Author Topic: Obama Campaign Sues to Restrict Military Voting  (Read 4454 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Obama Campaign Sues to Restrict Military Voting
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2012, 10:36:04 PM »
I actually agree with everything you said.  As I have mentioned earlier, I am not opposed to voter ID, as long as the required ID is made free and readily available so that issues of cost and access do not disenfranchise anyone.
why didn't you say that in the first place?  Every state voter ID law I have heard of includes provisions for free picture ID.  That hasn't stopped Mostly liberal Democrats from trying to stop those laws.  

You can also look up ACORN and the organizations they spawned since they close/changed names.  

http://www.ktrh.com/pages/michaelberry.html?article=10521449

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09/23/voter-fraud-houston-tea-party-truethevote-texas/
This one is about a local Houston group that started with public data.  

IMO, most of the fraud is small enough it is unlikely to affect major elections, but a lot of local city/state elections have very low turnout and could easily be swayed by this stuff.  

The problem with asking for proof is national media is rarely interested.  If you do some searches, there are lots of articles, but most are local and find small pockets of fraud.  There have been hints of larger operations such as ACORN.  IMO, requiring ID to vote and register is an easy step that could clean up a lot of this and make it more difficult.  Personally, I blame motor voter laws that allow 3rd parties to turn in registrations for other people.  That opens the door pretty wide for this stuff. 
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 10:43:12 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2012, 01:07:41 AM »
Of course they think that. Exactly how many democrat policritters (state or national level) have ever actually served and understand what it is to be military?

Murtha, Kerry, Gore...

... Powell   :lol:
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2012, 10:43:51 AM »
Seems some Florida military folks have been purged from the voting rolls. Doesn't look like a huge number but as we know, every vote counts.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/article/280780/8/ProtectYourVote-Servicemembers-removed-from-voting-rolls
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.