Author Topic: Anti-Islamic Groups  (Read 1844 times)

Aaryq

Anti-Islamic Groups
« on: April 30, 2008, 11:28:19 AM »
Howdy folks,
I have a question that some of you may have an answer to.  One of my hobbies is writing essays.  It's strange but it passes the time and allows me to get the stuff in my head into an understandable format. Anyway, I'm considering writing an essya on anti-islamic prejudice in America today.  I've got a good start with general bigotry.  I'm trying to find out info on various organized (at least at some level) anti-islamic groups but all I can find so far is SANE.  Do you know of any others?
2ND HALF OF THE 3RD VERSE OF THE MARINES HYMN
"If the Army and the Navy
Ever look on Heaven's scenes,
They will find the streets are guarded
By United States Marines."

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: Anti-Islamic Groups
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 11:44:02 AM »
Why not write an essay on how CAIR is in fact endangering the welfare of American peaceful Muslims by defending and enabling extremists under the false guise of being a charity group?

There will always be "anti"-something noisemakers. They're harmless, just like Westboro Baptist is. They might say some odious things, but they're harmless.

What's far more dangerous are the groups that are hijacking an entire religion and its future to promote a radical agenda of intolerance and conquest, which is precisely what CAIR and its ilk, funded mostly by radical, wealthy Wahhabist extremists, are doing.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 12:13:20 PM »
You have set yourself a rather difficult task, IMO.

I mean, there are dozens of people and groups accused by the likes of CAIR as being anti-Islamic.  But, most folks who know anything about CAIR know enough to discount them as a source.  The accusations of such groups fly fast & furious, but rarely stick, due to the common sense of most folks.

SANE's website is currently under construction and I can't delve into their content to make a determination for that particular group, so no joy, there.

I suspect you'll have to be content to write about groups that hate just about everybody: KKK, some of the various NAZI groups (including Illinois NAZIs).  That won't be very interesting, because there are so few groups & members and they have about zero influence.  Bring your banjo and your fine-toothed comb to get anything substantive.

Another source may be explicitly athiest groups that hate all religions.  Perhaps there is one out there that takes a shine to Islam and goes after it hammer & tongs.

Heck, I can see why you are stumped.  I suspect your essay may be exceedingly short and end with the words, "Never mind..."
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 05:05:10 PM »
Most people used to believe that racism and anti-semitism were sane too. 

Anti Islamic groups include:

-the Jewish Defense League (a terrorist organization that is guilty of numerous murders)

-"The Secular Islam Summit"-check out the wack job positions their keynote speakers come up with, like "destroying Islam militarily" (that's Ayan Hirsi Ali's idea) or "wiping out Islamic barbarism by all means necessary" (Wafa Sultan's idea).

-The Phalanges militia, now rebranded the "Lebanese Forces" (the guys who used to check id cards all over Beirut, so they could mutilate and shoot on sight anyone whose id card said Muslim)

-The Shiv Sena (part of a broader network of groups dedicated to ridding India of Muslims)

etc etc.  The list goes on, but of course, you can find an excuse for anything if you look hard enough, so many people won't actually recognize these groups for what they are.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Fjolnirsson

• friends
  • The Anti-Claus
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 05:49:04 PM »
The only one I know of is http://www.apostatesofislam.com/.
Not sure if they are based in America, or if it is based elsewhere. They do claim American members.
Hi.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 06:27:44 PM »
SS:

The OP mentioned American Anti-Islamic groups.

Shooing folks in Lebanon for being muslim surely ain't an act of love, but I'm thinkin' the perpetrators don't hail from Kansas.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 08:01:17 PM »
If they're Lebanese, they probably come from Toledo.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 09:50:19 PM »
Start out here:

http://www.sillyallah.com

[THE VIEWS IN THE LINKS ABOVE ARE NOT ENDORSED BY MICROBALROG]
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 01:36:05 AM »
If they're Lebanese, they probably come from Toledo.

...and wear pearls with their combat boots....  grin
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 03:46:37 AM »
Most people used to believe that racism and anti-semitism were sane too. 

Anti Islamic groups include:

-the Jewish Defense League (a terrorist organization that is guilty of numerous murders)

JDL, which are indeed whackos, are terrorists, but Hamas and Hezbollah and other groups are not, according to SS.

Oh, the irony. The irony is painful.