Author Topic: 32 people shot over the weekend in Chicago  (Read 3290 times)

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
32 people shot over the weekend in Chicago
« on: April 20, 2008, 09:09:37 AM »
http://cbs2chicago.com/local/chicago.weekend.violence.2.704117.html

But....but....but....  I thought guns weren't allowed in Chicago???    undecided
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: 32 people shot over the weekend in Chicago
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 09:16:40 AM »
They aren't. This report is obviously a lie.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 09:24:21 AM »
Maybe they should pass the same bans again but add the words "...and this time we mean it."?

That should stop the violence.
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 04:58:17 PM »
Unpossible. There are no guns in Chicago. Emperor Daley has decreed it.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 09:09:10 PM »
They obviously smuggle all the guns in from Missouri.  And with Missouri's elimination of pistol permits last year, this blood bath was just a matter of time. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 12:55:26 AM »
Capone would be so proud!  grin
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 03:08:18 AM »
All LIES I tell you!  There are no guns in Daley-stan.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 04:18:58 AM »
Capone would be so proud!  grin

Chicago was less corrupt when Capone ran it.

Also, the mafia generally hit their targets, not bystanders. Current gangstas do the exact opposite.

It's also worth noting that one of the safer area of Boston is the North End, Little Italy. Unlike Dorchester and Mattapan, which echo with 9mm pops every night, if a gang banger tries to move into the North End as territory, they generally disappear or accidentally drown in the Charles or the like. grin

280plus

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 11:05:19 AM »
There you go getting all factual on me again...  rolleyes

Actually I did kinda consider the "less corrupt in Capone's time" angle, but that didn't stop me.   grin

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 11:08:43 AM »
Means nothing to me.  I don't live in Chicago.  It's their problem.  laugh

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 11:12:05 AM »
There you go getting all factual on me again...  rolleyes

Actually I did kinda consider the "less corrupt in Capone's time" angle, but that didn't stop me.   grin

Well, look at the Valentine's Day Massacre. Done in front of a thick wall with no chance of hitting bystanders. Seven targets aimed at, seven targets hit, two Thompsons, full-auto, and two shotguns. No bystanders hit.

Yeah, it was brutal gang stuff, but if it happened with today's gangs, it'd be a busy public area, at least half a dozen bystanders hit, several killed, most of the intended victims missed. At least the mob shot straight and had an idea of backstop, and wasn't likely to bother you if you didn't bother them.

280plus

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 11:16:19 AM »
Hold on a minute there! Have we forgotten the hapless mechanic that got all shot to hell just cause he was there?  grin

Talk about wrong place wrong time!  shocked

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 11:18:43 AM »
Well, it was more a bad judgment call to do work for a gang that was stepping on Capone's toes. Last bit I saw, the mechanic had a couple of arrests for safecracking but was trying to go straight, but occasionally did repair work for Bugs Moran's gang.

Besides, the whole operation...it was a turf war, but the fake cops, the suits, the reassurance of bystanders by having the fake cops lead the plainclothed ones out. That's a lot different than the savage, animalistic, "b_tch! You disrespectin' my hat!" *BLAM* crap that goes on there today. Now, it's just people who place absolutely no value on life whatsoever....theirs, or anyone else's.

yesitsloaded

• friends
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 12:00:00 PM »
I must say I miss the good old days when criminals had principals and all.  laugh
So of the 32 shot, how many want their own gun now? Publicizing this might actually be a shot in the foot for Daley and his big brother krewe.

P.S. the comment
[/qu"b_tch! You disrespectin' my hat!"ote] reminds me to ask a question I have been wanting to ask. What is up with guys wearing their hats with the tag still on? Is it so you can take it back and trade hats when your hat is no longer cool?
I can haz nukular banstiks ? Say no to furries, yes to people.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 04:57:13 PM »
I must say I miss the good old days when criminals had principals and all.  laugh
Mr. Capone, I want to see you in my office, young man!

P.S. the comment "b_tch! You disrespectin' my hat!" reminds me to ask a question I have been wanting to ask. What is up with guys wearing their hats with the tag still on? Is it so you can take it back and trade hats when your hat is no longer cool?
Don't be hatin!  They just dig Minnie Pearl, that's all. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

doc2rn

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2008, 05:37:52 PM »
And I bet the kid the did was just about to turn his life around for the betterment of all concerned!

If I was one of the victims I would sue the city. Guns are illegal, my 2a rights where violated, and the PD has no responsibility to protect me. police laugh

yesitsloaded

• friends
Body count climbs by 5
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008, 05:39:59 PM »
CHICAGO   Authorities found five people dead Wednesday inside a house on the city's South Side, escalating the body count for an already violent spring for Chicago residents and police.

A cause of death for each of the three men and two women was not immediately available, said police Superintendent Jody Weis. Autopsies were scheduled for Thursday, the Cook County medical examiner's office said.

The victims' identities were not immediately released.

The incident was reported about 3:45 p.m. Wednesday after a woman attempting to visit the house found the bodies, said police spokeswoman Monique Bond.

Police did not believe an offender was on the loose and the incident appeared to be isolated inside the one house, Bond said.

"We don't think that the neighbors need to worry," she said. "We believe that it's been contained inside this residence, and right now detectives are on the scene talking to neighbors and trying to get as much information as possible to follow up on leads."

Investigators cordoned off a section of the residential street as neighbors milled around, talked in groups and watched.

Vanessa Mathis, whose mother lives across the street from the house where the bodies were discovered, said the neighborhood has many older residents and is not a crime-ridden area.

"We've never had anything like this to happen before," Mathis said.

The past few weeks have been bloody in Chicago after a spate of shootings.

Nine people were killed in 36 shootings last weekend, one of Chicago's first spring-like stretches of weather this year.

One man died and three others were wounded, including one of the alleged offenders, in shootings that took place late Monday in a South Side McDonald's restaurant parking lot.

The recent violence followed a six-month period during which more than 20 Chicago public school students were shot to death.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,352362,00.html

I think that makes it officially a crime wave rolleyes
I can haz nukular banstiks ? Say no to furries, yes to people.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2008, 06:23:26 PM »
So... is this actually unusual for Chicago, or just another day in paradise?

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2008, 07:30:00 PM »
So of the 32 shot, how many want their own gun now?

They're not giving out the total until the 2 guys on the ventilators are conscious and responding to stimuli.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.