Author Topic: Dammit Costco, Where Are My Jeans?  (Read 16377 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Dammit Costco, Where Are My Jeans?
« on: November 06, 2015, 05:58:52 PM »
Gall dangit. It appears Costco has stopped carrying their Kirkland jeans. No longer at the store, and the website only has odd sizes.

I've been wearing them for years because they're cheap, tough, fit me well, and they only make (made) one style, so fit was also consistent over the years. Now I have to hunt for new jeans again. I was wearing Wranglers and Cabelas before, and will probably go back, but what I hate about both brands is that they seem to want to copy the designer brands and they continually change not only the fit of their jeans, but the name of the fit as well. So now I have to guess at what their non-baggy relaxed fit jeans are called (versus "loose relaxed" or "tailored relaxed" or some other name for a fit I won't like), find something that fits via trial and error, then buy 4-5 extra pairs so I won't have to go through it again for a long while.

Or hopefully the lack of jeans at Costco is only temporary.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Dammit Costco, Where Are My Jeans?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 06:29:23 PM »
Carharts
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Marnoot

• friend
Re:
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 06:44:49 PM »
Must be a local shortage. Neemi just picked me up a couple pairs at our local Costco a few days ago.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re:
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 06:59:52 PM »
Must be a local shortage. Neemi just picked me up a couple pairs at our local Costco a few days ago.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Hmm. Maybe I should wait until after Christmas to panic.  :laugh:

I know they often will have the same clothing year after year, but only during certain seasons (like the shorts I buy from them), but I've never seen the two Costcos I go to out of jeans before. They replaced the Kirkland jeans table with a Kirkland corduroys table (and I am NOT reliving Junior High), and then put out a ton of jeans from Lucky, Calvin Klein, and other designer brands. It could just be a holiday thing though, so maybe they'll restock after New Years.

On the Carharts, good quality jeans, but I had bad luck sizing the couple of times I mail ordered some. I think I'd need to find a local place with a fitting room (don't seem to see that much anymore at places I shop) to try their different cuts for one that fits me well.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 07:11:07 PM »
Or beg Neemi to buy you jeans the next time she is at Costco.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Neemi

• friend
Re:
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 07:23:19 PM »
When I bought the jeans, they weren't in their usual spot. They'd definitely been moved to accommodate the Christmas Creep. They were also by a wide selection of slacks, courderoys, and fleece pajama pants. I almost missed them, but no signs of those jeans going away any time soon here. Costco almost always has 2-3 types of men's jeans available, plus whatever else that season.

I'm due another trip... I'll check again to make sure. :)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 07:36:51 PM »
Lots of Kirkland Signature men's jeans at my local Costco in Marysville.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re:
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 08:01:28 PM »
When I bought the jeans, they weren't in their usual spot. They'd definitely been moved to accommodate the Christmas Creep. They were also by a wide selection of slacks, courderoys, and fleece pajama pants. I almost missed them, but no signs of those jeans going away any time soon here. Costco almost always has 2-3 types of men's jeans available, plus whatever else that season.

I'm due another trip... I'll check again to make sure. :)

That sounds like the description of mine right now. Maybe I just missed them somehow. It was super crowded and I was getting aggravated at the aisle blockers, so I could very well have missed them if they were a small section of a table with other stuff. I just panicked because when I went to Costco.com, they only had like 7-8 mostly oddball sizes available, and that often means they're closing out on something. I'll have to suck it up with the crowds and do a more thorough inspection when I make my meat run next week.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 08:32:20 PM »
Carharts

Belay that order. I bought a pair of Carrhart jeans last year. They lasted a month or two before the stitching above the back pockets ripped holes in the fabric, and then the crotch ripped open. I took them back, and got a replacement, and that pair lasted only a few months before the same back-pocket thing happened. I keep nothing but a wallet and a handkerchief in the respective back pockets.

My K-Mart Dickies are proving much more durable.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Neemi

• friend
Re:
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 08:59:53 PM »
Instead of being on the end of the middle section as you walk in, it was in an aisle or two in the middle on the way out.

Writing that, I see now why the Costco in Salt Lake City has a map. :P

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2015, 09:48:37 PM »
Call Obama and ask what brand he wears.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2015, 09:51:02 PM »
"Mom" jeans
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2015, 10:13:28 PM »
I've settled on Wal-Mart's store brand ("Rustler") for jeans. They're around $10 a pair, they fit, and they last as long as Levis or Wranglers, for one-third the price.

Plus no rivets to mess up my holster when I'm carrying.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2015, 11:06:30 PM »
Last pair of Carrhart's I had lasted over a year of daily wear.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2015, 07:16:30 PM »
I've settled on Wal-Mart's store brand ("Rustler") for jeans. They're around $10 a pair, they fit, and they last as long as Levis or Wranglers, for one-third the price.

Rustler is sold in several stores other than Wally World.  Used to get a good deal on them at Bi-Mart stores in Oregon on occasion.  Most of my jeans are Rustler, too.  Pretty decent quality at a good price.
Wrangler owns Rustler if I am not mistaken. 
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2015, 08:34:28 PM »
So why don't the people here that have them in their local stores pick Ben up a few pairs.
What do you wear? 48x28? I know you need room for all the iwb holsters.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2015, 09:45:28 PM »
So why don't the people here that have them in their local stores pick Ben up a few pairs.
What do you wear? 48x28? I know you need room for all the iwb holsters.

I like to be well-heeled, so definitely need at least a 48 for multiple gats.  :laugh:

It sounds like if they're not there now they'll be back after the holidays. If not, maybe I'll make a jeans request then. :)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2015, 09:52:12 PM »

I wish I could wear cheap jeans, very few brands actually feel right. Either my balls are getting crushed or the seat isn't deep enough.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2015, 01:32:01 AM »
I like to be well-heeled, so definitely need at least a 48 for multiple gats.  :laugh:

It sounds like if they're not there now they'll be back after the holidays. If not, maybe I'll make a jeans request then. :)

You may not want to wait that long, your size may be gone fom M&N's store by then...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR_myjOr0OU
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2015, 10:04:22 AM »
You may not want to wait that long, your size may be gone fom M&N's store by then...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR_myjOr0OU

That's freakin' hilarious!  :laugh:

Gotta wonder what Obama ordering pants sounds like...

EJ Fudd

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2016, 05:27:30 PM »
Gall dangit. It appears Costco has stopped carrying their Kirkland jeans. No longer at the store, and the website only has odd sizes.

I've been wearing them for years because they're cheap, tough, fit me well, and they only make (made) one style, so fit was also consistent over the years. Now I have to hunt for new jeans again. I was wearing Wranglers and Cabelas before, and will probably go back, but what I hate about both brands is that they seem to want to copy the designer brands and they continually change not only the fit of their jeans, but the name of the fit as well. So now I have to guess at what their non-baggy relaxed fit jeans are called (versus "loose relaxed" or "tailored relaxed" or some other name for a fit I won't like), find something that fits via trial and error, then buy 4-5 extra pairs so I won't have to go through it again for a long while.

Or hopefully the lack of jeans at Costco is only temporary.

The have found a new vendor for the jeans and they SUCK....
I bought a pair last night, denim seems thinner, the fit is not even close to the other style..they were GREAT jeans but not to save money the killed them

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2016, 05:55:56 PM »
The have found a new vendor for the jeans and they SUCK....
I bought a pair last night, denim seems thinner, the fit is not even close to the other style..they were GREAT jeans but not to save money the killed them

EJ Fudd, welcome to the forum!

Heh, good first post, because I discovered that exact thing this morning. I was making a Costco run and as soon as I walked in the door, saw the big display for the Kirkland jeans. They had actually not been stocked since I originally posted about it here. I thought, "Hallelujah!", but as I walked up to the display, I immediately saw something was up. New label on the back, and the stitching looked funny - like what's on designer jeans. Sure enough, the material was different as well. I chose not to get them and was going to wait to read reviews.

In the meantime, I've switched to Walmart Faded Glory. I've gotten them here and there over the years, mostly as "dirty work" jeans. I find the quality quite good, but the sizing inconsistent from one batch to the next. During the great Costco jean shortage of 2015, I saw some in my size at the local Wally, so took a chance and got lucky that they fit as advertised. Went back and bought three more pairs to put away. At ten bucks a pop, I'm happy and set for a couple of years again.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2016, 05:59:51 PM »
In the meantime, I've switched to Walmart Faded Glory. I've gotten them here and there over the years, mostly as "dirty work" jeans. I find the quality quite good, but the sizing inconsistent from one batch to the next. During the great Costco jean shortage of 2015, I saw some in my size at the local Wally, so took a chance and got lucky that they fit as advertised. Went back and bought three more pairs to put away. At ten bucks a pop, I'm happy and set for a couple of years again.

I've worn Faded Glory carpenter pants for years. They're quite alright. I picked up two pairs of Wrangler (blue) carpenter jeans at Wal-Mart last year, too, and they have been good so far.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2016, 09:17:41 PM »
Well, the reviews on the new Kirkland jeans are already in. They went from five stars for the old ones to one star for the new ones.

http://www.costco.com/Kirkland-Signature%E2%84%A2-Men's-5-Pocket-Blue-Jean.product.100172605.html

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2016, 09:46:24 PM »
FWIW, Costco hired a new purchasing team last summer and promptly canceled our orders because they were too expensive. I expect that will happen with a lot of their products.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?