Author Topic: Obama Campaign Sues to Restrict Military Voting  (Read 4466 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Obama Campaign Sues to Restrict Military Voting
« on: October 24, 2012, 06:50:58 PM »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/08/02/obama-campaign-sues-to-restrict-military-voting

Currently, Ohio allows the public to vote early in-person up until the Friday before the election. Members of the military are given three extra days to do so. While the Democrats may see this as "arbitrary" and having "no discernible rational basis," I think it is entirely reasonable given the demands on servicemen and women's time and their obligations.  to their sworn duty

Are the three days necessary?

The Romney campaign should have that in a commercial immediately.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Frank Castle

• friend
Re: Obama Campaign Sues to Restrict Military Voting
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 06:57:25 PM »
WTF over !!!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 07:06:12 PM »
Democrats may see this as "arbitrary" and having "no discernible rational basis,"

Of course they think that. Exactly how many democrat policritters (state or national level) have ever actually served and understand what it is to be military?

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 07:09:39 PM »
Meh. Classless move by obama and co, but most people busy enough to need extra time are voting absentee anyways. I doubt the optempo is high in Ohio.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 07:41:11 PM »
WTF over !!!

Trying their usual antics of obstructing .mil members from voting as they percieve the .mil to vote on the conservative side of things usually. They've played plenty of games of keeping absentee ballots from reaching deployed military members, too...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 08:19:54 PM »
i don't see how doing this could possibly help them.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 08:56:13 PM »
Trying their usual antics of obstructing .mil members from voting as they percieve the .mil to vote on the conservative side of things usually. They've played plenty of games of keeping absentee ballots from reaching deployed military members, too...

And yet not very much protest here with the Republicans leading the charge on voter ID, designed to limit voting of populations leaning Democrat.  Interesting.  I await with interest the posts explaining how the situations are very much different, and we should support the Republicans and condemn the Democrats for doing much the same thing.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 09:02:35 PM »
And yet not very much protest here with the Republicans leading the charge on voter ID, designed to limit voting of populations leaning Democrat.  Interesting.  I await with interest the posts explaining how the situations are very much different, and we should support the Republicans and condemn the Democrats for doing much the same thing.

The voter ID thing is to "disenfranchise" illegal aliens, dead people, and traveling multiple voters.  (Democrats' key constituents)  Do you really not see the difference?
"It's good, though..."

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 09:05:20 PM »
The state of Ohio changed and is allowing everybody to vote 3 days before the Nov 6.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 09:07:24 PM »
The state of Ohio changed and is allowing everybody to vote 3 days before the Nov 6.

That's a good solution right there. Solve the "favoritism" issue without dicking over the .mil folks who may need those extra days.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 09:15:37 PM »

What a fallacious argument!

Correlating a requirement of proof you are eligible to vote with disenfranchising voters is the epitome of stupidity.

In order to prove there has been a disenfranchisement of voters you would have to provide proof (ie ID) that they were eligible to vote. The very thing the laws require.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 09:38:50 PM »
The voter ID thing is to "disenfranchise" illegal aliens, dead people, and traveling multiple voters.  (Democrats' key constituents)  Do you really not see the difference?

I would be ever so interested to see some reputable citations showing the scope of this problem and how voter ID requirements will eliminate it. Can you provide me with such a list from sources without partisan bias? I would like to review them.  As an independent, I find it hard to believe that either the Republican or the Democrat machine are the disinterested parties on this issue that they like to portray themselves as.  I am fairly certain that both parties have facilitated various types of voter fraud for their own ends.

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 09:42:52 PM »

Can we start with Minnesota?

BTW, have you ever heard of Jim March and Black Box Voting?
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 09:46:38 PM »
I would be ever so interested to see some reputable citations showing the scope of this problem and how voter ID requirements will eliminate it. Can you provide me with such a list from sources without partisan bias? I would like to review them.  As an independent, I find it hard to believe that either the Republican or the Democrat machine are the disinterested parties on this issue that they like to portray themselves as.  I am fairly certain that both parties have facilitated various types of voter fraud for their own ends.

Another fallacious argument.

The civic right to vote is a right that is worth protecting.

I was born in Chicago, raised within a mile of the Cook County/Dupage County border and have lived in the shadow of Chicago all my 48 years.

My grandfather was an old man Daley machine foot soldier, Precinct Captain for years.

Maybe you can BS the hippies in Washington but you can't BS me.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 09:47:34 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/09/rick-scott-voter-registration-fraud_n_1951774.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/23/florida-voter-purge_n_2007304.html

And to further my point as to both sides doing 'interesting' things with voters, the first link pertains to the Republicans and the second to the Democrats.  Talk about equal opportunity shenanigans.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 09:49:28 PM »

Thank you. Illegal votes suppress valid ones.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 09:50:30 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/09/rick-scott-voter-registration-fraud_n_1951774.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/23/florida-voter-purge_n_2007304.html

And to further my point as to both sides doing 'interesting' things with voters, the first link pertains to the Republicans and the second to the Democrats.  Talk about equal opportunity shenanigans.

Your bob and weave is futile.

Voter ID doesn't discriminate between parties, race or creed.

Show you are a citizen of your State in the USA and you can vote.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 09:56:36 PM »
Can we start with Minnesota?

BTW, have you ever heard of Jim March and Black Box Voting?

Wow, I had not until I just Googled it.  An interesting quote on the front page of blackboxvoting.org: "Voter fraud" does happen, but not by busloads of alcoholic Mexican noncitizens impersonating legit voters at the polling place, as the urban election legend goes. It's the pros, like political professionals and elections workers that do it. The impersonation takes place with absentee ballots, not polling place votes, and this is a problem that the whole voter ID controversy fails to address. "Identity theft" and "forgery" better describe the real problem.

Perhaps this is what we should focus attention on.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 09:58:05 PM »
Your bob and weave is futile.

Voter ID doesn't discriminate between parties, race or creed.

Show you are a citizen of your State in the USA and you can vote.

I actually agree with everything you said.  As I have mentioned earlier, I am not opposed to voter ID, as long as the required ID is made free and readily available so that issues of cost and access do not disenfranchise anyone.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 10:03:40 PM »
Wow, I had not until I just Googled it.  An interesting quote on the front page of blackboxvoting.org: "Voter fraud" does happen, but not by busloads of alcoholic Mexican noncitizens impersonating legit voters at the polling place, as the urban election legend goes. It's the pros, like political professionals and elections workers that do it. The impersonation takes place with absentee ballots, not polling place votes, and this is a problem that the whole voter ID controversy fails to address. "Identity theft" and "forgery" better describe the real problem.

Perhaps this is what we should focus attention on.

Why not focus on both at the same time? Why leave the front door to your house unlocked simply because the burglar uses the back door X times more often? Lock both and stop the burglar at both entrances.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 10:34:50 PM »
Of course they think that. Exactly how many democrat policritters (state or national level) have ever actually served and understand what it is to be military?

Murtha, Kerry, Gore...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2012, 11:11:02 PM »

Murtha, Kerry, Gore...

*snort* Of Gore's service...
When Gore graduated in 1969, his student deferment ended and he immediately became eligible for the military draft. His father, a vocal anti-Vietnam War critic, was facing a reelection in 1970. Gore eventually decided that the best way he could contribute to the anti-war effort was to enlist in the Army, which would improve his father's reelection prospects.

Although nearly all of his Harvard classmates avoided the draft and service in Vietnam, Gore believed if he found a way around military service, he would be handing an issue to his father's Republican opponent. According to Gore's Senate biography, "He appeared in uniform in his father's campaign commercials, one of which ended with his father advising: 'Son, always love your country.'
Yeah, some seriously selfless service there.  ;/

But fine, in the interest of intellectual honesty...

At the beginning of the 112th Congress, there were 118 Members (21.8% of the total membership)
who had served or were serving in the military, 2 fewer than at the end of the 111th Congress, and
8 fewer than in the 110th Congress.39 According to lists compiled by CQ Roll Call, the House
currently has 91 veterans (including 1 female Member, as well as 2 Delegates); the Senate has 25.
These Members served in World War II, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, the Persian Gulf War,
Afghanistan, Iraq, and Kosovo, as well as during times of peace. Some have served in the
Reserves and the National Guard. Three House Members and two Senators are still serving in the
Reserves, and three House Members and one Senator are still serving in the National Guard. As
noted above, one Senator is a former Secretary of the Navy.

The number of veterans in the 112th Congress reflects the trend of a steady decline in recent
decades in the number of Members who have served in the military. For example, there were 298
veterans (240 Representatives, 58 Senators) in the 96th Congress (1979-1981); and 398 veterans
(329 Representatives, 69 Senators) in the 91st Congress (1969-1971).

Current Senators who have served.

Daniel Akaka (D), Jeff Bingaman (D), Richard Blumenthal (D), Thomas Carper (D), Tom Harkin (D), Daniel Inouye (D), John Kerry (D), Herbert Kohl (D), Frank Lautenberg (D), Bill Nelson (D), Jack Reed (D), James Webb (D)

Scott Brown (R), Dan Coats (R), Thad Cochran (R), Michael Enzi (R), Lindsey Graham (R), James Inhofe (R), Johnny Isakson (R), Mark Kirk (R), Richard Lugar (R), John McCain (R), Pat Roberts (R), Jeff Sessions (R), John Warner (R), Roger Wicker (R)

In the interest of not turning this post into a multi-page affair, I'll leave y'all to dig up the names of the 91 members of the house.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2012, 12:58:36 AM »
Another fallacious argument.

I was born in Chicago, raised within a mile of the Cook County/Dupage County border and have lived in the shadow of Chicago all my 48 years.

My grandfather was an old man Daley machine foot soldier, Precinct Captain for years.

Maybe you can BS the hippies in Washington but you can't BS me.

You do realize Chicago is famous because there, the dead also vote.... >:D >:D
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2012, 02:38:43 AM »
They keep sowing the seeds. 
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2012, 11:39:11 AM »

i wonder if the early votes will be tallied each day and reported, and if that will change the voting for the following days?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2