Author Topic: doing the right thing but too late  (Read 4254 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

doing the right thing but too late
« on: March 05, 2008, 03:55:08 PM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23483293

if he had done this in 88

SANTA ANA, Calif. - A 52-year-old man jumped to his death from a courthouse balcony hours after being convicted of child molestation, authorities said.

Carlos Edward Tello was facing more than 20 years in prison when he jumped from a ninth-floor balcony of the Central Justice Center in Santa Ana Tuesday afternoon. A suicide note was tucked into his clothing, authorities said.

A jury in a Fullerton courtroom earlier Tuesday convicted Tello of repeatedly molesting a young girl between 1989 and 1994.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
Re: doing the right thing but too late
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 04:06:17 PM »
But... but... the man... died! We should be respectful of the fact that he's now dead.  It doesn't matter what sorts of stupid or hurtful things he did while alive.

Your lack of class embarrasses me.  I simply must protest your tastelessness, lest outsiders get a bad impression of gun owners everywhere.

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 04:08:04 PM »
i stand chastised and humbled

Paddy

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 04:11:58 PM »
SPLAT!  The next thing he heard was Satan welcoming him.  laugh

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 06:21:50 PM »
Looks like we need to ban/outlaw nine story buildings. What if this poor man had landed on a children? remember if saves just one children...
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Iain

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 10:54:47 PM »
But... but... the man... died! We should be respectful of the fact that he's now dead.  It doesn't matter what sorts of stupid or hurtful things he did while alive.

Your lack of class embarrasses me.  I simply must protest your tastelessness, lest outsiders get a bad impression of gun owners everywhere.
Keep your inanity to one thread. This isn't funny, but it is recent news. No bumper stickers yet anyway.

This guy molested kids - you're reaching to draw any parallel with Corrie who was a stupid kid. Very illustrative of why she is so 'funny' though, thanks, although I wish I couldn't see the reasoning, because the reasoning certainly isn't funny, just rather sad.
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 01:22:08 AM »
...and they say child molesters can't be rehabilitated......
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 02:51:27 AM »

Keep your inanity to one thread. This isn't funny, but it is recent news. No bumper stickers yet anyway.

This guy molested kids - you're reaching to draw any parallel with Corrie who was a stupid kid. Very illustrative of why she is so 'funny' though, thanks, although I wish I couldn't see the reasoning, because the reasoning certainly isn't funny, just rather sad.

This dude molested kids.

Corrie help the Palis blow them to bits...or at least helped the Palis protect tunnel networks used to move explosives from Gaza into the rest of Israel.

Both got what they deserved.  Let them both roast in hades.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 02:16:24 PM »

I'll grant that there is less humor to be found in a jumping off a tall building compared to getting oneself squished by a dozer (and then becoming the guest of honor at a pancake breakfast).  But as jfruser points out, Corrie and the child molester both did awful deeds.  They don't deserve any sympathy, respect, or "class".  The world is better off without them. 

Perhaps we should just chalk this one up to cultural differences.  When people earn scorn, we don't mind giving it to them.  Perhaps things are different in Britain.  So be it.

Strings

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 04:59:07 PM »
well... that's ONE good child molester...

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 05:07:14 PM »
to cultural differences.  When people earn scorn, we don't mind giving it to them.  Perhaps things are different in Britain.  So be it.

I think your analysis is off; it's more proper to say that in Britain, advocating for an unpopular cause doesn't lead people to argue that you deserve the death penalty.  Neither do Britons consider, by and large, advocating for human rights for Palestinians a crime.  (Indeed-destroying civilian homes is a recognized war crime in Britain; they had a flap over that.)

So that would be the main difference-military attacks on civilians in reprisal for terrorism is not considered legitimate in the UK, whereas most of the people posting on the subject on this board believe that military force against civilians in reprisal attacks is legitimate.

And that's why Rachel Corrie is compared to a child molestor on this board, and why someone who thinks attacks on civilian homes are unacceptable sees no comparison.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 05:44:06 PM »
Rachel Corrie wasn't just "advocating for an unpopular cause".  She flew to Gaza and volunteered to use herself as a human shield to protect terrorists.  She got herself killed trying to stop Israeli defenses from finding hidden explosives.

If Rachel Corrie had died while peacefully advocating for her cause, then I would show her some respect.  As it is, she died trying to aid terrorism.  I have no respect for that, and I question anyone else who does.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 07:09:35 PM »
Rachel Corrie wasn't just "advocating for an unpopular cause".  She flew to Gaza and volunteered to use herself as a human shield to protect terrorists.  She got herself killed trying to stop Israeli defenses from finding hidden explosives.

If Rachel Corrie had died while peacefully advocating for her cause, then I would show her some respect.  As it is, she died trying to aid terrorism.  I have no respect for that, and I question anyone else who does.

No, she was standing in front of a Palestinian home.  That does not constitute "protecting terrorists", unless you believe all Palestinians are automatically terrorists, which is a belief I didn't find common in Britain, nor do I find it to be common anywhere in the world except the USA.

Standing in front of a bulldozer that is bulldozing a family's home without any shred of proof that the entire family, or even a single member, was a terrorist is not violence.  I'm sorry, but there is simply no rational way to conclude that.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Strings

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2008, 07:32:04 PM »
I have to ask, SS: do you spend THAT much time checking the boards for posts to argue, or do you have some sort of bot set up with key words?

Paddy

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2008, 07:37:12 PM »
Well, if the so called 'Palestinians' hadn't been on Israeli land, there wouldn't have been a problem, would there, shootinstudent?

Don't you get it?  There are no 'Palestinians'.  Never were.  They are a fictitious people invented first by the Romans and two millenium later promulgated by the Jew hating Arabs.

Jews are legally and morally entitled to their own state.  And the historical boundaries of that state far exceed those currently known as Israel.  Their forbearance can only be described as Divine.

And I'll tell you what else.  The Moslem Arab world better get a clue and real quick. The only thing it's got going for it is the money the West has graciously donated to them in exchange for some oil.  When they encroach on our land, attack and kill our people, they are setting themselves up for a hell not contemplated by that pervert,  Mohamed.

Who knows when the patience of the Jews will be consumed?   Don't count on the West to constrain them, especially the United States.  We're not as gullible and weak as you think.

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008, 08:02:34 PM »
damn  riley i think the end times are nigh. i just found myself agreeing totally with you

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 08:03:22 PM »
Well, if the so called 'Palestinians' hadn't been on Israeli land, there wouldn't have been a problem, would there, shootinstudent?

Don't you get it?  There are no 'Palestinians'.  Never were.  They are a fictitious people invented first by the Romans and two millenium later promulgated by the Jew hating Arabs.

Jews are legally and morally entitled to their own state.  And the historical boundaries of that state far exceed those currently known as Israel.  Their forbearance can only be described as Divine.

And I'll tell you what else.  The Moslem Arab world better get a clue and real quick. The only thing it's got going for it is the money the West has graciously donated to them in exchange for some oil.  When they encroach on our land, attack and kill our people, they are setting themselves up for a hell not contemplated by that pervert,  Mohamed.

Who knows when the patience of the Jews will be consumed?   Don't count on the West to constrain them, especially the United States.  We're not as gullible and weak as you think.

The proposition that there are no Palestinians is absurd beyond belief.  It deserves no response, considering that you can easily see that there are Palestinians if you open any paper at all and read the headlines from today.

The Jerusalem Post was called "The Palestine Post" before independence.  The International mandate was called "Palestine."  The people have called themselves Palestinian for at least 500 years before today.  And a good chunk of those people aren't Muslims-the late George Habash and Edward Said being classic examples.

Maybe you believe that being of a particular race-religion entitles one to rights and land over others; I don't.  A Jew born in Germany is entitled to every right that anyone else born in Germany has, and a Palestinian born in Palestine is entitled to every right that any other person born in historical Palestine has (you know, the land as it was called by everyone, including the founders of the Jerusalem Post, before 1948).  I completely reject your implied assumption that somehow being born of a certain race grants specific land and personal rights solely on account of that race.

But regardless of our difference on that point, the claim that there are no Palestinians is not supported by even a shred of fact or reason.

Edit:

Some reading for you:  http://www.lpj.org/Patriarchs/Sabbah/Lent2001.htm

Maybe you should email him and let him know that he's not Palestinian, and that Israel doesn't belong to Christians so he has no right to complain:

5.               As regards the houses which continually undergo the Israeli bombardments, we say to the Israelis: Destroy our churches but spare the homes of our faithful. If you must impose, at any price, collective punishment and if there needs be a ransom in order to procure the tranquillity of innocent children and families, we offer our churches: Destroy them; we will find other places in which to pray and we will continue to pray for ourselves and for you. And to the Palestinian militants who think that it is necessary to direct their fire against the Israelis from populated houses, even when the orders are clear: Do not transform peaceful homes into a line of fire  to them too we say: Obey the orders, preserve the cohesion of Palestinian society, and spare the homes of the innocent. We agree to offer our churches as ransom for any house that they want to demolish. However, we cannot agree to the demolition of the homes of our children so that they be forced to abandon their land.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2008, 04:41:30 AM »
Check your facts, SS.  The Israeli dozer wasn't demolishing a family's home when Rachel Corrie tried to stop it with her face.  It was operating in an empty field, clearing rubble and searching for buried explosives. 

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2008, 05:09:19 AM »
Gents,

So far this thread looks ok to me, but please remember to behave....

Thanks y'all.

M
One day at a time.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2008, 11:43:04 AM »
Check your facts, SS.  The Israeli dozer wasn't demolishing a family's home when Rachel Corrie tried to stop it with her face.  It was operating in an empty field, clearing rubble and searching for buried explosives. 

No, the facts do not support this.  I quote from a source I believe you will find credible on the incident:  http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/3735
The 23-year-old Corrie, who traveled more than 8,000 miles from Olympia, Washington, was run over by a bulldozer when she tried to block the vehicle from demolishing a house in Rafah - a house where she had been staying.

SomeKid

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2008, 11:52:50 AM »
SS,

Do you consider it your contribution to the Jihad to step up to the plate and be a sympathizer for every Muslim/terrorist (the words are quickly becoming interchangeable)?

Regardless, the Palestinians should be given an ultimatum. Stop supporting Hamas/other terrorist orgs, and kill them all. Give them 6 months to purge the terrorists from the civilians. If they fail, they should all be exterminated. There. I have just created a Middle-East peace solution between the Israelis and the terrorist/Muslims. Where is my Nobel Peace prize?

Coincidentally, this is also the best solution to pedophiles like what started this thread. Immediate swift uncompromising execution. Preferably in public.

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2008, 11:55:14 AM »
shooting student  even the other ism heros don't corroborate/collaborate your fantasy about what happened and retracted their misleading pictures

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2008, 11:58:13 AM »
SS,

Do you consider it your contribution to the Jihad to step up to the plate and be a sympathizer for every Muslim/terrorist (the words are quickly becoming interchangeable)?

Regardless, the Palestinians should be given an ultimatum. Stop supporting Hamas/other terrorist orgs, and kill them all. Give them 6 months to purge the terrorists from the civilians. If they fail, they should all be exterminated. There. I have just created a Middle-East peace solution between the Israelis and the terrorist/Muslims. Where is my Nobel Peace prize?

Coincidentally, this is also the best solution to pedophiles like what started this thread. Immediate swift uncompromising execution. Preferably in public.

SomeKid,

What do you think we should do with individuals who support genocide, and who call for mass executions on a regular basis?  Should there be a punishment for that, or should we evaluate each call for genocide on its "merits"?

SomeKid

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2008, 12:16:29 PM »
SS,

SomeKid,

What do you think we should do with individuals who support genocide, and who call for mass executions on a regular basis?  Should there be a punishment for that, or should we evaluate each call for genocide on its "merits"?

Obviously, judge by the merits. Nazism, Communism, Islamic terrorism (henceforth shortened to "Muslims") are all ideologies/groups of people that were a threat to all of humanity, and deserve nothing other than to be entirely wiped out.

However desiring the extermination of groups like say Jews, America, etc should be scorned. Actively attempting to carry out attacks on say, America, warrant the swift death for all involved.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2008, 12:33:19 PM »
Obviously, judge by the merits. Nazism, Communism, Islamic terrorism (henceforth shortened to "Muslims") are all ideologies/groups of people that were a threat to all of humanity, and deserve nothing other than to be entirely wiped out.

However desiring the extermination of groups like say Jews, America, etc should be scorned. Actively attempting to carry out attacks on say, America, warrant the swift death for all involved.

Wow.

Condoning such activities (genocide) is quite dangerous, seeing as "ideologies/groups of people that were a threat to all of humanity" tends to reside entirely in the eye of the beholder.

--OR--

You're joking, right?

YMMV