Author Topic: Arrrghhhh !!!!  (Read 2242 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Arrrghhhh !!!!
« on: March 04, 2008, 04:43:06 PM »
So I'm making dinner tonight.   No big deal, but one of the side dishes is "Flavored Rice In A Box".  You have to brown the vermicelli and then add 2 1/2 cups of boiling water.   So I grab the big Pyrex measuring cup, two and half cups of hot tap water and toss in the microwave for 4-5 minutes while the vermicelli browns.

DING !!  Water in the microwave is boiling, vermicelli is browned, pour water into pot, add "Flavoring packet" and put the measuring cup back in the cabinet.

Mrs. Scout:  "Aren't you going to wash that."
Me: "Wash what ??"
Mrs. Scout: "That cup."
Me: "You mean the measuring cup that I just boiled water in?  The measuring cup that has been sanitized with microwave radiation and extemely hot water and is now cleaner then any other dish or plate in this house. That measuring cup ?"
Mrs. Scout: "Yes, that one."
Me: "You want me to take warm soapy water, and wash it with a sponge and then rinse it with 'Hot' (yes, I did the Air Quotes thing) water, since boiling water doesn't make it clean enough, or am I missing something here."
Mrs. Scout: "Quit being such a sarcastic smart-ass and put it in the dish-washer."

Am I wrong Huh?
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Arrrghhhh !!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 04:46:06 PM »

Yes.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 04:57:09 PM »
In wedlock as in gambling, I have been told that 'the house always wins.' The 'house' in this case is the female of the outfit.

Yes, you can dirty up a glass in the microwave. If you've melted butter or cooked bacon in there, you've got lots grease on the insides. It's a definite possibilty that that grease will find its way into that measuring cup... and probably does happen to some degree. I believe I have noticed grease coming to the into the water when a bowl basin of water was microwaved (to clean said microwave out).

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 05:06:00 PM »
Am I wrong Huh?

You're talking to a woman. When they think they are right, you are always wrong. Regardless of the evidence.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 05:11:09 PM »
Remember, it's "SWMBO".  Did you forget that?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 05:35:32 PM »
I'll back you up, Scout.

I'd put the measuring cup back in the cabinet, too.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 05:39:13 PM »
I'd put it back too and Mrs Mtnbkr wouldn't say anything about it. Smiley

Chris

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 06:00:28 PM »
I'd put it back too and Mrs Mtnbkr wouldn't say anything about it. Smiley

Chris

... assuming Mrs. Mtnbkr wasn't home at the time.

Finished that for ya.  grin
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 06:02:05 PM »
Scout, you've got it all wrong.

Meekly cook for the lady, making as little noise as possible.  Be sure to remove the "dinging" aparatus from the microwave so as not to disturb her.  That way, when you do choose to microwave a perfectly clean dish to heat water, you can put that same dish away cleaner than it was before and she doesn't even know it was used.

The whole problem was disturbing her from her bon-bon and Springer relaxation period.   angel

(I've been through the same issue, but my SWMBO is a surprisingly rational representative of her gender and immediately grasped on the idea of hot water in clean dish = cleaner dish.)
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 06:04:17 PM »
"if a man speaks in the forest and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong?"
i went through a similar argument vis a vis hanging clothes to dry as opposed to tumble drying them

it took me  2 wives but the secret to being happily married is to do what they ask  right away before anyone gets hurt

BridgeWalker

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008, 06:10:35 PM »
You're right.

And if my husband would put the clean cup back in the cupboard, I would shower him with gratitude.

I utterly disagree though that an analogy can be drawn with hanging v tumbling clothes.  Both methods have their benefits, but the results are very different.

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008, 06:36:29 PM »
jack nicholson said it so well  i think it was in seven easy pieces   when asked how as a writer he was able to express so well how a woman thinks he said "its easy  you just think like a man and throw out logic and accountability"

my wife is a pretend tree hugger and would go nuts if i removed anytree for any reason. i finally learned to remove em when shes at work and completely dispose of them   rake the saw dust away. she never misses em  keeps the shreiking down

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2008, 06:45:53 PM »
jack nicholson said it so well  i think it was in seven easy pieces   when asked how as a writer he was able to express so well how a woman thinks he said "its easy  you just think like a man and throw out logic and accountability"

Not even close.

That was from "As Good As It Gets" from 1997.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2008, 07:06:50 PM »
97?  wow i was off 

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2008, 01:24:52 AM »
Whole lot easier to put it in the diswasher than to have her carry this memory around to bring up in every arguement you have for the rest of your natural life.....or gripe to her mother about when they "girl-talk"......  rolleyes

Sometimes, you have to act like a Republican and "compromise" with silly ideas for "consensus"....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2008, 02:21:58 AM »
I guess I'm in a rare situation.  My wife is worthless in the kitchen.
In general, though, even when you're right, you're still wrong.

We've enrolled Evil Spawn #2 in a Little Gym class.  She's 2.5yrs.  Cost something obnoxious for like a 16 week cycle.
Yesterday, wife was suppossed to take her.  I'd taken Spawn #1, version 4.5 and less evil to his swim lesson. 
Wife is HALF AN HOUR late to the girl's ONE HOUR class.  Its 8 minutes from our house.  EIGHT FARKIN MINUTES AWAY.  And I was wrong for being mad that she was late (again) to the ONE GOD DAMN THING our daughter is enrolled in.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2008, 06:23:23 AM »
Why do you have your 2.5yo enrolled in a gym?.......shouldn't one learn to walk before using the Stairmaster?.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.