Author Topic: A fat man in high heels  (Read 12225 times)

The Annoyed Man

Re: A fat man in high heels
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2008, 09:58:47 PM »
Dude... Spoon says they make your ankle's look slimmer. But it would have been a better effect if you had shaved your legs... Tongue

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2008, 12:00:10 AM »
Now that there is a picture suitable for framing.  cheesy
Those shoes are cute!
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2008, 05:03:34 AM »
its not about feminising men or making men feel a rape victims pain. as if 4 inch heels compares to the pain of being raped (thats a stretch, even for you)

Well, I wasn't really saying those things, but nevermind. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2008, 01:42:03 PM »
I just threw up a little.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2008, 01:51:03 PM »
its not about feminising men or making men feel a rape victims pain. as if 4 inch heels compares to the pain of being raped (thats a stretch, even for you)

Well, I wasn't really saying those things, but nevermind. 

if "Wearing her shoes" were simply about understanding the pain of rape victims, rather than some larger feminist message of "You men don't know how hard it is to be a womyn," I'd be fine with it.

Huh???

What kind of annoys me is this.  The concept for the fund-raiser seems to connect "men putting themselves in the woman's position," with rape.

Huh???

and too look at the background of brads pic, seems like a lot of women at the event. in fact, i can only see two guys (brad and the dude behind the pole)
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2008, 08:12:40 PM »
OK.  I didn't say it was about feminising men. 

as if 4 inch heels compares to the pain of being raped (thats a stretch, even for you)

The way you say it, it sounds as if I was trying to make the comparison.  I was not. 

But is this really worth going on about any longer?   
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2008, 05:18:08 AM »
When you were buying those Size 14 ladies' shoes, did you by any chance happen to notice whether or not they had the "Endorsed by Janet Reno" logo?  grin
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2008, 05:26:28 AM »
Didn't know the "official" numbers until this morning.  Ended up with about 100 walkers.  Here's the story from the Lubbock AJ.  For more pics use the link.

http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/040608/liv_265582728.shtml

Lubbock men take a 'Walk In Her Shoes' to benefit crisis center
By Eric Finley | AVALANCHE-JOURNAL
Sunday, April 06, 2008
Story last updated at 4/6/2008 - 2:35 am

I have big feet because of my dad, whose feet were huge too.

The day I was born, I laid in the nursery with my foot propped up on the side of the crib. "There's no denying that one, Tom," my grandfather told my old man, "Look at that foot."

So my only concern before deciding to "Walk a Mile in Her Shoes" was the actual size of her shoes. Good causes are good - but not at the expense of my feet.

Of course, discomfort is relative.

It's nothing compared with the pain caused by sexual assault. A blister or two on Saturday was a gentle reminder of that tragedy as Lubbock men donned high heels to march four laps around the Lubbock County Courthouse.

It was the city's first Walk in Her Shoes event, an international campaign sponsored locally by the Lubbock Rape Crisis Center to raise money for the center and awareness of sexual assault.

Turns out Lubbock needs the discussion. There were 362 reports of assault in the region in 2007, 40 percent against children under the age of 17. In the past week, the crisis center responded to 15 cases, Executive Director Kim Stark said.

The walk "is a light-hearted way to talk about a serious issue," she said.

It drew about 100 men. There were old men with arthritic knees, young men with their girlfriends, and a guy on crutches who could have sold them for $100 by the time the walk was over.

Lubbock High School coach Mike Speck brought 19 of his football players, one of several community service projects the coach encourages his players to do.

"This topic is particularly important for them, with those hormones raging," he said.

Since they were Lubbock High Gold, I gave Speck my size 15 heels (which he couldn't wear either) for a pair of size 14 Cherry Reds with straps that felt a little more snug.

Soon, we started walking.

The first man down was Jim McCutchin, owner of McCutchin Construction in Levelland. He had the genius idea of walking halfway around the courthouse and finding a bench.

I spent a lap sitting and talking high heels and sore feet with McCutchin before I moved on to the north side of the courthouse. There I met Jericka Parker, a nice young lady from Smiley Wilson Middle School who, best of all, was sitting down. Jericka was volunteering with other National Honor Society students from Wilson.

How many laps did I do? I'm not saying - but it felt like four. It wasn't the size of the shoe that hurt so much, but the way it smashed my toes.

It wasn't a race, though a lot of people were trying to win. One of the first across the line was Lubbock Mayor David Miller, who ran most of the mile because he said it hurt less than walking.

"I'm not answering that," he said when asked how it felt to be the city's Male High Heel Walking Champion, "because you'll put it in the paper."

Come on, Mayor. At least it's for a good cause.

To comment on this story:

eric.finley@lubbockonline.com 766-8725

james.gallagher@lubbockonline.com 766-8706
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB