Author Topic: Know any good pectoral exercises for a chinup bar?  (Read 1258 times)

DigMe

Know any good pectoral exercises for a chinup bar?
« on: July 20, 2005, 04:41:27 AM »
Hey ya'll.  I can't do push-ups because of a big, calcfied ganglion cyst I have in my wrist.  It doesn't hurt day to day but something like pushups where I put that downforce on my bent wrist agitates it.  So, I'm wondering if anyone knows any chinup bar exercises or any other exercises requiring no other special equipment that will work my pecs?  I started doing these gorilla chin-ups which is a killer exercise for abs, biceps and upper back but I'd like to find a good pecs exercise minus freeweights and equipment.

brad cook

Big_R

• friend
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 06:11:51 AM »
If your wrist only hurts when it's bent, try doing dumb bell pushups (basically, you put dumbells on the floor and hold onto the handles).  That way, you can keep your wrist straight and still get all the advantages of push ups.  Stupid question, but have you tried wrapping your wrists with something like matrial arts type wraps?  They may help.

Ryan

Risasi

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 04:01:14 AM »
Make fists and do them on your knuckles. Be sure to alternate your arms parallell, 45 degrees and almost 90 degrees out from your body.

P.S. I have one on my left wrist. I just grin and bear it. Your best bet; get it lanced (very likely to come back) or grin and bear it and learn to live with the pain. Part of freedom is being able to say no to anything, even your own body.

DigMe

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 11:19:16 AM »
Quote from: Risasi
Your best bet; get it lanced
Thanks but I'm really not looking for medical advice on the cyst.  My wife is a physician.
It rarely ever hurts anymore unless I do something to agitate it (such as pushups!) and there aren't a whole lot of activities that I'm involved in that would do that.  I've had it for many years.  At least 10.  

It can't be lanced because it's calcified.  It could be surgically removed but I don't think it's worth it.

brad cook