Author Topic: ALGORE starts $300m campaign for the global warming religion...  (Read 1381 times)

Manedwolf

• friend
Praise the Powerpoint and pass the carbon credits, brother!  rolleyes

Former Vice President Al Gore is starting a three-year $300 million publicity campaign to increase public awareness of climate change through ads in outlets like Men's Health, Real Simple, Ebony, Scientific American, Wired, "American Idol" and "The Daily Show."

The campaign is spearheaded by Gore's group, the Alliance for Climate Protection, which is forming partnerships with groups like the Girls Scouts, the United Steelworkers union and the Audubon Society, hoping to mobilize some 10 million activists over the next three years.

For help with this massive ad campaign, Gore's group has enlisted the Martin Agency, which has created ad packages for clients like GEICO and UPS and crafted the "Virginia is for Lovers" theme.

"The We campaign is not about supporting a particular bill or resolution," Gore's group says in a release. "It is about stimulating a cultural shift around this issue. Unfortunately, our leaders won't take the bold steps necessary until the American people demand real change."

http://video1.washingtontimes.com/fishwrap/2008/03/gore_kicks_off_300m_climate_ch_1.html

johnster999

Re: ALGORE starts $300m campaign for the global warming religion...
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 05:45:06 AM »
Wonder if old Al's house was lit up the other night?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 06:34:32 AM »
Wonder if old Al's house was lit up the other night?
WHICH house? The one in Tennessee(?) that uses 20x the amount of energy of the average home . . . or one of his other three homes that he shuttles between via corporate jet (he and his entourage), in the process generating the carbon footprint of a not-so-small village?

This guy is a real piece of work . . . he collects and spends hundreds of millions of dollars to push his own bogus agenda (even stooping so low as to take advantage of the Girl Scouts!) but will HE change HIS lifestyle?

Noooooo . . .

<Bleeping> hypocrite.  angry
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 03:06:50 PM »
Forget rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic, Al Gore is smashing a bottle of champagne on the bow.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Modifiedbrowning

• friend
  • Best Avatar on APS
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 04:01:11 PM »
until the American people demand real change.
As an American person I demand more nuclear power.
Give Peace a Chance,
Kill all Terrorists.

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 08:47:32 AM »
Sounds like he is dumping all that funny money made from selling the gullible carbon credits in case the DNC calls him up....chris3

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 11:05:25 AM »
How's does one get ordained in this new Church ??

For a few mil I'd be willing to kneel in front of a group of suckers..errr believers and lay hands on the earth while yelling "HEAL, BE HEALED, Get the Evil Out !!!!.....[Stand up]  Thank you, that'll be $10,000 each, please pay on the way out."
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 11:07:05 AM »
How's does one get ordained in this new Church ??

For a few mil I'd be willing to kneel in front of a group of suckers..errr believers and lay hands on the earth while yelling "HEAL, BE HEALED, Get the Evil Out !!!!.....[Stand up]  Thank you, that'll be $10,000 each, please pay on the way out."

you have to invent the internet...
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 11:26:22 AM »
you have to invent the internet...

....and global warming.