Author Topic: Music: RIP, Dan Fogelberg  (Read 954 times)

Rocketman56

Music: RIP, Dan Fogelberg
« on: December 17, 2007, 09:03:15 AM »

He died yesterday of Advanced Prostate Cancer...  Sigh..  Another national treasure that will be missed..

www.danfogelberg.com

and as his website discusses, for those of us over 40, don't forget that prostate exam once a year!!!!!!!!

steve
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
Robert A. Heinlein

Ad astra per aspera
"through the thorns to the stars"

Joe Demko

• friend
  • Marko Kloos was right about you.
Re: Music: RIP, Dan Fogelberg
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 09:38:15 AM »
His music was always a tad too treacly for my tastes; but I'm sorry to hear he's gone.  Another fragment of my youth departed.
That's right... I'm a Jackbooted Thug AND a Juvenile Indoctrination Technician.  Deal with it.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 09:53:12 AM »
Geez, that sucks! I had JUST got a copy of his "Souvenirs" CD. Joe Walsh produced it and played lead guitar as well. Hell of a CD, even though they hated each other after it was done. RIP Dan...  sad
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 11:42:27 AM »
He had a heck of a run for the roses, anyway.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Paddy

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 12:20:34 PM »
Cancer sucks.