function, but I am assuming there must be some scientific or medical purpose behind it other than biological warfare.  Is it to figure out better ways of treatment or disease prevention or what, I wonder.

--- End quote ---
I am sure there are a number of reasons for doing that sort of research.  I figure the best would be looking at what your enemies might develop and try to do the same in order to develop defenses against it.  However, I have to wonder if any of that outweighs the risk of such things escaping containment.  It most certainly does NOT justify funding that research in a foreign lab that apparently had poor containment. 

Funding foreign R&D at all seems like a pretty foolish thing to do.

MillCreek:

--- Quote from: MechAg94 on October 22, 2021, 02:25:55 PM ---I am sure there are a number of reasons for doing that sort of research.  I figure the best would be looking at what your enemies might develop and try to do the same in order to develop defenses against it.  However, I have to wonder if any of that outweighs the risk of such things escaping containment.  It most certainly does NOT justify funding that research in a foreign lab that apparently had poor containment. 

Funding foreign R&D at all seems like a pretty foolish thing to do.

--- End quote ---

Unless you want to offshore particularly dangerous work, in which case COVID shows the folly of that particular approach.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version