Author Topic: Pittsburgh group plans to storm recruiting office and "cage" recruiters...  (Read 25361 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
They probably all had the munchies from a night of pot smoking and circle drumming.

Or, doing something in a circle...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Manedwolf

• friend
The funny thing is that those fruitcakes are also anarchists.

They don't seem to realize that all that anarchism means that if they pulled something like that, anyone who wished to could shoot them all and cart them off. Who would do anything about it?

Anarchism means that rule by force becomes the only rule. And they never get that. Maybe they ought to visit some of the constant-warfare bloody pits in Africa to see what anarchism looks like.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Except that their view of anarchism is actually more a utopian idealism.

I've talked to a couple of these fruitcakes.

They TRULY believe that mankind would eagerly embrace the anarchist ideal of personal interactions replacing structured government, and that everyone would treat everyone else equitably.

Yeesh.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Manedwolf

• friend

They TRULY believe that mankind would eagerly embrace the anarchist ideal of personal interactions replacing structured government, and that everyone would treat everyone else equitably.

Yeesh.

Like I said, they need to be dropped in the middle of Africa, between the Liberation Army of This and the People's Free Militia of That...basically armed gangs of thugs.

Because that's what happens in anarchism. The first criminal that comes along destroys the "ideal".

The Viking

Yeesh.

Like I said, they need to be dropped in the middle of Africa, between the Liberation Army of This and the People's Free Militia of That...basically armed gangs of thugs.

Because that's what happens in anarchism. The first criminal that comes along destroys the "ideal".
They would obviously blame that on THE EVIL GUNS!!!

Manedwolf

• friend

Quite possibly, but they'd still be wrong. The Kalashnikov was only the second-most-common weapon in the recent African atrocities. Ammunition costs money.

In most places, particularly Rwanda, this is what killed hundreds of thousands of people, hacked to death.

Needs no ammunition, no parts, no skill. Just a hand around it, controlled by an evil mind.
And it's what would happen and DOES happen any place there is "no government". Rule by gangs.

The Viking

Quite possibly, but they'd still be wrong. The Kalashnikov was only the second-most-common weapon in the recent African atrocities. Ammunition costs money.

In most places, particularly Rwanda, this is what killed hundreds of thousands of people, hacked to death.

Needs no ammunition, no parts, no skill. Just a hand around it, controlled by an evil mind.
And it's what would happen and DOES happen any place there is "no government". Rule by gangs.

I've used that as an argument when discussing gun control with friends. Got another one from the civil war that is brewing in Kenya...bows and arrows are being used. Yeah, gun control works. I've considered making my own firearm, just to prove that "no, you'll never get rid of firearms!"

Manedwolf

• friend
Anyone with respectable machine skills could make a Sten in an outdated machine shop quite easily. The plans and dimensions are out there.

Anyone slightly better equipped can produce their own AKs. And do. There's video out there of tribespeople in Pakistan making their own guns, in a forge, with rough casting, trimming tools, and hammers.

They were even making copies of Norinco copies of Tokarev TT-33s. Probably questionable metallurgy, but it'd shoot, and the 7.62x25 round would go through a k-pot.

No, there's no "making them go away". People who wish to use force will always be able to make guns, draw casings, cast bullets, and load them. And use them.

The Viking

Anyone with respectable machine skills could make a Sten in an outdated machine shop quite easily. The plans and dimensions are out there.

Anyone with access to some basic tools could make a submachine gun. Electric drill, hacksaw, welder and an assortment of metal tubing, sheet metal and endcaps is all that you need. I've got a pdf on how to make improvised ammo somewhere. Thank you, P.A. Luty. You've done a lot for firearms rights, by making sure everyone can build their own SMG. Try to ban THAT!

Oh, one can also modify various types of air guns and starting pistols to fire live ammo, and deactivated firearms (which requires a license here, but not in many other european countries) can in some cases be activated again...

WeedWhacker

And American hegemony? HA! If we're an empire, we suck at it! Where's our 10-cent gasoline? Where's our defeated enemies on their knees bearing tribute? Where's our cool Vader uniforms and snappy salutes?

We're not an empire, we're not imperialist, we're not out to subjugate the world. Hegemony. Please.

Take another toke and keep dreaming. Because enabling democracy, which is what we do, is such a terrible thing.

The founding fathers hated the very idea of a democracy. I'm perpetually annoyed by hearing that term bandied about by our dear leaders. :|

As for our empire, uh, what else do you call having hundreds of military bases all over the world? Cheap products for the commonfolk, why bother when we and our buddies can reap the benefits instead? The rest of them have their bread and circuses which most can afford; those that can't are either too lazy or too few to matter.

Like it or not, the facts are hard to ignore: the "empire in denial".
"Higher education" is often a euphemism for producers of fermented, homogenized minds.

WeedWhacker

Perhaps you forget who disarmed the victims in the first place...?
"Higher education" is often a euphemism for producers of fermented, homogenized minds.

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
You didn't answer any of my questions, manedwolf...

And why should he...

You never answer anyone's question woodie. You sidestep every one with inane, irrelevant,  self serving questions or statements of your own without ever directly addressing the issues raised by others.

Claiming false assumptions seems to be one of your favorite ways to sidestep. Why don't you try delineating what those false assumptions are and addressing each instead of playing the word games you seem to be so fond of.

But then playing word games, using misdirection, sidestepping or even ignoring issues is to be expected as it is a favored tactic of the left.

WHY oh WHY isn't there and ignore feature on APS - you'd top my list. AND I hope I'd top yours.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
As for our empire, uh, what else do you call having hundreds of military bases all over the world?

Ummmm.....Forward Defense.  Ever see any pictures of Europe after WWII ??  Or Iraq/Gaza/Lebanon at present.  War is messy and breaks things.  I'd much rather fight over there then over here. 

I'm with ManedWolf.  If we have an Empire, then where is my $.25 a gallon gas ??  My $.50 a bottle German Bier served chilled by my Korean houseboy and all my needs at attended to by at least half a dozen Geisha girls, ?? I should a French Chef cooking my meals and an Italian as my driver (well, maybe not an Italian) ??
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
"As for our empire, uh, what else do you call having hundreds of military bases all over the world?"

I call it having forward military bases in SOVERIGN nations that allow us to maintain those bases.

The United States doesn't control Germany, Italy, Japan, Great Britain, etc.

Our bases exist there with the permission of the governments of those nations.

We CAN be asked to leave by those soverign governments.

One good example? Subic Bay Naval Base in the Philippines. We were asked to leave, and we left.

Strings

Not only are those bases there for our forward defense, but to aid in the defense of those nations.

If you look at the military expendature of those nations, they're fairly low. If we pulled out, they'd be forced to fund their own defense (which would be good, since it would result in less money for their pet social programs)...

Manedwolf

• friend
HAHAHA! The Pittsburgh ones chickened out, and are trying to offer an excuse...

The plan was simple: put out a call saying we were going to evict the recruiting station and bring a moveable cage to confine military recruiters until they no longer posed a danger to our community, all the while we would march to a different war-related institution, either the local ROTC office or Carnegie Mellon University (CMU).

# Protesters lock a 12 x 5 foot metal cage to front of Carnegie Mellon University administration building
# Protesters enter military-funded halls at university
# Overwhelming police presence from multiple departments fails to deter marchers
# Right wing war supporters are left angry and confused, in the rain, in front of empty, closed military recruiting station

Riiiiiiiiight.  cheesy

Picture from the SF protests on the 19th. She's got a kaffiyeh AND the che shirt!

Applaud! But don't show your face...Nice Jihad Hat-n-Glasses there, dude.

Wait, wasn't this an American antiwar protest? What're all the Pali flags doing there?

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
She's got a kaffiyeh AND the che shirt!

And it goes extremely well with her smug look of self righteousness.

Coming up next on What Not To Wear......

What're all the Pali flags doing there?

Silly ManedWolf, it's because the US invaded Gaza/West Bank/Palistine.....or not....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

The Viking

Methinks they didn't show up for two reasons: Reason #1: They are a bunch of spoiled leftist cowards.
Reason #2: They were too stoned/lazy to ever build that cage they were going on about...why, they are special people, they've got more important things to do than WORK! (Like smoking pot and being stupid).

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
Methinks they didn't show up for two reasons: Reason #1: They are a bunch of spoiled leftist cowards.
Reason #2: They were too stoned/lazy to ever build that cage they were going on about...why, they are special people, they've got more important things to do than WORK! (Like smoking pot and being stupid).

I would postulate a third reason:  Someone came out of their drug induced stupor just long enough to think, "Wait.    Marines...  We're gonna get the $#@^ kicked out of us..."
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

The Viking

I would postulate a third reason:  Someone came out of their drug induced stupor just long enough to think, "Wait.    Marines...  We're gonna get the $#@^ kicked out of us..."
That falls under reason#1.
They want attention, like all other 3-year olds.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Does anyone know what the logo is on the kerchief being worn by the vacuous-looking blond in the background?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Quote from: scout26
And it goes extremely well with her smug look of self righteousness.

Does anyone know what the logo is on the kerchief being worn by the vacuous-looking blond in the background?

It's funny how we can see things that aren't there, just from our foregone conclusions about people.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
I beg your pardon?

The woman in the following photo is wearing a red kerchief that has distinct areas of goldish screen printing on it.

I'm assuming from the vibrancy of color that this is A) a fairly new object and B) is probably something she bought very recently to "show her solidarity" with the "cause."

Ergo, I suspect that the yellow on the red kerchief actually has significance other than just as a decorative object.

The expression on her face is also as I have described it -- vacuous.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in

That's what I was talking about.  Her face doesn't look vacuous, Mike.  Nor does the other babe have a look of "smug self-righteousness."  That's just what we expect from people at this event, then some of us convince ourselves we can actually see it in their faces. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!

That's what I was talking about.  Her face doesn't look vacuous, Mike.  Nor does the other babe have a look of "smug self-righteousness."  That's just what we expect from people at this event, then some of us convince ourselves we can actually see it in their faces. 

The blonde on the left appears to me to be bored and has a what the hell am I doing here look on her face.

The middle eastern gal is grimacing. Grimacing isn't generally done when one is pleased.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online