Author Topic: Jeff Healey - RIP  (Read 915 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Jeff Healey - RIP
« on: March 07, 2008, 07:55:59 AM »
Dang.  Just heard that Jeff Healey died on Mondey.   sad

Heckuva guitar player, blind or not. Golden strings and endless melodies, dude.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Polishrifleman

• friend
Re: Jeff Healey - RIP
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 08:06:58 AM »
I read that the other day.  Cancer was the final opening of Death's door.  In reading the article I learned that is how he lost his eyesight at a young age too.  Some type of retinal cancer that he beat.  Now he's hanging with Stevie Ray!  RIP Jeff

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 08:12:26 AM »
I remember when he came out with his first big album, '88 or '89. I remember thinking, "Wow, this guy is pretty good." Had no idea at the time he was blind.

Ever heard his cover of "When the night comes falling from the sky"? Great stuff.

R.I.P.
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

robear

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 08:14:02 AM »
His cover of "While my guitar gently weeps" was awesome.

RIP Jeff.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 08:55:11 AM »
Wow, that sucks. sad

Remember him in the movie "Roadhouse"? I saw a show a couple weeks ago, I think on PBS, with him and Jeff Beck IIRC.

He will be missed.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

crt360

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 11:49:27 AM »
I saw that.  I remember buying his first album and trying to figure out how the hell he played holding his guitar like he did.  He was truly a talented guy.

His "house band" was best thing about Roadhouse.

Speaking of Roadhouse, I heard the bouncer guy from that show has pancreatic cancer.
For entertainment purposes only.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 04:50:56 PM »
First Healy & now Swayze.......nutz!......

Hope Sam Elliot's taking care of himself........
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 01:42:12 PM »
This sure bummed my wife.  She's a big fan of Jeff Healey.
She's also a big fan of Patrick Swayze...   sad
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Tcb in Tn

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 05:29:59 PM »
I hate to hear that. I have always been a fan, and recently my teen kids (2 boys and a girl) have found out about him and have a lot of his better stuff on their I-pods. (I have much of it on mine as well).