Author Topic: Larry the Cable Guy does Nutrisystem  (Read 6254 times)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Larry the Cable Guy does Nutrisystem
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2008, 03:16:38 PM »
Avenger, where do you live?

I can buy 24 16 ounce Coke cans for about $6.50.

In other words, you are paying .0695 cents per ounce, while I pay .0169 cents per ounce. You got some kind of coke tax or something?

I live in upstate SC. We have 12 oz aluminum cans (usually the cheapest option), usually in 12 and occasionally in 24 packs, 16 oz (for coke) and 24 oz (for Pepsi) bottles in 6 packs, and 2 liters (usually 1.25 apiece, sometimes less on sale). I don't drink coke at home. I drink tea. I'm referring to 20 oz bottles from convenience stores- I'm on the road constantly.

We don't get the 16 oz cans, though. Never seen them. Do they kind of look like "tallboys" ala big beer cans?

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

SomeKid

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2008, 03:26:00 PM »
I meant 12 ounces, which changes my price per ounce to .0226, still a lot less than you are suffering under.

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2008, 03:28:29 PM »
Oh. Well, still doesn't really help me that much. I'd use cans, but having a way to keep them cold, plus not forgetting to get them from the fridge, etc...

I'm dumping the caffeine anyway, soon, and we've only got a couple of weeks till the end of the semester. I'll quite then.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ezekiel

• friend
  • Intellectual Masturbationist
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2008, 05:30:06 PM »
Beer.  That's my problem, "beer."

I am 6', 250 lbs, and reside within walking distance of a micro-brewery.

I mean, it is not a short walk, but a walk nonetheless.  A brisk 15-20 minute job, into town, and I think, "you know what would taste good?"

It's all downhill from there...
Zeke

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2008, 05:35:09 PM »

I mean, it is not a short walk, but a walk nonetheless.  A brisk 15-20 minute job, into town, and I think, "you know what would taste good?"

Thankfully, I don't have that problem. I don't dare touch any alcohol, due to fear of becoming an alcoholic- it runs in the family.

SomeKid

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2008, 06:12:19 PM »
Well, I just bought 1 months supply. Heres to hoping I actually lose weight.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2008, 08:47:32 PM »

Would that be Blvd Brewery?

It is always better to eat 6-8 small meals throughout the day.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Ezekiel

• friend
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2008, 04:23:56 AM »

Would that be Blvd Brewery?

It is always better to eat 6-8 small meals throughout the day.

Powerplant Restaurant and Brewery in Parkville, MO.

Serious: it's not about the alcohol, I just LOVE the taste.  Hoppy, sort of bitter, refreshing with a slight citrus acidity and a creamy, nitrogen, head...

I admit to a psychological "addiction," however.  For example, when George Foreman lost to Ali, he was morose.  Unhappy.  Depressed.  He sat there and thought, "what makes me happy?"  As it turns out, it was cheeseburgers.  He thought, "I can have one of these whenever I want."  And he did.  Untold numbers.  He became HUGE.

Later, he figured that such didn't really, make him happy, he just didn't know how to get past the humiliating and personally hurtful loss.  Eventually, he refocused his life, became Heavyweight Champion (again) and our favorite shill for a machine that allows him to grill his desired burgers in a healthier way.  (To be honest, there's a lot to admire about the guy.)

For those who have perused the thread, I got divorced and it sucks.  Right now, those brews are my cheeseburgers.  Eventually, I'll get past it and become an improved guy.  Smiley
Zeke

Ezekiel

• friend
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2008, 04:28:22 AM »
Well, I just bought 1 months supply. Heres to hoping I actually lose weight.

Let us know how it goes.

Last month, I spent $400 on sushi.  Thusly, <$400 for -- in theory -- a months worth of food seems equitable.

I need to, I think, figure out "portion control" and when I am "full."  Throughout my life, such has vacillated based upon my exertion level.  If I moved, at all, I could eat what I desire, I'd bet...

But, I don't.  So, portion control.  (I will move some, later.  COLD here.)
Zeke

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2008, 04:31:57 AM »
Have a friend from my regular job who has family that at one time was the manager there.  Never have been there yet.  Hope to make it the next time I hit KC.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!