Author Topic: Fun at 4am  (Read 8790 times)

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
Re: Fun at 4am
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2009, 12:45:12 AM »
"Which house? I'll provide overwatch"

Then, a few days later, send the PD a bill for services rendered
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

digitalandanalog

• friend
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2009, 01:50:30 AM »
"Uh... Okay... If they start shooting, and you guys can't handle it, come get me, okay?"

"Yeah, I saw that hollywood shootout, if you guys need some better guns, just come ask."

Thank you for the good laugh. Glad I wasn't about to drink my beer when I came across those.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2009, 07:39:11 AM »
So he shouted at you that a raid was coming forthwith, and it wasn't safe to be outside.

Thereby spoiling the element of surprise for his real raid target?

Hmmm.  Kinda odd.

The time it took to have that conversation and the risk that you could tip off the target doesn't jive with just holding the raid for another 45 seconds until you got in your car and drove away.

So yeah, Mike: I'll say it - Bastard JBT's.  Always out to "control" anything they can without actually engaging a brain cell first.

Meh.  Mountain and molehill thingy here.  By that time of the morning, most anybody is sacked out nicely. 
It does stand to reason that the longer they are outside, setup and possibly exposed, the higher the chances of being discovered and possibly ambushed.  I'd have told her to go back inside, too. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

PTK

• friends
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2009, 07:52:36 AM »
I'd have told her to go back inside, too. 

So now I'm a girl? Nice.  :lol:

No news on what happened, but they were out there (with an APC and at least three dozen guys with rifles) until close to 10AM. Didn't exactly poke my head out and see what happened when they were leaving. I like my blood right where it is.

EDIT: Just found out what happened, finally got a Google result.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/19512587/detail.html
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 08:08:01 AM by PTK »
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2009, 09:15:11 AM »

No news on what happened, but they were out there (with an APC and at least three dozen guys with rifles) until close to 10AM. Didn't exactly poke my head out and see what happened when they were leaving. I like my blood right where it is.

For some reason I got sidetracked and thought Bridgewalker had started this post, sorry......

The man's body was found by a passersby at the nearby Ulysses Ball Park at about 5:30 a.m. Police said the man appeared to have died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

So it sounds like the guy left and then shot himself, before the po-po arrived....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

PTK

• friends
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2009, 09:20:58 AM »
Yep.

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2009, 09:48:45 AM »

This was next door to you?  Three dozen guys with rifles doing a raid next door = me and the family are going down the street in the opposite direction.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

PTK

• friends
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2009, 09:55:14 AM »
No, three buildings down about 250 yards away. I would've left with everyone had they allowed it, they were saying STAY IN THE HOUSE. We have concrete walls, I wasn't too concerned.

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2009, 04:55:07 PM »

So the Denver cops needed 30+ guys and an APC to take care of a situation that should have required little more than a squad car or two and a competent negotiator.

Can anyone say "Swatting flies with a hammer"?
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2009, 04:57:17 PM »

Actually, we thought that before any of this happened.....

=D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2009, 10:27:31 AM »
The man's body was found by a passersby at the nearby Ulysses Ball Park at about 5:30 a.m. Police said the man appeared to have died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

they were out there (with an APC and at least three dozen guys with rifles) until close to 10AM.

Did anyone point out to them that rifles don't work on ghosts?

Four hours (give them half an hour to think of something like checking the corpse's wallet and running the ID) to decide that his empty house isn't a threat?

Police received a call at 1:30 a.m. about a disturbance involving a man at the Summit View Apartments in the 1400 block of Lunnonhaus Drive.

Not to mention the waste of taxpayer money for SWAT to watch an empty apartment for several hours.

digitalandanalog

• friend
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2009, 07:49:09 PM »
You obviously haven't lived in Denver. Good bread programs and the police are the circus. I lived there for 19 years. My mother was a city employed nurse. My father worked for (my memory fails me now) the downtown hospital that was part of CU Boulders medical training. I am the the direct result of Denver's inner workings. I know it well. A good portion of my family still live there.

I miss it...not too much though. I don't care for Arkansas, but Denver is a place I have no desire to return to.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2009, 08:47:03 PM »
Went out my front door to go to the store (it's cool enough out for me, I'm to stay out of the heat), lock the door, turn around and start walking toward the parking lot.

"POLICE!" (somewhere

:O

Uh... can I move?

"Yes. Where are you going?"

Groceries.

"Is it an emergency?"

No.

"Get back in your house, it's not safe to be outside right now."

Breakout? (I live near a prison)

"No. Raid. Back in the house."

Ok. Be safe, fellas.

....I just wanted food.  :lol:

Should have just ordered delivery, those guys are expendable.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2009, 08:03:20 AM »

Mabs for the win.  Ordering delivery during the middle of that debacle would have been genius....
JD

DJJ

• friend
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2009, 12:20:11 PM »
Interestingly, I was once a delivery guy, and I was the victim of just such a joke. Not very funny, and I'd chop the arms off the perp if I knew who it was.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2009, 01:23:10 PM »
We have concrete walls, I wasn't too concerned.

John Walsh might say otherwise.   :O

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2009, 01:45:21 PM »
So the Denver cops needed 30+ guys and an APC to take care of a situation that should have required little more than a squad car or two and a competent negotiator.

Can anyone say "Swatting flies with a hammer"?

When all you have is a Hammer (SWAT Team), everything looks like a Nail (No-Knock raid/Hostage Situation).
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2009, 02:32:52 PM »

Interestingly, I was once a delivery guy, and I was the victim of just such a joke. Not very funny, and I'd chop the arms off the perp if I knew who it was.

Hint....hint..... ;)
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2009, 09:58:16 PM »
Ordering delivery during the middle of that debacle would have been genius....

You think if PTK couldn't get out, the food would get in?  The delivery guy is going to say to the cops, "No, you can't have it, it isn't yours" after they ask to "inspect" it, or suggest the car might need searching?  Delivery might be low on the totem pole, but most of those guys aren't stupid.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2009, 12:12:47 PM »
Where are you going?
Groceries
Is it an emergency?

You missed a great opportunity right there.

Yes it is!  I just smoked a whole ounce and if I don't get some cheetos I am gonna die!

Yeah.  The neighbor holding my family hostage says he's gonna start shooting if I don't get him a beer.

My wife is pregnant and if I don't come back with some dill pickles and peanut butter I am a goner!
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2009, 01:11:54 PM »
Where are you going?
Groceries
Is it an emergency?

As long as you guys can spot me some donuts, I should be fine for a little while.  Glazed, if you got 'em.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2009, 01:41:25 PM »
Where are you going?
Groceries
Is it an emergency?

DO you want to explain to the baby that she can't have a clean diaper?