Author Topic: McCain the POW  (Read 5254 times)

Lee

• friend
McCain the POW
« on: February 26, 2008, 03:46:34 PM »
Does it bother anyone else that the Russians, or others, could have compromising audio, or video, with very intimate information, from McCain's years as a POW in NV? If drugs were employed, would even McCain be fully aware of what could of taken place back then?  The Vietnamese did not abide by too many conventional POW laws as I recall.  I've always had a lingering concern about that.   I know the 'Manchurian Candidate' issue has been brought up in the past....but what about plain old blackmail?   

cassandra and sara's daddy

Re: McCain the POW
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 04:06:35 PM »
no

but lets entertain your fantasy a moment.  what do you imagine they got on him?  remember since all we are dealing with is what happens between your ears the skys the limit

are you another paulista by any chance?

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 04:14:46 PM »
Anyone ever see the movie "The Manchurian Candidate"....

Hmmmmm....

[evil laugh] muwhahaha [/evil laugh]
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 05:30:13 PM »
I have seen the original Manchurian Candidate.

I am also not so hot for McCain, to put it mildly.

If some rat-bastard commie scum drags out footage of McCain getting the third degree or acting under duress during his captivity, I think my reservations for voting for him would evaporate, right quick.

I can think of no better way to contrast the depth of McCain's character with the callowness of Obama's & Hillary's pale substitute for same.

If I were McCain, I would see any such play as manna from Heaven.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 05:37:44 PM »
The way it is supposed to work is the Republican establishment scares apathetic and disaffected conservative Republicans into voting against Obama/Hillary by voting for McCain.

Damn, but I think nutter Paulitsas and Democrat loons are trying to bypass the Repub establishment and get me to pull the lever for the RINO from AZ by acting like a pack of freaks.

Maybe they just can't help themselves.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 05:39:58 PM »
Any foreign agent that tried that would be painting a big target on their capital city if McCain got elected despite it......

We'll probably see Obama partying with Marion Berry on video before that happened....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 05:45:23 PM »
marion has standards

Lee

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 06:44:33 PM »
but lets entertain your fantasy a moment.  what do you imagine they got on him?  remember since all we are dealing with is what happens between your ears the skys the limit
are you another paulista by any chance?

Truthfully, I'm not really 'for' anyone in this contest...but will vote for McCain if that's who's running against Obama. Do you think this seed won't be planted by the Dems once he's the confirmed candidate?  I'm not anti- McCain, I'm just a realist.

He was held by a brutal enemy for a long time.  How would any person, regardless of strength or character, react to being held captive in isolation, and being brutalized over an extended period of time. The man was held under conditions that make Guantanamo look like the Hilton, by a government that had no rules.  Being the son of a US Senator, McCain did get special attention- but not likely in a good way. I would guess that the Russians may have a very thick file on him from that period. 
I could speculate on any number of things they could have done to him...even without him remembering a any of it.  An example just for discussions sake:  What if he was elected President and suddenly an internet video pops up of a drugged McCain in a compromising position (s) with guards or even other captives.  What if they privately use it as a negotiating tool?  He's not going to (or can't) start WWIII over that. 

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 06:48:25 PM »
lee hes the son of a 4 star admiral. sticking to at least the rough framework of reallity is usually good.and jfuser is a good example of how that kinda nonsense would backfire. plus highlighting his service only brings attention to their non service

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 07:03:31 PM »
The North Vietnamese weren't into piling naked prisoners up, or taking candids of naked men with a female guard holding a doggie leash on him. It took the United States to sink that low. Nope, the NVA were into the boring old bamboo shoots under the finger nails, "Tell us what you know!" zhit and that's about it. I don't think there's any Manchurian Candidate stuff out there about McCain or any of his fellow Hanoi Hilton neighbors. Just a bunch of guys with some scars, and maybe a few broken bones that didn't heal straight.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 07:47:19 PM »
a lil electricity and some missing guys as well as the odd beating

mfree

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2008, 03:20:44 AM »
What, videos of him hung up by his broken arms?

For a Vietnam eager to get back into the real (fiscal) world, I doubt anything like that would happen, unless it was to hobble Vietnam...

keeleon

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2008, 06:03:13 AM »
But what if there actually is something terrible like a drugged up Mccain being forced to attack or kill a fellow prisoner.  It's not unpossible that something like that ever happened.  Unfortunately a vast majority of the voting public are too stupid to be able to see that in context, they would have no idea of the chaos going on all around him.  I do think that if another country does have this kind of information, they would much rather use it as blackmail one he's in office, then to just release it to get him unelected.  He is a very left R, and they know that he isn't THAT much different from Hillbama.

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2008, 06:30:40 AM »
It's not unpossible that something like that ever happened.  Unfortunately a vast majority of the voting public are too stupid to be able to see that in context, they would have no idea of the chaos going on all around him.

that was funny   for reasons that you might not realize

keeleon

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2008, 06:50:31 AM »

Please do tell. smiley 

The media distributes information in whatever bias they want.  If they want to distribute this information in the context that Mccain is unstable, and should not be president, then that is what the mass public will believe.  If they want to distribute it stating how strong he is for having been forced to go through something so horrible, and still being abl to competently be a leader, then THAT is what the public will believe.  Which "spin" do you think information like that would get?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 07:00:33 AM »
The North Vietnamese weren't into piling naked prisoners up, or taking candids of naked men with a female guard holding a doggie leash on him. It took the United States to sink that low.

That is of course so much worse than starving them to death or breaking their arms and legs. placing them in cages for months on end with nothing but there own urine and feces to exist on. Or of course they mostly just killed them and got it over with. A little hazing is so much worse.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 09:01:54 AM »
The North Vietnamese weren't into piling naked prisoners up, or taking candids of naked men with a female guard holding a doggie leash on him. It took the United States to sink that low.

That is of course so much worse than starving them to death or breaking their arms and legs. placing them in cages for months on end with nothing but there own urine and feces to exist on. Or of course they mostly just killed them and got it over with. A little hazing is so much worse.

Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 10:08:53 AM »
marion has standards

That just made my day!
Barry loves crack whores, but a Senator from Illinois would certainly be beneath him!!!!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Lee

• friend
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2008, 10:22:29 AM »

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2008, 10:37:48 AM »
Barry loves crack whores, but a Senator from Illinois would certainly be beneath him!!!!

^^^
Oh, the fun I could have playing with word order!
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2008, 06:46:49 PM »
It's not unpossible that something like that ever happened.  Unfortunately a vast majority of the voting public are too stupid to be able to see that in context, they would have no idea of the chaos going on all around him.

Please do tell.   

I'll start...

"Me fail English?  That's unpossible!"

It's a quote from the Simpsons.  From the police chief's idiot son.

You might try:

"It isn't impossible that something like that may have happened."

But instead of that, you might just read all the accounts available from both captors and fellow prisoners which mention no such activity nor contain any suggestion that such an activity might have occured.

"Not impossible" includes such unlikely events as "unpossible" becoming an actual word in English.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

grampster

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2008, 04:37:49 AM »

"It took the United States some dumb ass grunts to sink that low tease them a bit." 

There.  Fixed it for you.     
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Iain

• friend
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2008, 05:28:37 AM »
Yeah, I'll pass on any 'teasing' from you then grampster.

Don't fancy being sodomised or being bitten by dogs, but if that's teasing in your house I reckon you should have a good supply of antiseptic on standby.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2008, 05:35:27 AM »

"It took the United States some dumb ass grunts to sink that low tease them a bit." 

Those dumb bastards were Reservists, I think.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2008, 03:42:36 PM »

I'll accept the amendment.

The point remaining, of course, that the NVA engaged in torture of more or less classic types. They were not interested in playing silly games with the prisoners.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design