Author Topic: Awareness test  (Read 1054 times)

Warren

Awareness test
« on: March 15, 2008, 12:38:19 AM »
http://break.com/index/awareness-test.html

The test was produced by the British nanny state. But quite clever.

It is not one of those scare-you type things, nothing will jump out at you and it is safe for all ages.

If you've seen it already, don't be a spoiler. Thanks.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
Re: Awareness test
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 04:23:42 AM »
SPOILERS:
That wasn't the moonwalk.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 04:40:13 AM »
I kind of passed.  grin
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Strings

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 02:50:59 PM »
I got the count right, but missed the "extra"

For anybody that rides (wether self-powered or motor-driven), this should scare you. The point of the exercise is to demonstrate that you don't see what you're not looking for. And most people don't look for cyclists...

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 03:26:21 PM »
I agree.  Most motorists aren't really looking for cyclists. 

I've found that motorist tend to see you better when you wear obnoxiously bright colors.  My dayglow neon yellow cycling jacket is like a car repelling force field.  Drivers give me a much wider berth when I wear it. 

If the bear had been wearing my jacket instead of black you would have noticed him immediately. 

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 03:29:14 PM »
What some of this reminded me of was the game on Wii-Play where you have to quickly spot a given face in a milling crowd on a busy street, find the one walking the fastest in only a couple of seconds, or quickly choose the two, three or four people wearing exactly the same thing, etc. It gets surprisingly difficult!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 04:36:02 PM »
If he wouldn't have said it was a suit, I doubt I would have realized that is what it was.  It looks just like a guy in black with a mask.  Since I was ignoring the guys in black, it figures.  I wasn't really watching the people in white either so much as that one ball.

If you are going to focus on one detail in a big crowd, you will miss other things in the crowd. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge