Author Topic: cole bros circus  (Read 724 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
cole bros circus
« on: May 10, 2008, 06:08:40 AM »
took the kids  great show  old time circus
peta can kiss me where the sun rarely shines
those of you who struggle ith immigrqtion be forewarned most of the performers aren't home grown cornfed
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

mtnbkr

• friend
Re: cole bros circus
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 08:09:23 AM »
Cole Bros was the first circus I ever went to, way back when I lived in New Bern, NC.  At least back then, they were the largest circus to still do their shows in a tent.

those of you who struggle ith immigrqtion be forewarned most of the performers aren't home grown cornfed

The problem isn't immigration per se, but illegal immigration.  Especially considering those who are trying to go about it the legal way keep running into roadblocks, delays and corruption.   My coworker has been trying to get some of his wife's family over here from the Philipines since 1992.  They're still in the que.  A friend's wife (British) was trying to get her son a green card.  He turned 18 during the process.  He had to go back to England and start over.

Chris

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Re: cole bros circus
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 08:21:33 AM »
I saw the Wallendas (or what was left of them) at a Cole circus many years ago. Got Karl's signature but was too young and dumb to appreciate it at the time.
Avoid cliches like the plague!